CL | Round 6: Inter Milan - FC Barcelona 1-2

Neymessi

Last CL match where we aren't fearing a humiliation. Come R16 and R8 we will always be shitting our pants that we don't see a repeat of the last 2 years.

Deep down I wish we would rather only win matches 1-0 or 2-1 than big margins in elimination rounds to not be a joke again.

malvolio

Even if that happens, nothing is stopping them from being EPL winners.

Well I don't give a rats ass about Liverpool's local exploits. But it would be a big difference in having to face them or not in the CL.
Even with Valverde on the bench I believe we would have won the CL if we somehow dodged Liverpool en route to the final.

Neymessi

Well I don't give a rats ass about Liverpool's local exploits. But it would be a big difference in having to face them or not in the CL.
Even with Valverde on the bench I believe we would have won the CL if we somehow dodged Liverpool en route to the final.

Oh, I thought you were a Manu fan by your statement.

I wouldn't be that happy if Liverpool gets knocked out by Salzburg.

malvolio

Oh, I thought you were a Manu fan by your statement.

I wouldn't be that happy if Liverpool gets knocked out by Salzburg.

Why wouldn't you? Are you a Barcelona fan or a Liverpool fan? Luck is a big part of winning the CL. Not having to meet a team like Liverpool is a good thing for us

Neymessi

Why wouldn't you? Are you a Barcelona fan or a Liverpool fan? Luck is a big part of winning the CL. Not having to meet a team like Liverpool is a good thing for us

There are plenty of good teams like Liverpool in the elimination rounds. It's not like not having Liverpool in the eliminations makes us 10 ten times more likely to win the CL.

Centauri B

There are plenty of good teams like Liverpool in the elimination rounds. It's not like not having Liverpool in the eliminations makes us 10 ten times more likely to win the CL.

I doubt there is a singe team like Liverpool in the elimination rounds. PSG is the other team I truly fear. If Liverpool are eliminated, our chances go up by at least 10%. It will also shut up lots of annoying kids on social media etc.

Neymessi

I doubt there is a singe team like Liverpool in the elimination rounds. PSG is the other team I truly fear. If Liverpool are eliminated, our chances go up by at least 10%. It will also shut up lots of annoying kids on social media etc.

Of course our chances will go up but not by That much that I should be THAT happy with their elimination.

malvolio

While with Valverde around nothing is sure, there are big teams that we can handle because their style of play. Liverpool is too intense for our current midfield. Our attack could bail us out but MSG would have to be on fire a la MSN 2014.
So it is better that we don't meet Liverpool in a double leg elimination round. We even could have more chances in a final.
Otherwise, if you look at all the other big teams in the CL no one is as good as them and no one is decisively better than us.

FC B

Playing with a B Team, can be a scenario, although there is an argument against this: if this B team gets beaten badly 4-0, then this might spread insecurity and distroy confidence among everyone, even those who did not play gets effected. (not everyone is so self-centered like Zlatan I.)

Giving key players rest is probably more important. I think EV might go a strategy in the middle. A mixed A/B team, resting everyone who is insure-prone... and losing 0-2 in the end. I hope I am wrong on this ...

Mats
Wagué, Lengle, Umtiti, Jr. Firpo
Vidal fdj raki
fati Griez/Messi perez

Pique has already 3 yellow cards (lenglet 0) in CL,IDK maybe this will also play into the squad.

There is still plenty of insecurity in the squad after Anfield debacle and it will persist until a new good coach comes and some of the old core is gone and new fresh players will arrive.
Why would anyone want the insufferables to advance?

Because it's better they win the CL instead of Mierda, Juve or PSG. Them going out is absolutely no guarantee Barca will win the CL, especially with how poor they play and with the low confidence/morale they have after Anfield fiasco.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Squad list:

Ter Stegen, I. Rakitic, Sergio, Todibo, Suárez, Neto, Lenglet, M. Wague, Griezmann, Aleñá, F. De Jong, Vidal, Umtiti, Junior, Iñaki Peña, C. Pérez, Riqui Puig, Ansu Fati, R. Araujo and Morer.

Qut through injury are N. Semedo, Arthur, O. Dembélé and Jordi Alba, with Piqué, Messi and S. Roberto also left out of the squad.

Home of Barca Fans