Do you want Rakitic to stay?

Do you want Rakitic to stay?

• Total voters

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Rakitic summed up in one GIF

giphy.gif

God Serena

Doesn't do a single thing everyone else in our midfield does, and what he does do, he does worse than everyone else. But none of that matters because he will start every single game regardless.

Gtfo

serghei

He should stay and be a squad player if we can't get at least 35m. for him. Problem is I don't trust Valverde to demote him.

JohnN

Voted yes. I wouldn't have voted yes if not for Valverde. I fear he will play him to the ground.

FC B

No, of course no, as a matter fact I'd love to see some players gone besides Rakitic, players like Coutinho, Umtiti, Busquets.

khaled_a_d

Tough one for me.
I think he is underrated here, and has been a good servant of the club for 5 years.
But time for new generation, and Busquets will stay.
For me, one of him & Vidal should leave, along Rafinha & Coutinho. This will open things up for Roberto & Alena (and may be few minutes here and there for Puig)

The Observer

He is 31 and was a very good but not special type of player so for that reason alone he is dispensable. Roberto, Alena, De Jong, Arthur, Vidal, Busquets are enough options for 3 spots.

He doesn't seem to want to go and transfer window in England is also closed so I don't see him leaving unless there is a deal with PSG involving Neymar.

Raketa10

Voted yes only because he is not our biggest problem but people are projecting Valverde's issues trough Rakitic. If Busi wasn't a club legend he should be the one to go before Rakitic. People are totally unfair towards him but fuck it I suppose there is no point in discussing that here since no one cares.

That being said if he has an offer from Inter or PSG he should accept it ASAP since 90% of Barca fans want him out and for me that would be enough to go. Problem is we don't have a midfielder who can score goals if he leaves together with Cou but I suppose if we buy Neymar we'll play with 3 DM players so I only hope that will work out for us.

Last summer we made a terrible mistake when we didn't sell him for 90 mil but that doesn't matter now.

Last edited:

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
He should stay and be a squad player if we can't get at least 35m. for him. Problem is I don't trust Valverde to demote him.
I am like-minded. He's a really good player to have in the squad. Unless we can get decent money for him, or he's involved in a player exchange we should keep him for this season at least.

shadows

I am a bit torn on this one.. if not for Valverde`s obsession with him to play every game and with stupid tactics totally not suited to him, I would probably want him to stay as a good role player on the team ahead of Busquets (who IMO has bigger problems but that comparison between two bad choices is not the topic here).. There are certain games where his skill set may suit us. But with Valverde, hell No..He will start him every game as if he just turned 20...

Home of Barca Fans