Ivan Rakitić

Sorin

Rakitic and his wife are deluded, but it’s not actually all their fault. It’s Valverde and the clubs fault for keeping him as a starter for so long uncontested.

Lucho saw the signs and tried replacing him with Gomes lol after that failed he kept his place for 2/3 years so now he’s been replaced they can’t believe it.

When Lucho tried to replace him with Gomes, that should've been the end of him at this club. At least as a starter. Gomes didn't work out in the end so that was unfortunate, but as soon as the next transfer window came he should've been told to look for a team, sold and bought another CM.

The guy got 3 extra seasons when he was finished 4 years ago. Amateurish leadership from top to bottom.

MTL_Barca

Well to be fair i'm sure it must be hard to go from being the coaches favorite player with a safe starting spot straight to the bench in just one summer :lol:

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I would keep Vidal until next summer. He's shown last night he's a very good option off the bench so unless he would ask to leave and we would get a really great offer (which is not likely with the likes of Inter being interested) I would keep him. Alena should be the one leaving (on loan) in January instead if his situation won't change in coming months.

Raki is as good as gone in January. I don't think he deserves (especially considering the fact Busi is not much better but he's still a starter) all this hatredness he's getting here (so it was nice to see Camp Nou still supporting him) and I believe he could be a useful player coming off the bench in certain games but this is probably the only way for him to get a message he should leave.

Should have left in the summer, but he was too arrogant and believed he had his spot secured. Even said so in an interview which makes it all worse :facepalm:

xXKonan

I have to think Rakitic truly thought even after all the fuckery this summer with Neymar trying to include him in the deal and decided to stay, he would still be a starter based on the fact he was untouchable under Valverde.

He was a good signing, helped us win the treble, etc. But if you ask me, I don't think he would be that hated by the fanbase if Valverde didn't make him untouchable and dropped him if he was underperforming, etc. Didn't also help he came off as a total knob in his interviews begging for contract renewals and claiming FDJ wasn't coming for his position as it was occupied.

Think this is his last season with the club, I can't see him wanting to ride the bench for much longer.

Laplacian

I honestly can't believe he's been phased out. Ahahahah

Finally. After 3 years of crippling midfield mediocrity ffinalllllly

Hope he stays where he is.

serghei

I have to think Rakitic truly thought even after all the fuckery this summer with Neymar trying to include him in the deal and decided to stay, he would still be a starter based on the fact he was untouchable under Valverde.

He was a good signing, helped us win the treble, etc. But if you ask me, I don't think he would be that hated by the fanbase if Valverde didn't make him untouchable and dropped him if he was underperforming, etc. Didn't also help he came off as a total knob in his interviews begging for contract renewals and claiming FDJ wasn't coming for his position as it was occupied.

Think this is his last season with the club, I can't see him wanting to ride the bench for much longer.

Totally. Valverde made a great squad player in post 2016 Rakitic be hated because he played him into the first 11 to death. It took another CL historic humiliation for Valverde to realise Rakitic is not starter material, something the fanbase and Lucho realised since 2016.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Totally. Valverde made a great squad player in post 2016 Rakitic be hated because he played him into the first 11 to death. It took another CL historic humiliation for Valverde to realise Rakitic is not starter material, something the fanbase and Lucho realised since 2016.
Valverde took Lucho's squad and took some wrong lessons from it and assumed that every player he got before his additions were "Good enough for Lucho then they are good enough for him"

That clearly wasn't the case with the likes of Roberto, Rakitic and the other core players such as Pique, Busi, Suarez etc were starting to show signs of slow down as well. Roberto was trusted but eventually fell into a poor run of bad form which led to us experimenting with a back three, but even if Lucho realized Roberto was not starter quality he stilled had confidence and overall trust in him to be useful.

I have to assume, Lucho seen it coming with Rakitic and thought Gomes could be an upgrade on him. But it took that injury to Iniesta and Gomes being poor for Rakitic to get back as a starter. I wouldn't have been shocked if Lucho did stay, he would he probably pushed for another Midfield in the summer of 2017.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What, he is back again with NT now that he doesn't play for Barca? :lol:

Nothing against the guy (ok, he's a pussy) but he should have packed his bags last summer.
Valverde played him all the time despite everything and that made things worse.

Messigician

Valverde took Lucho's squad and took some wrong lessons from it and assumed that every player he got before his additions were "Good enough for Lucho then they are good enough for him"

That clearly wasn't the case with the likes of Roberto, Rakitic and the other core players such as Pique, Busi, Suarez etc were starting to show signs of slow down as well. Roberto was trusted but eventually fell into a poor run of bad form which led to us experimenting with a back three, but even if Lucho realized Roberto was not starter quality he stilled had confidence and overall trust in him to be useful.

I have to assume, Lucho seen it coming with Rakitic and thought Gomes could be an upgrade on him. But it took that injury to Iniesta and Gomes being poor for Rakitic to get back as a starter. I wouldn't have been shocked if Lucho did stay, he would he probably pushed for another Midfield in the summer of 2017.

Lucho was sacked m8 everyone knows it.

Home of Barca Fans