Ivan Rakitić

BBZ8800

Well, he did play the last match.

Wonder if they trust Kovacic for matches like these now over Rakitic.

Actually, Cm Modric and pivot Brozovic are the only sure starters.
Brozovic is that guy from Inter who has the highest amount of covered kilometers on almost every match.
Lately, the 3rd pick is either Rakitic when Croatia wants to play safe and like on a World Cup.
The other option is a young CAM Nikola Vlasic who runs a lot like crazy.

Rakitic played against Hungary on Wednesday.
And since Croatia twice played badly in the 2nd match in 3-4 days during these qualifying matches, an NT Coach said that he will rotate a lot of players to have a fresh team.

Young Cam Vlasic entered for Rakitic.
Young winger Brekalo entered for Rebic who also played 4 days ago.
Kovacic entered instead of a suspended pivot Brozovic.

Nt coach Dalic doesn't want to play old and drained players twice for 90+90 minutes in 4 days.

Even Modric was subbed 4 days ago around minute 70.

Kul_z

Tragedy. Difference between him and modric today was exactly like one player plays for madrid and the other for cska moskva

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Almost feel sorry for the guy, until you remember that he is a millionaire who felt entitled for years at the biggest club of the world.

Regarding his performances, he's become low on confidence and very rusty after the bench treatment because well, that's what usually happens to players who ride the bench. Getting that Arthur treatment after years of being an undistuped starter has been a shock to him.

Tackle

First time I have seen him carry something.

Except for the time he single handedly defended our right flank on route to the treble where he scored the first goal in the final.

Or are we going to pretend he was always a shite player to push some flimsy narrative?

Oh god, this is hilarious

[tw]1183759220686180352[/tw]

Peak banter mate.

Player has to leave the airport by foot due to protesters.

What a loser, let's laugh at him.

Gnidrologist

okay
giphy.gif

Kul_z

Except for the time he single handedly defended our right flank on route to the treble where he scored the first goal in the final.

Or are we going to pretend he was always a shite player to push some flimsy narrative?

Single handendly? Lmao.
He was world class in 2015, year before with sevilla brilliant(would never forget that assist against real, he shitted on pepe so hard that probably that sealed his transfer to barca) and was a captain of that sevilla side, man of the match in el final also.

He WAS good.

Last two years(except world cup - he was brilliant also)
he plays like a donkey. Not one month, not half season, but two years he's playing like donkey. And hes earning millions.

So yeah, i think that we have every right to say that he sucks big time, and that he is not barca material ANYMORE, not even squad rotational and he takes the space for others players.

I want for him to go back to sevilla, or wherever so that he doesnt ruin that legacy he left here to the ground.

Tackle

Single handendly? Lmao.
He was world class in 2015, year before with sevilla brilliant(would never forget that assist against real, he shitted on pepe so hard that probably that sealed his transfer to barca) and was a captain of that sevilla side, man of the match in el final also.

He WAS good.

Last two years(except world cup - he was brilliant also)
he plays like a donkey. Not one month, not half season, but two years he's playing like donkey. And hes earning millions.

So yeah, i think that we have every right to say that he sucks big time, and that he is not barca material ANYMORE, not even squad rotational and he takes the space for others players.

I want for him to go back to sevilla, or wherever so that he doesnt ruin that legacy he left here to the ground.

He will be gone soon. Either in January or in the summer at the latest. He won't get many minutes until then unless we suffer an injury crisis in the midfield. Throwing him a few garbage minutes here and there is the only dignified thing to do. Puig and Alena cannot even make our squad lists. Rakitic is not blocking anyone.

His time at the club is clearly coming to an end and he is barely playing. Legitimately no reason for fans to still be taking the piss out of him at this point.

Also read my previous post again. I never said Rakitic single handedly won us the treble in 2015. I said he single handedly defended our right flank that season, which is absolutely true.

Givenchy

He will be gone soon. Either in January or in the summer at the latest. He won't get many minutes until then unless we suffer an injury crisis in the midfield. Throwing him a few garbage minutes here and there is the only dignified thing to do. Puig and Alena cannot even make our squad lists. Rakitic is not blocking anyone.

His time at the club is clearly coming to an end and he is barely playing. Legitimately no reason for fans to still be taking the piss out of him at this point.

Also read my previous post again. I never said Rakitic single handedly won us the treble in 2015. I said he single handedly defended our right flank that season, which is absolutely true.

gotta agree with this. i'm not a fan of Rakitic the player these days but hes still a human being and played a part in a treble.. the dude deserves some respeck on his name.

Valverde is to blame for him playing as much as he did and hes also to blame for the seniors being entitled knowing their position is safe despite shit performance after shit performance.

Kul_z

That was his job, wasnt it? Because xavi wasnt capable anymore to endure the tempo of the game. Yes, he was behind messi if you're on that, but so was alves. Alves that season was the best rb i ever saw. Running like a madman, defending and always an option, mature decisions, perfect season. No wonder our downfall came with his departure and that our right flank sucks since then, thats an obvious argument that goes against rakitic singlehandedly defended our right flank.

Home of Barca Fans