Lionel Messi - v7

Vilarrubi

Listen to this clown

Thiago Silva: "Messi wanted to rule over the game. He kicked two people and the referee did nothing. I argued with the ref and he kept laughing. You have to put admiration to one side."

"Messi always looks to force the referee to give them free-kicks in dangerous areas, he always acts in that way. We spoke with some players who play in Spain and the same thing happens, he looks to control the game and the referee’s decisions."

"In the Champions League, Messi doesn’t have that advantage because the referees are tougher. You don’t see him trying to rule so much. There are referees that, because of their admiration for him, start to weigh in on his side."

Calma Thiago, Calma.

regular-16-9

JohnN

Argentina fans have been bashing Messi for not trying hard enough for the national team. Now, Barca fans claim that he is trying harder for the national team than for Barca.
Bottom line, you can be the best in the world and still someone entitled will find something to complain about.

Donatello

IMO, Thiago Silva is probably the most talented CB to establish himself in the last decade.

I can name at least 3 guys better than him. Talent is just one of the criteria, this "Most talented but still not good because of X" looks BS argument to me unless that player is young or is working towards it.

Last edited:

vegitot

I can name at least 3 guys better than him. Talent is just one of the criteria, this "Most talented but still not good because of X" looks BS argument to me unless that player is young or is working towards it.

i think t.silva probably is the best cb of this decade.
but he is a brazilian,his opinions on argentina's players are always wrong

Ripsta

Both Messi and Ronaldo should have 1 less Ballon d'Or for me. Both should be on 4. Messi for 2009, 2011-2012, and 2015, and Ronaldo for 2008, 2014, 2016-2017. Iniesta or Xavi should have won for 2010, probably Iniesta for the WC winning goal alone. Modric shouldn't have won last year. Other than that it's fine by me.

Absolutely fucking not, what kind of BS is this?

Messi's been GOAT for a number of years now, you can debate which season was his best, 10/11, 14/15 or any of the last two seasons, but in terms of Messi being in demi-god form between the months of March 2010 and April/May 2010 no one has EVER played to that kind of level.

This was the period where he hit hat-tricks in successive games Vs Valencia and Zaragova (a goal from each of those game contained two of his best ever goals), smashed four past Arsenal, ruined Stuttgart and matched Brazilian Ronaldo's record of 47 goals.

This was before the Ballon d'Or became a gloryfied Champions League award too. Besides, if it went to someone by today's standards it would have been Sneijder.

Hardy

bad news for Messi, looks like VVD will not play next match with NT due to some personal reasons. The speculation is that he'll make the photoshoot with France Football for the ballon d'or.

Vilarrubi

Doubt a photoshoot would take priority over a Euro qualifier, even if they have 99% qualified. Something to note is Gomez, Henderson, Salah, Robertson have withdrawn too. Looks like a bit of Klopp magic to me ready for Crystal Palace away this weekend.

Vilarrubi

Despite being 1-0 down Argentina playing well again and better than current Barca.

In the words of Queen: “Is this the real life?”

Home of Barca Fans