Our XI for 2019/20

soul24rage

Why would Roberto be a starter? There is no signs of that, imo. He will probably take minutes from Puig and Alena, but not De Jong/Busquets/Vidal, only maybe from Arthur, but judging from last season Valverde loves Arthur, so I think Roberto will get mostly playingtime against weaker opposition + when Semedo is injured.

I don't think Bob should be a starter in any position (he's a great squad player though), but because he's the 4th captain and that EV loves Bob as well, I just think he has a greater chance to be a starter. I hope I'm wrong though.

serghei

Arthur and Frenkie have to start the majority of the important games. That much is clear. There is just no other way. Play them as often as possible without burning them out, to develop the needed connections. They need to know each other's game inside out.

jairzinho

We're too slow and sluggish. It hurts my eyes just how slow we are. No one is running, there's little movement off the ball, no pressing, not enough vertical passing.

jairzinho

One option. People talk about Frenkie and his inclinations to push forward but It's all about the instructions from the coach. Last season he showed he can handle playing as the deepest midfielder

1767605_FC_Barcelona_B.jpg

Last edited:

tacticvarium

Messi and Suarez should no longer start together in the best 11 against top level teams. Those turtles don't make runs and that's too much burdens for the other players. Only one of them should be in the starting line up and we all know it would be Messi.

Kul_z

Messi and Suarez should no longer start together in the best 11 against top level teams. Those turtles don't make runs and that's too much burdens for the other players. Only one of them should be in the starting line up and we all know it would be Messi.

Yesterday was perfect example unfortunately, that this boring shitshow of ev needs both of them if we think to do something this season. Best case would be that he gets fired mid season, someone with fresh ideas and to spank them hard, ignite the fire. But, it is what it is. Considering the fuck ups we have, and so many out of form players, im starting to think that we should play something like:
Mats
Todibo pique lenglet
Roberto busi de jong alba
Messi griez
Suarez
Something like 3-4-3 in attack and 5-3-2 in defense, we dont play on flanks in attack, and we get fucked on the flanks. This would be total justified valverde shitshow system, but it could work :(

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Funnily, Roberto is our third best midfielder after Arthur and Frenkie now. I am tempted to say that Puig is better but we'll never know as EV won't play him. Rakitic, Busi and Vidal are old and have regressed compared to their peaks, Alena is at best current Roberto level potential-wise (but not for now), Coutinho is Coutinho.

JohnN

Coutinho is Coutinho.

I agree, he has been bad. Although one could argue he didn't play at midfield.

But what if, by some miracle, Coutinho played at his position and actually performed at his full potential again.
Then a midfield of FDJ, Arthur, Coutinho could not only work, but be pretty good.
At least in principle, I would love to test that theory.

PhilS

Assuming Messi will not be ready for the first game,

Ter Stegen
Dembele Pique Lenglet Alba
Roberto Rakitic De Jong
Greizmann Suarez Dembele

In midfield, from what we have seen so far, four will play every game, the non-starter will come on as a sub every game. Rak and Busquets need to share one starting position. I'd sure like to see Arthur join the team.

soul24rage

Assuming Messi will not be ready for the first game,

Ter Stegen
Dembele Pique Lenglet Alba
Roberto Rakitic De Jong
Greizmann Suarez Dembele

In midfield, from what we have seen so far, four will play every game, the non-starter will come on as a sub every game. Rak and Busquets need to share one starting position. I'd sure like to see Arthur join the team.

surely you meant Semedo at right back, not Dembele?

El Guaje

I agree, he has been bad. Although one could argue he didn't play at midfield.

But what if, by some miracle, Coutinho played at his position and actually performed at his full potential again.
Then a midfield of FDJ, Arthur, Coutinho could not only work, but be pretty good.
At least in principle, I would love to test that theory.

For Coutinho to shine we need to

- Get rid of Valverde
- Move him to the midfield
- Have the other players actually move off the ball and make runs
- Play faster and more direct rather than ultra mega super duper hyper slow sideways static shit football. I think pretty much all of our players would benefit from this. We dont have the players to play slow ass sideways possession football atm.

FinBarcelonafan

For Coutinho to shine we need to

- Get rid of Valverde
- Move him to the midfield
- Have the other players actually move off the ball and make runs
- Play faster and more direct rather than ultra mega super duper hyper slow sideways static shit football. I think pretty much all of our players would benefit from this. We dont have the players to play slow ass sideways possession football atm.

True. This would benefit Dembele as well.

Home of Barca Fans