André Gomes

Saladin

They already got 10 mil for James fromp Bayern and are about to get potentially 50 from Napoli while at the same time they got a few years of good football out him while losing just 20 percent of their investment. While Barca is about to lose almost 50 percent of what they paid for Gomes. You cant just say both teams just lost 20 mil , thats not how it works. At worst it was a meh deal but it wasnt a lowball. Getting lowballed is whats happening now with Jasper and Gomes or what happened with Rafinha (which Barca luckily rejected).

Average players in for 25 mil in this market isnt fine , especially when it comes to these English clubs who throw away money for shitty players.

The reason why I mentioned Higuain/Ozil/Di Maria was because you are making it sound like Real and Barcelona both have the same amount of shitty deals (when its absolutely not the case) when it comes to selling players so my argument is in context just fine.

And his the starter for the Dutch national team. 15 mil for Jasper is a good deal if were we back in 2014.

James is like ninety-two times the player Gomes is.

khaled_a_d

-They already got 10 mil for James fromp Bayern and are about to get potentially 50 from Napoli while at the same time they got a few years of good football out him while losing just 20 percent of their investment. While Barca is about to lose almost 50 percent of what they paid for Gomes. You cant just say both teams just lost 20 mil , thats not how it works. At worst it was a meh deal but it wasnt a lowball. Getting lowballed is whats happening now with Jasper and Gomes or what happened with Rafinha (which Barca luckily rejected).

-Average players in for 25 mil in this market isnt fine , especially when it comes to these English clubs who throw away money for shitty players.

-The reason why I mentioned Higuain/Ozil/Di Maria was because you are making it sound like Real and Barcelona both have the same amount of shitty deals (when its absolutely not the case) when it comes to selling players so my argument is in context just fine.

-And his the starter for the Dutch national team. 15 mil for Jasper is a good deal if were we back in 2014.

-Again, James cost over 70M, was good but failed to secure his place to be more than rotation player, left at the age of 26 when he was at his prime. Loaned for 2 year, and they still didn't sell him for 50M. and even then it is a loss for them for a star player. It is a bad deal when selling.
-Gomes is a player who cost us 37M (35M fee, 1M add on for winning Liga, 1M for 2 times reaching CL QF) , we loaned him for 2M so we lost 10M exactly. Except we actually don't lose money on sale, we lose it on paying wrong fee.
-This is something that both me and BBZ have been trying to explain to you, when you sell a player worth 20M at most like Gomes you made a profit of the sale, the fact it doesn't cover the huge loss in purchasing him doesn't make it a bad sale but a bad purchase.
-And no, 25M isn't bad deal for EPL club for average player at the age of 26 when he has flopped for 2 years and had one average season after it.

-You bring wrong examples then, and I didn't say we are comparable, I am explaining the reason for it.
RM don't put guns on buyers to make them pay more. They just do business well from the star.t Neither Barca or RM or any other club can dictate price for a flop. If they are lucky and some team is foolish to pay huge sum either club will be glad to take his money. That is usually for a young player that didn't flop their for long.
But RM don't wait too much until player lose value, they don't wait "until we see him with another coach" like Barca. They didn't waste huge sums as Barca on flopps and when they do they struggle just like us.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
-Again, James cost over 70M, was good but failed to secure his place to be more than rotation player, left at the age of 26 when he was at his prime. Loaned for 2 year, and they still didn't sell him for 50M. and even then it is a loss for them for a star player. It is a bad deal when selling.
-Gomes is a player who cost us 37M (35M fee, 1M add on for winning Liga, 1M for 2 times reaching CL QF) , we loaned him for 2M so we lost 10M exactly. Except we actually don't lose money on sale, we lose it on paying wrong fee.
-This is something that both me and BBZ have been trying to explain to you, when you sell a player worth 20M at most like Gomes you made a profit of the sale, the fact it doesn't cover the huge loss in purchasing him doesn't make it a bad sale but a bad purchase.
-And no, 25M isn't bad deal for EPL club for average player at the age of 26 when he has flopped for 2 years and had one average season after it.

-You bring wrong examples then, and I didn't say we are comparable, I am explaining the reason for it.
RM don't put guns on buyers to make them pay more. They just do business well from the star.t Neither Barca or RM or any other club can dictate price for a flop. If they are lucky and some team is foolish to pay huge sum either club will be glad to take his money. That is usually for a young player that didn't flop their for long.
But RM don't wait too much until player lose value, they don't wait "until we see him with another coach" like Barca. They didn't waste huge sums as Barca on flopps and when they do they struggle just like us.

-James was a rotational and they stil got for him 10 mil in these 2 years while they offloaded his salary and are about to almost breakeven with this Napoli sale potentially.

-Guess we will just have to agree to disagree on the Gomes Part.

-Again reason why I brought those 3 examples especially Di Maria and Ozil because in that same timeframe while they got 120 mil for those players , Barca got 75 for Cesc and Sanchez. and you cant bullshit your way in this scenario that Barca waited too long or Barca payed too much. both these cases where starters and had a pretty good season just after they left.

-Let's just agree to disagree on the Jasper part , because I dont think we will ever agree on that part.

While I agree that Barca overpay in alot of instances and therefore have trouble recoupe their losses , it's just ONE of the scenarios where they ultimately get fucked in the market.

Adversus

Gomes was good for Everton. His stats weren't great but that didn't tell the whole story. He allowed us to dominate the midfield (along with Gueye) of a lot of the so called top teams with his ability to hold the ball in tight spaces and play through the press.

Happy to have him back.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
The elevation of Gomes as a ‘top player’ is an interesting study in the psychology of some Everton fans. Gomes made a very decent fist of things last season, especially the autumn months. A grateful fanbase will then overhype his contribution in lieu of anybody else to laud and celebrate. Gomes was a decent midtable midfield general - nothing more. Yet he represented something to cling to and hold up as a positive in a sea of mediocrity.

Can only assume Gomes is hoping to do one more full season there before a bigger club like United or Chelsea come in for him.

He may not have been first choice at Barca, but to go from training and playing with Messi, Suarez, Busquets, Coutinho etc and getting a few run outs at the Nou Camp to sharing a dressing room with Dominic Calvert Lewin, Cenk Tosun, Idrissa Gueye and Theo Walcott and playing at a dilapidated wooden stadium is some come-down for the guy.
[SUB][SUP]<strike>
</strike>[/SUP][/SUB]

Arizona Scott

The elevation of Gomes as a ‘top player’ is an interesting study in the psychology of some Everton fans. Gomes made a very decent fist of things last season, especially the autumn months. A grateful fanbase will then overhype his contribution in lieu of anybody else to laud and celebrate. Gomes was a decent midtable midfield general - nothing more. Yet he represented something to cling to and hold up as a positive in a sea of mediocrity.

Can only assume Gomes is hoping to do one more full season there before a bigger club like United or Chelsea come in for him.

He may not have been first choice at Barca, but to go from training and playing with Messi, Suarez, Busquets, Coutinho etc and getting a few run outs at the Nou Camp to sharing a dressing room with Dominic Calvert Lewin, Cenk Tosun, Idrissa Gueye and Theo Walcott and playing at a dilapidated wooden stadium is some come-down for the guy.
[SUB][SUP]<strike>
</strike>[/SUP][/SUB]

Weird could hardly read that font. But on the flip said do you think Chelsea (or particularly United) fans are more or less unconditionally supportive and forgiving? Maybe Everton is perfect for him. Outside of mistakes vs Liverpool (and even then they got over that goal keeper's howler) their fans won't get too worked up and maybe that is what the lad will play better and be happier with.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Weird could hardly read that font. But on the flip said do you think Chelsea (or particularly United) fans are more or less unconditionally supportive and forgiving? Maybe Everton is perfect for him. Outside of mistakes vs Liverpool (and even then they got over that goal keeper's howler) their fans won't get too worked up and maybe that is what the lad will play better and be happier with.

Was using my mobile so perhaps that's why the font looked a bit iffy.

I don't think you know much the everton fanbase! Supporting isn't an adjective I'd use!

Adversus

[SUB][SUP]<strike>
</strike>[/SUP][/SUB]

Still bitter the draw against us cost you the title?

abbbs97

Now official. Gomes to Everton for 25m + variables.
We should've gotten a lot more for him but our board is stupid as fuck so no surprises there.

abbbs97

I dont agree. Good price.

Cilessen is a fucked up deal, not this one.

oh the Ciliessen deal has to be one of the worst deals in this club's recent history. You're right, in comparison, this deal looks great.
I just think we could've gotten at least 10m more. But, its better than a swap deal like the Cillessen deal for sure.

Home of Barca Fans