Lliga | Round 4: FC Barcelona - Valencia CF 5-2

Gnidrologist

Most enjoyable match in a while and surprise surprise why - youngsters livening up the place. Went to total necromancy once everyone worthy was replaced with the gramps squad mid even if only for remainder of won game. The vitality that came from refreshed lineup was able to make sparkles even in still retarded, static keepball. Fati seems to be real deal.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

Great game. Can’t wait to see Messi with that midfield. Think Perez should’ve been subbed instead of Fati, tho.

Just for performance reasons though. Valverde was right to take him off. Everything is going fast for Ansu in past weeks. Ease him in slowly. Give him enough rest. 60 minutes is enough for a player who played Juvenil football 2 months ago.

EdmondDantes

Dream midfield that could be the start of something great.

Excellent performance overall.

Quick question; were we defending in a 4-1-4-1 in the first half?

Kul_z

Not that impressed with that middlefield today, but the potential from what i saw could be something else. Lets see on dortmund game if valverde changed the mf or is it a false alarm

Danic

Not that impressed with that middlefield today, but the potential from what i saw could be something else. Lets see on dortmund game if valverde changed the mf or is it a false alarm

Wtf?! What exactly wasnt good?! Best overall midfield performances in ages...

JohnN

Does Valverde use the same midfield against Dortmund? That is the question.

Assuming Messi will be out, I can't see Fati Playing the game, now that suarez is fit.
Although at this point, he might as well be in front of Perez in the pecking order for La liga home games, can he be given the responsibility for such a tough away game?

EdmondDantes

Does Valverde use the same midfield against Dortmund? That is the question.

Assuming Messi will be out, I can't see Fati Playing the game, now that suarez is fit.
Although at this point, he might as well be in front of Perez in the pecking order for La liga home games, can he be given the responsibility for such a tough away game?

I think so. Because he took both Arthur and Frenkie out (~70') when they were still very much full of running.

The only question mark is Busquets. Roberto didn't play a single minute last night, and he's played as a DM with Valverde before.

Last night's performance forced Valverde's hands into starting the same trio again I feel. Sergi might be in for Sergio but that's unlikely.

P.S.

Where's BBZ with his take from the game?

Last edited:

Zidane82

Sooooo .. as predicted many times ... Busqs is the player he’s always been when he’s playing with two technical AND mobile midfielders !!

Busqs / FDJ / Arthur for the foreseeable future !!

Zidane82

I think so. Because he took both Arthur and Frenkie out (~70') when they were still very much full of running.

The only question mark is Busquets. Roberto didn't play a single minute last night, and he's played as a DM with Valverde before.

Last night's performance forced Valverde's hands into starting the same trio again I feel. Sergi might be in for Sergio but that's unlikely.

P.S.

Please don’t EVER suggest that flamin Roberto can replace Busqs in that deep lying position .. if nothing wise that position demands good awareness and great technique plus concentration. All three are sadly missing from Roberto’s game

JohnN

P.S.

Exactly my thoughts. He has been kind of fair with player selections too. Players who perform seem to have his trust nowadays. Hope the trend continues. I don't think he would replace Busi, due to his experience alone. If Roberto got a starting spot, that would be instead of Arthur and I can't see this happening.

Home of Barca Fans