Matthijs de Ligt

khaled_a_d

Yes Juventus is known for bottling cl finals hard to deny that , but atleast they are getting there. Meanwhile FC Banterlona got slapped in 4 QF's and got embrassed in 2 Semi-finals the last 7 years.

They aren't getting there till now. During past 14 years they have reached a further round than Barca only once (2017)

CatalinR10

As if Liverpool would just gladly offer you VVD.

He has just signed for them, has been the best player of the league, is the biggest transfer for a CB.

Also, FC Barcelona has signed an agreement with Liverpool when they bought Coutinho. You have to pay a bonus of 120 M if you want to buy one of their players. Which means you would have to pay 120 +120 (Griezmann) + 70 (de Ligt) for VVD.

that agreement was for 2 years

Tekkers

I'm so glad that we stood our ground and didn't bend over to him and his agent. He was the perfect Pique replacement, and I wanted him really bad but not at the expense of breaking our wage structure and paying the greedy fat rat 20% of the operation.

will the club stand their ground and no longer get bullied by the likes of rakitic?

Zidane82

As if Liverpool would just gladly offer you VVD.

He has just signed for them, has been the best player of the league, is the biggest transfer for a CB.

Also, FC Barcelona has signed an agreement with Liverpool when they bought Coutinho. You have to pay a bonus of 120 M if you want to buy one of their players. Which means you would have to pay 120 +120 (Griezmann) + 70 (de Ligt) for VVD.

They apparently want Coutinho back so that’s a start .. add the money for De Ligt and anything raised from the outgoing players and we’re talking serious money already

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I won't blame Messi for not contacting De Ligt because that's not his job.

But I will blame him for pushing to get Neymar back (and I'm 100% sure he's doing that) because that's also not his job.

Maybe we should just get rid of Bartomeu, sack Valverde and make Messi a player-manager-president so people would actually hold him responsible for wanting to have his friends around.

Don't think Messi is too bothered with Neymar future. But who knows.

I do agree about holding Messi accountable. Things are set up to accommodate him. Bartomeu, Valverde, team, everyone is there to please him and I suspect they do it even more than Messi would ask.

EdmondDantes

Fat fuck Raiola always wanted him to join a stepping stone club for 3 years before he whores de Ligt out to either us or Real. Double fat commission for his fat gut.

Andrew M

They apparently want Coutinho back so that’s a start .. add the money for De Ligt and anything raised from the outgoing players and we’re talking serious money already

We're not going to be buying any Liverpool players for a long time after the Coutinho fiasco. Furthermore, signing a CB is not a priority. de Ligt was a market opportunity, that's all.

Porque

Fat fuck Raiola always wanted him to join a stepping stone club for 3 years before he whores de Ligt out to either us or Real. Double fat commission for his fat gut.

Raiola can also be in Turin shopping the best deal with Pogba who is also his client. This saga isn't over yet.

Personally we should be speaking to Todibo's agent about Konate, just in case we don't end up with de Ligt. As I said, plenty of great CBs coming through. Maybe not at de Liggts level, but good enough to compete at the highest level.

Arizona Scott

Personally we should be speaking to Todibo's agent about Konate, just in case we don't end up with de Ligt. As I said, plenty of great CBs coming through. Maybe not at de Liggts level, but good enough to compete at the highest level.

I agree. Bundesliga has a few young top prospects, some with pace to burn that MDL just doesn't have. I like Sanchez too but as well but I think Spurs would want MDL type fee--he has many years on his contract. And we an always see if Umtiti can get back to 90% or if Todibo or a Bara B player becomes solid. I see no pressure here--lots of windows to move for players and time to see if we have what we need in house already.

Last edited:

Obiaseti

I don't mind breaking the bank for a young attacking/midfield player, but not for a defender. It's smart to stand firm on our offer provided the board put to good use the money saved from not getting him.

VN10

Where are those guys with sources confirming he will join Barca?

What makes you think I'd want to spend energy on all the nonsense on this forum?

Barcatimes, rofl. It's a copy paste 'news outlet' or rather 2 fanboys behind a computer without any source.
Nor do they have any idea about football or the business behind it. That much is clear from their 'news'.

I still am confident that he will join Barca.

Edit: read back the last few pages if you want to have a good laugh.

Last edited:

Newcomer

[tw]1142722676328472576[/tw]

An interview from Raiola some years ago where he explains he will negociate several contracts for his clients for them to have the choice and to get more money for them and himself.

It is exactly what we have seen so far. De Ligt is still the one having the last talk in the end.

Campos

[tw]1142722676328472576[/tw]

An interview from Raiola some years ago where he explains he will negociate several contracts for his clients for them to have the choice and to get more money for them and himself.

It is exactly what we have seen so far. De Ligt is still the one having the last talk in the end.

Football players love him. Soms football fans hate him.
If he wasn't De Ligt's agent. He would have signed for Barca. No doubt about that.

But he's just doing his work. Can't hate him for that.

Maybe i need to switch career. And be a football agent myself. I'm much cheaper than this dude. :lol:

Arizona Scott

The other thing he does brilliantly is gets the media attention to his outlandishness and away from the client player. Thus we all blame and hate him, and less so his clients. He wears this like a badge on the way to the bank.

Home of Barca Fans