Ousmane Dembélé

Devils

I did an analysis (using my unbelievable knowledge of football) on Barca players in recent years who have struggled against pressing teams since EV became our manager.

Marc-André ter Stegen
Jasper Cillessen
Nélson Semedo
Gerard Piqué
Ivan Rakitić
Sergio Busquets
Philippe Coutinho
Arthur
Luis Suárez
Lionel Messi
Ousmane Dembélé
Rafinha
Malcom
Clément Lenglet
Jordi Alba
Carles Aleñá
Sergi Roberto
Arturo Vidal
Samuel Umtiti
Andres Iniesta
Paulinho
Andre Gomes
Thomas Vermaelan
Javier Mascherano
Aleix Vidal
Lucas Digne
Yerry Mina
Paco Alcacer

BBZ8800

Yes, you and BBZ don't 'fucking' see it.

It seems that more and more fans are "seeing" it.

As predicted.
Considering him being a bad fit, his IQ, bambi personality, professionalism, lazyness, awareness, first touch, horrible passing.

Laplacian

I still think your massive Dembele fanboyism is trolling but I'll bite. I agree with that tactically the team has struggled with pressing sides. However the issue of pressing isn't one or the other, but a collection of issues. There are the team's tactical faults, but there also individual faults like Rakitic's passing under pressure against Liverpool. A team's ability to resist press is reliant on a coach's ability to set them up tactically, but it's also dependent on the collective individual ability of the squad. If your midfield is aging, slowing down, and some key players struggle with finding space and decision making - then quite obviously your press resistance will be shaky regardless of your coach's ability.

It's disingenuous to say Frenkie De Jong's quality under pressure is the same as Dembele's, it isn't and that's the point: Dembele's individual ability to handle himself under pressure is a major problem, alongside Valverde's tactics.

It seems that more and more fans are "seeing" it.

As predicted.
Considering him being a bad fit, his IQ, bambi personality, professionalism, lazyness, awareness, first touch, horrible passing.

are you stupid, are you?
In the first period, Dembélé and Puig were the only ones to create something.
In the second half, he lacked movement and creativity.

Judoman

I wonder if psychiatrists diagnosed this trend that s so frequent on Barca forums.

This psychotic desire to repeat same opinion with same "argument-s" over and over again on a daily or even hourly basis. There are ppl here who made a whole forum posting career around it.

It s actually fascinating, although i don t understand what psychological need does this thing address. Insecurity perhaps? Low self esteem?

Tekkers

I wonder if psychiatrists diagnosed this trend that s so frequent on Barca forums.

This psychotic desire to repeat same opinion with same "argument-s" over and over again on a daily or even hourly basis. There are ppl here who made a whole forum posting career around it.

It s actually fascinating, although i don t understand what psychological need does this thing address. Insecurity perhaps? Low self esteem?

it's definitely that. you can tell by his excessive swearing and borderline homoerotic obsession with dembele that there's some degree of insecurity that the Laplacian user is dealing. if venting in dembele's thread everyday for these past few months helps him deal with his inner crisis then i'm all for it. just can't help but feel bad for him

Laplacian

I wonder what psychological need does being a fanboy address? You literally fanboy over this player when he's done nothing for this club, and attack others when they shit on him. It's okay to shit on Rakitic, Valverde, busquets, suarez...

But Dembele? Oh no, you must be an insecure psychotic low self-esteem dude! Not Valverde though, it's normal to call him a piece of shit.

Also, personal insults! But when the person you're insulting responds with the same hostility? He's in the wrong! Potroh's completely normal for constantly insulting me, but I'm the weird one for responding to his hostility with my own!

This forum's absolutely hilarious. "My behavior" is literally what you condone and practice when it's directed at other players and staff members, it's only when it's your precious player that your fanboy cultism acts up in self-righteousness.

Stick to the football and stop projecting your insecurity on others.

Bulgroz

I wonder what psychological need does being a fanboy address? You literally fanboy over this player when he's done nothing for this club, and attack others when they shit on him. It's okay to shit on Rakitic, Valverde, busquets, suarez...

But Dembele? Oh no, you must be an insecure psychotic low self-esteem dude! Not Valverde though, it's normal to call him a piece of shit.

Also, personal insults! But when the person you're insulting responds with the same hostility? He's in the wrong! Potroh's completely normal for constantly insulting me, but I'm the weird one for responding to his hostility with my own!

This forum's absolutely hilarious. "My behavior" is literally what you condone and practice when it's directed at other players and staff members, it's only when it's your precious player that your fanboy cultism acts up.

Stick to the football, and stop projecting your insecurity on others.

Potroh's not insulting you. He's schooling you. You're right about the "constantly" though.

Potroh

As predicted.

Yes Mr.Oracle!
By the way "IQ, professionalism, awareness, first touch" etc. you have said at least 100 times with the same words, same context.
Tell me WHY you need to repeat that almost DAILY???
Did you consider to open a YouTube channel where you could say and spread the very same words daily?

Do you have inarticulacy problems, so you have to form the same words in front of the mirror?

Devils

I still think your massive Dembele fanboyism is trolling but I'll bite. I agree with that tactically the team has struggled with pressing sides. However the issue of pressing isn't one or the other, but a collection of issues. There are the team's tactical faults, but there also individual faults like Rakitic's passing under pressure against Liverpool. A team's ability to resist press is reliant on a coach's ability to set them up tactically, but it's also dependent on the collective individual ability of the squad. If your midfield is aging, slowing down, and some key players struggle with finding space and decision making - then quite obviously your press resistance will be shaky regardless of your coach's ability.

It's disingenuous to say Frenkie De Jong's quality under pressure is the same as Dembele's, it isn't and that's the point: Dembele's individual ability to handle himself under pressure is a major problem, alongside Valverde's tactics.

That would be all sunshine and rainbows if the manager didn't have any other options.

It's EV who is choosing to play Busi, Rakitic, Pique, Alba, Roberto 40-50 games every season. Despite the majority of players being over 30+ years old.

4 years ago we had the ability to play counters when opposition was pressing us.

[youtube]6xfT3eM9jWs[/youtube]

we don't 'have' these options anymore under EV.

This is what players like Malcom and Dembele could help us with. Especially Dembele who excelled at this type of football at Dortmund under Tuchel.

Dembele isn't a good as Neymar was back then but there aren't many other young players in the world who have shown more than Dembouz's ability to play at that level of attack, the only one I can think of his Sterling, who ironically was criticized in the same way Dembele is now before Pep came around and turned him into a top 3 winger on the planet.

Last edited:

Tekkers

if you need someone to talk to dont be afraid to pm me. whatever it is in your personal life that's caused you to post in this thread everyday for months on end is obviously troubling you and i'd have no problem helping you laplacian.

just don't be insulted when observers notice your foul language and gauge that you might be a little "off", if you know what i mean? (no offense, btw)

Laplacian

Potroh's not insulting you. He's schooling you. You're right about the "constantly" though.

Oh right, I completely forgot that "schooling me" involves outright calling me stupid (or other variations) in multiple replies. sO inFoRmAtIVE. TeLL ME MoRe, EnLIGhTEnEd FooTbAlL SchOlAR.

Potroh

I wonder what psychological need does being a fanboy address? You literally fanboy over this player when he's done nothing for this club, and attack others when they shit on him.

Okay, then I'm a "fanboy" - sounds crazy but I take it - just because I see some TALENT in a footballer. Fine.

Perhaps I might be "an insecure psychotic low self-esteem dude" okay but that is less close to even the "fanboy" (if I recall well, last time I was enthusiastic about a player was in 1982, but never mind).
I will consult my psychologist for your sake (my wife is one of those, so I don't need to travel too far)... Anyway she has asked couple of times why I read and write in this forum, where besides very knowledgeable guys, there are also the ones like you, frankly I could not tell her something very appropriate... I told her: it's about football which is and used to be my entire life, so better to talk about that than asking my ex teammates about their sciatica problems and rapidly decreasing vision...
But she has some truth so perhaps I'll keep silent for a while.

Just one question my ever nervous pal: did you actually WATCH this unimportant pre-season game?
Or you just heard Dembele was playing a half, so it just gave an opportunity to repeat your pre-prepared dull sentences?

Laplacian

Let's see how the emissary of French talents that can't control a ball and the PoteNtIaL TaLEnT DocTOR will blame Valverde for this performance.

[youtube]38ZyV6ADPr0[/youtube]

I am allowed to post videos right, or is that too RepEtiTiVEE?

Home of Barca Fans