Ernesto Valverde

Messigician

That’s the point I’m trying to make, he was a stabilising influence at a time the club needed it. People thought Barca would have a shocking defence and finish the season trophyless.

He outserved his usefulness but still has an important part in Barca history imo. He’s definitely worthy of more respect than being called Retardo.

This tbh, doesn't feel right calling him Retardo anymore, he is part of our history whether we like it or not

JohnN

It is hard to read this without getting emotional. For all his flaws he did his best and is undefeated vs Real Madrid in the league and copa.

Ernesto Valverde (former Barcelona manager): "My career as a coach at Barcelona has come to an end. It have been two and a half very intensive seasons. During this time I have had very happy times celebrating victories and titles, but also lived hard and difficult times." [fcb]

Valverde: "above all, I want to highlight the experience and the affection I felt from the fans during this stage. I want to thank President Bartomeu and the Board of Directors for the opportunity they have given me to lead this team and their confidence throughout this time."

Valverde: "I would also like to thank the support and treatment of all the people who have accompanied me at the Club during these two and a half seasons, and especially those who work in and around the first team and with whom I have shared so many moments."

Valverde: "Of course, I would also like to thank the players for all the hard work and effort that have allowed us to lift four titles together. From now on I wish you all the luck in the world, as well as the new coach, Setién. A hug to everyone. Visca Barça y Visca Catalunya."

The bolded part really made me emotional..

vinni

Valverde, Thanks and good bye. I dont think it was all bad. It was boring at times but he did some things well that should be highlighted.

Positive:
1th season. He patched up the problems we had from Enrique's era and made us win the double.
Winning most of the big matches in La liga. (RM/ATM etc)
Humble dude

Negative:
I think this have been covered allready..

George_Costanza

That’s the point I’m trying to make, he was a stabilising influence at a time the club needed it. People thought Barca would have a shocking defence and finish the season trophyless.

Which people are you talking about? The only issue we had was Neymar leaving and some of us thought it was for the best. I would think any semi-decent manager would have achieved La Liga's title with how weak both competitors were. Real finished third with 76 points (lowest since 2005-06 season) and ATM second with 79 points.

Devils

Some top clubs would have fired Valverde after Roma. ALL of them would have fired him after Ainfield.

No manager in the world was treated as well as Valverde in the last 3 years.

Stop with the sympathetic garbage, dawgs.

Marshall D Teach

Valverde apologists right now

Crying-Real.jpg

Havesaks

The most disgraceful thing happening the last 2 year is fans treatment regarding Valverde. There are a lot of ways to state your opinion, the way it has been handled by at least 50 % of the Internet Fans, is as disgusting as human nature gets. Look at a guy like catzi-something... Or Clemente who I already have on ignorelist, its painful to read their posts, because they clearly have major issues in their personal life and Valverde is just their channel for aggression. Freud would have a feast analzying them.

Havesaks

Easy to say when one has enough money. There are plenty of people for whom money is everything, and they just don't have it.

Ah well fair point. as long as your basic needs are covered (marshlow), money shouldn't mean much.

My point was, money doesn't mean anything in this context. Valverde wasn't treated well by the club, and how much money he gets, shouldn't be a factor.

Last edited:

Sailor Mars

Ernestine was treated better than he deserved. He had arguably the 2 most humiliating losses in CL history. He turned this team into a laughing stock.

Andrew M

Ah well fair point. as long as your basic needs are covered (marshlow), money shouldn't mean much.

My point was, money doesn't mean anything in this context. Valverde wasn't treated well by the club, and how much money he gets, shouldn't be a factor.

No-one should have any pity for these coaches that get paid millions for failing. Honestly, fuck them. They're as bad as CEOs that get massive bonuses for nothing

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Forget Valverde, the way Barca went about their business makes them look bad to potential future managers. The club's run by clowns.

As for Ernie then he knows it's a part of the business. It's not the first time he's gotten sacked. Everyone knew his time was over half a year ago. Everyone but Barto and Ernie himself.

I won't cry for Ernie, but Barca's lack of professionalism since 2010 is embarrassing.

Home of Barca Fans