Neymar Jr.

Mitchell1978

He hasn't watched more than 3 PSG games, and the ones he did watch he was too busy seething with rage to pay attention. He keeps deflecting to "stat-tards", but it's a matter of the eye test too. He's stronger at riding challenges, his burst of acceleration is still there, he is far more creative with his passing and dribbling, and his reading of the game is far better. This is something you'll easily see if you've watched Neymar at PSG in the past two years. The only negatives are his injuries + his ball hogging.

Anyone who thinks 2015 Neymar is Neymar at his prime is either delusional, an idiot, or both; Serghei's both.

14/15 Neymar would suit barça the best, that Neymar played as a luitenant to Messi, moving more without the ball, using his speed to finish counterattacks, after that he became more similar to Messi, a playmaker/scorer (only less effective and brilliant as Leo)

Cant believe here are people who want him back. After they writing rumours seem to have faith in Neymar going to Barca, I want to make clear again that this is never allowed to happen.

Reputation and Honour

He disrespected the club and its fans in a way no other Barca player player ever did. Mes que un club also means to play for this club because it should be an honour. He only seeks money. If we sign him again we would make ourselves ridiculous and show how desperate we are. Someone like him should never be allowed to visit our beautiful city, wear our jersey or play in the best stadium in the world.

Financially

It would be a desaster. We already spent more than we earned on transfers this summer, by far. His wages are astronomically high. We luckily cant really afford him.

On the field:

We just dont need him. We have the best attack in europe, already without him.

Our attack is overloaded. Sometimes I think that the people who want him back dont get that we only can have three attackers (in a serious lineup with which we can win the ucl) we already have so many talented attackers and we would just waste them for Neymar. He is also injury prone so his performances might decline very soon.

Overall I d prefer to see valverde as our coach for the rest of his Life than neymar returning. I d prefer to lose laliga and go go segunda b. There is nothing worse than him returning.

I hope this is all just rumour, but we should really spread NoNeymar more than valverdeout.

serghei

To be fair it is very difficult to compare Neymar's performances in the French league to his performances in La Liga. The French league (on the whole) is a pretty low standard.

They are in denial.

They are comparing Neymar's performances in the CL groups with him being decisive in El Clasicos, and CL semifinals and finals, which are basically the most elite and high profile games in club football. And they actually claim his level has improved based on those CL groups and Ligue 1 games vs Dijon, Strasbourg, Amiens and whatever. Because his stats are very good in those games.

:lol:

Neymar's level has improved, but somehow he went from a top 3 Ballon d'Or player in 2015, to no. 12 in 2018. But... but... he is better than ever at reading the game and vision vs farmers.

Last edited:

psychotsek

Ideally the transfer fails.I can see everyone benefiting from this saga except FCB. PSG will get their money back,Bartomeu and co. will have their favorite Brazilian,media will go crazy and Neymar's sponsors will be delighted.
On the other hand 250m spent on a player we have already replaced with Griezmann and Dembelle spending over 200m.
This is just crazy.

serghei

Ideally the transfer fails.I can see everyone benefiting from this saga except FCB. PSG will get their money back,Bartomeu and co. will have their favorite Brazilian,media will go crazy and Neymar's sponsors will be delighted.
On the other hand 250m spent on a player we have already replaced with Griezmann and Dembelle spending over 200m.
This is just crazy.

Same. Only way it would actually be reasonable for us is if we give them Coutinho, Rakitic and 50-60m. max.

PSG are up shit creek without un paddle. Squeeze them dry. Cou Raki and no more than 40m. Preferably only 20m. You don't get chances like this often. Liverpool did it to us with Cou. Now it's our turn.

serghei

PSG are up shit creek without un paddle. Squeeze them dry. Cou Raki and no more than 40m. Preferably only 20m. You don't get chances like this often. Liverpool did it to us with Cou. Now it's our turn.

Nah, they have arab oil money. For them a 220m. bust is nothing. Only thing they risk by not selling Neymar is showing that you can risk your career by joining PSG, becaue they just don't care that much about players' wish and will make a future transfer off PSG very very hard.

So players who don't wanna remain with PSG by the time they hit their peak are gonna have trouble moving. Frenkie de Jong is very very lucky we went the extra mile for him.

The Mbappe saga will be very interesting. It will be curious what the Sheiks will do when he'll ask PSG to let him leave to Madrid, once he gets bored in Ligue 1 (already started to happen).

Last edited:

jamrock

no version of this transfer is acceptable,

No Raki+Countinho plus money, No of it

he made his bed, he should now be made to lay it it, why do we want to buy a 27 year old Brazilian, how many Brazilians have played well going into there 30's for us?

Watch us buy him and blow the bag, while Madrid get Mbappe 2-3 years from this, which is the player we should be planning to go in and all out transfer war for when he becomes available.

vueling

Nah, they have arab oil money. For them a 220m. bust is nothing. Only thing they risk by not selling Neymar is showing that you can risk your career by joining PSG, becaue they just don't care that much about players' wish and will make a future transfer off PSG very very hard.

So players who don't wanna remain with PSG by the time they hit their peak are gonna have trouble moving. Frenkie de Jong is very very lucky we went the extra mile for him.

The Mbappe saga will be very interesting. It will be curious what the Sheiks will do when he'll ask PSG to let him leave to Madrid, once he gets bored in Ligue 1 (already started to happen).

Well, when they throw enough money at players they‘ll forget about it and sign

vlad

Coutinho plus Rakitic and 100m would be fine by me. They still owe us money from the Neymar transfer?

I understand that money doesnt come from your pocket, not mine either, but still if you support club, you want them do good, 100m + rakitic and cou is just crazy, neymar isnt that good, his career is on downgrade since he left barca, his worth dropped alot, he cant be worth 200m anymore

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Even though PSG have Qatar funding and the 220m for Neymar is a drop in the ocean, it's not like they can just use their billions if they don't sell Neymar. They'll need to sell him if they want to replace him for FFP.

This is different to Rabiot case because he had minimal worth and his contract was nearly up so they just stopped him from playing, they can't do the same with Neymar as they need that 200m for future transfers.

The Observer

Coutinho plus Rakitic and 100m would be fine by me.

Agreed.

Coutinho worth: 70 million max.
Rakitic worth: 40 million max. (I'm generous, he is 31 and the whole fanbase wants him gone)

That's 110 mil. United did not sell Pogba for 120 million and Pogba is a garbage luxury player. Of course Barca have to pay up on top of those 2 players if they want the best transferable player in the world.

Even though PSG have Qatar funding and the 220m for Neymar is a drop in the ocean, it's not like they can just use their billions if they don't sell Neymar. They'll need to sell him if they want to replace him for FFP.

This is different to Rabiot case because he had minimal worth and his contract was nearly up so they just stopped him from playing, they can't do the same with Neymar as they need that 200m for future transfers.

Yup, Rule number 1 of management) Never EVER keep a player that doesn't want to play for your club. If PSG's owners keep Ney out of pride or because 40m a year is a drop in the ocean to them then what can be said apart from the fact that would make them not only poor business men, but poor football men too.

Either way this is a massive L for psg. I'd go as far as saying this Ney episode has made them realise they can't ever win the CL. Hence their relatively weak squad this year.

Home of Barca Fans