Josep Maria Bartomeu

Andrew M

There are some who think Rossell and Bartomeu have been cooking the books and done some creative accounting to make the financial statements look better. Won't know until 2021 when a new board comes in, and that too only if the new president isn't a handpicked successor of Rosell/Bartomeu.

Well Barto will probably leave the club with the highest annual revenues in the world according to Deloitte

Sailor Mars

Well Barto will probably leave the club with the highest annual revenues in the world according to Deloitte

Doesn't Barca include transfer sales in their statements, compared to other clubs that don't? Plus wages as a percentage of revenue is way higher than any other club.

The closest comparable to Barca is Real Madrid. And they have a better wage structure and haven't been spending wild money every summer.
Barca's net spend has been considerably higher than Madrid's the past 4-5 years too.

Andrew M

Doesn't Barca include transfer sales in their statements, compared to other clubs that don't? Plus wages as a percentage of revenue is way higher than any other club.

The closest comparable to Barca is Real Madrid. And they have a better wage structure and haven't been spending wild money every summer.
Barca's net spend has been considerably higher than Madrid's the past 4-5 years too.

When Deloitte publish their annual football money league in a couple weeks, this will be the top 4 excluding player sales:

Barca: €852

Real Madrid: €757

Man Utd: €732

Bayern: €650

Madrid will get their new 100 mill adidas deal from 2020, but even that won't close the gap by 2021.

Wages to turnover of top 15 highest club revenues:

Juve: 71%

Atletico: 70%

Roma: 64%

PSG: 61%

Barca: 59%

Liverpool: 58%

Arsenal: 57%

Inter: 56%

Chelsea: 54%

Dortmund: 54%

Man Utd: 53%

Man City: 52%

Bayern: 48%

Real Madrid 48%

Spurs 39%

Havesaks

When Deloitte publish their annual football money league in a couple weeks, this will be the top 4 excluding player sales:

Barca: €852

Real Madrid: €757

Man Utd: €732

Bayern: €650

Madrid will get their new 100 mill adidas deal from 2020, but even that won't close the gap by 2021.

Wages to turnover of top 15 highest club revenues:

Juve: 71%

Atletico: 70%

Roma: 64%

PSG: 61%

Barca: 59%

Liverpool: 58%

Arsenal: 57%

Inter: 56%

Chelsea: 54%

Dortmund: 54%

Man Utd: 53%

Man City: 52%

Bayern: 48%

Real Madrid 48%

Spurs 39%

Does look impressive. Then again for a long time I read Barca wages where 70-80 % (but that maybe includes sign-on bonuses and normal bonuses - which we use fairly often compared to other clubs)??

Didn't we even take a 35m loan to fund transfers? And what about or debt. When the board took over, I often read reports about how we where decreasing our debt and 4-5 years later I read its 800m euro? And not to forget the new stadium which also will be costly

Andrew M

Does look impressive. Then again for a long time I read Barca wages where 70-80 % (but that maybe includes sign-on bonuses and normal bonuses - which we use fairly often compared to other clubs)??

Didn't we even take a 35m loan to fund transfers? And what about or debt. When the board took over, I often read reports about how we where decreasing our debt and 4-5 years later I read its 800m euro? And not to forget the new stadium which also will be costly

I believe in 2010 the net debt was 442 million euros. According to the club, the current net debt is 217 million as of June 2019. The current board is actually pretty good with the finances. It's the sporting planning which leaves a lot to be desired.

Our annual wage bill is 501 million, Madrid's is 362 million. But Messi is a big factor in that

To compare, Real Madrid actually have zero net debt which is very impressive. But they have taken out that loan for the stadium.....

Perhaps the figures are manipulated to look good with debt etc, but that's what they say.

Our EBIDTA is 72 million

FCBfan22

He acknowledged that most fans and some board members wanted Valverde out during the summer during the Setien presentation...

He kept him anyway.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If Valverde had decency, as amigos claimed he had, he would have offered his resignation last summer and acknowledged he made Barca play worst football in decades.

Messigician

🎙[SPORT] | Bartomeu: We spoke with a lot of coaches, we needed a boost

🔊 Bartomeu: “We have known for a while that the team's dynamic and performances could be improved, even thought results have been very good.”

🔊 Bartomeu: “Obviously, I would have liked things to happen differently. During recent weeks we have spoken with different managers, including Setien. Until now, nothing had been published, but, and I insist, I would have liked things to have happened differently."

🔊 Bartomeu: "We'd spoken with Valverde many times. We are halfway through the season and we felt we needed a boost for what remains of the campaign. And, with that, we want to win La Liga, the Champions League and the Copa del Rey."

🔊 Bartomeu: "I always backed Valverde, I like him as a coach, as a person, for the club. A year ago I personally backed him despite everything that was said and the petitions for him to be sacked, but in recent weeks, the dynamic wasn't good."

🔊 Bartomeu: "Abidal and Ramon (Planes) spoke with him, he was in the loop about everything and we thought that it was best to make a change. And (with Setien) we start from a good point, top of the league."

🔊 Bartomeu: " Valverde's written a goodbye letter today, showing the great person he is and the values he has. We're friends."

Home of Barca Fans