Matthijs de Ligt

LABarcaFan

This is the "other player" section. So it's fine.
Just don't need the bitterness on here.

Let him do his thing. We do our thing. Looking forward to see him play on a higher level.

As a Barca fan, I can tell you Matthijs took the right decision. It is no secret that De Ligt and De Jong are very close friends. Originaly he wanted to join De Jong in Barcelona. But his agent, Mino Raiola made him to change his mind for good. Both, De Jigt and Pique are right footed cente backs. Till Valverde is the coach, there is no way he will bench Gerard and make the Dutchman a starter. So Matthijs made the right decision by signing with Juve.

Arizona Scott

I am not bitter at all.

I think for him Juv was a safer career move and perfectly understandable. He also is only having to go up one level in day in and day out competition vs the different animals of the EPL or La Liga.

I think he will be a good player, relatively low risk though Juv is sure paying A LOT.

But for Barca I am far happier with the FDJ and AG moves than if we didn't get one to make the wage/fee for MDL.

And no I don't see him as a Ramos talent, and next to VVD it was very obvious who was by far the superior player. Now VVD does this to a lot of good, solid, CBs paired with him, but it was still there for all to see.

Campos

I am not bitter at all.

I think for him Juv was a safer career move and perfectly understandable. He also is only having to go up one level in day in and day out competition vs the different animals of the EPL or La Liga.

I think he will be a good player, relatively low risk though Juv is sure paying A LOT.

But for Barca I am far happier with the FDJ and AG moves than if we didn't get one to make the wage/fee for MDL.

And no I don't see him as a Ramos talent, and next to VVD it was very obvious who was by far the superior player. Now VVD does this to a lot of good, solid, CBs paired with him, but it was still there for all to see.

I'm not agreeing with this.

I think Barca was a more safer career move. Ajax and Barca play the same way. He would adapt right away. Barca would feel like home instantly
But he chose the harder path.
At Juve he's outside of his comfort zone. With Juve he will play another system. Which wil (in the end) only make him a more complete defender. Juve never pay that much for players. So they will kill him after a few mistakes.

But he likes the pressure. The pressure makes him play better.

I see a young Ramos in him. They both make cheap mistakes sometimes. But at the same time, they are the most important players on the pitch and natural leaders.
But i don't want to compare De Ligt with other players. De Ligt is by far the best defender under 21. Even the best defenders weren't this good at this age.

Ramos was playing right back at 19. And wasn't this good either. But this means nothing. Maybe this is his peak and it's all downhill from here. (who knows) The future will tell how good De Ligt will be.

P.S. i don't see him playing for Juve too long. Don't know if he will ever play for Barca. But if he keeps progressing like this. There will be enough clubs willing to pay the release clause fee. 150m is nothing for Man United, City or Real.

Last edited:

cro-man

De Ligt “I still have a Juventus shirt from when I was seven years old. I believe that arriving in Turin will make me a more complete defender. As soon as I told him [Raiola] of my intention to go to Juventus, he started working on it. Money isn’t a factor for me, everyone who knows me knows that.”

https://www.ad.nl/buitenlands-voetbal/geld-heeft-geen-rol-gespeeld-in-mijn-keuze~afaef604/

Juve would never pay those huge wages for a 19 years old defender if he was only focused on going there. Juve had to fight for him and did offer him the best package of money. What kind of bullshit talking from this kid. Everyone knows why he chosed them.

He is 19 years old so what should you expect from a kid controlled by an italian crocodile....

Last edited:

Raki13

De Ligt “I still have a Juventus shirt from when I was seven years old. I believe that arriving in Turin will make me a more complete defender. As soon as I told him [Raiola] of my intention to go to Juventus, he started working on it. Money isn’t a factor for me, everyone who knows me knows that.”

https://www.ad.nl/buitenlands-voetbal/geld-heeft-geen-rol-gespeeld-in-mijn-keuze~afaef604/

Fortunately most of us are not thick enough to believe any of this nonsense.

Why some of our fans have to be so butthurt. People here are comparing De Ligt with Todibo (who?), i hope that Todibo emerges to be one of the best though.
For those who say that he is slow, please ask Mbappe lol.

Campos

Barcelona offered 5m, Juventus offered 16m, just admit it's the money, why does everyone have to be so fake.

He will earn 7,5m without bonuses. 12m with bonuses.

I'm not quote sure, but i think Barca offered 7-8 mil.

But let's be honest. Barca fan or not. It's normal to look up to Italian defenders as a little kid. There was an old classmate on reddit. Who verified he was a Juve fan back then. He made a screenshot of his yearbook as prove. I might be the only one here. But i truly believe he didn't chose for the money.
7-8 mil or 12 mil. As an 19 years old kid, it won't make that much of a difference.

I'm not a millionaire. So i can't look into the mind of a young millionaire. But will 4 mil more or less, make you a happier person ? Money can buy short term happiness. But in the long run it doesn't really matter. He's only 19. If he was 32 oke... then I would understand. But the dude is just a kid.

And let's not forget this.
Juve REALLY REALLY wanted him. Barca also wanted him. But he was not priority number 1.
You can feel that as a player. Every one likes to feel wanted. Maybe Barca didn't show it enough.

Last edited:

Sorin

Seria A/Italian defenders have become so overrated ffs. Since the days of Nesta and Cannavaro the only CB who has approached that tier is Chielini and he still falls short. Puyol and Pique have been just as good, maybe even better than him. These days the likes of Kjier, Manolas, de Vrij, Raul Albiol etc. are the norm.

Not to mention that lately, Seria A has become way more attacking and their teams concede way more goals than in the era of the match where scoring more than 2 goals would have been the highest scoring game of the season.

Juventus have shat on a weak league for almost 10 years now, man what a great challenge for the highly "competitive" De Ligt.

Anyway he'll be a great defender but the fact that he has the fat rat as an agent makes me glad that he didn't chose us in the end. I also hope that we won't go for him in the future. He has an astronomical release clause and no defender is worth that much for us.

He will earn 7,5m without bonuses. 12m with bonuses.

I'm not quote sure, but i think Barca offered 7-8 mil.

But let's be honest. Barca fan or not. It's normal to look up to Italian defenders as a little kid. There was an old classmate on reddit. Who verified he was a Juve fan back then. He made a screenshot of his yearbook as prove. I might be the only one here. But i truly believe he didn't chose for the money.
7-8 mil or 12 mil. As an 19 years old kid, it won't make that much of a difference.

I'm not a millionaire. So i can't look into the mind of a young millionaire. But will 4 mil more or less, make you a happier person ? Money can buy short term happiness. But in the long run it doesn't really matter. He's only 19. If he was 32 oke... then I would understand. But the dude is just a kid.

And let's not forget this.
Juve REALLY REALLY wanted him. Barca also wanted him. But he was not priority number 1.
You can feel that as a player. Every one likes to feel wanted. Maybe Barca didn't show it enough.

You really think a 19 year old would be unaffected by earning an extra 4m a year? LMAO bro I get you like the guy but this is ridiculous bias. Made me chuckle though.

Campos

You really think a 19 year old would be unaffected by earning an extra 4m a year? LMAO bro I get you like the guy but this is ridiculous bias. Made me chuckle though.

I'm just saying i don't believe money is the "main" reason why he chose Juve.

There are many reason which led to this decision
But i think Juve wanted him a little more (and they also showed it). Barca is just to busy with getting Neymar and Griezmann. Which i think is stupid.

De Ligt + Neymar or Griezman would be perfect for this team. Neymar + Griezmann is a little to overkill. And it will not guarantee you any CL titles.

We can keep talking about the money aspect. But i honestly think Barca just didn't show it enough.

In this type of situations you need to show players how much you want them. How important they can and will be.

But the only thing Barto did was trolling us.
They want to go all out for Neymar. They want to pay 120mil for an 28 years old player. But they don't want to pay the fat prick the extra 12 mil ?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans