Matthijs de Ligt

M

Medz

Bartomeu won't accept to lose out on him.

De Ligt se queda en Barcelona.

Which makes me think this recent PSG links are the last thing Raiola has resorted to in order to make Bartomeu pay whatever, considering how much he doesnt want to let El Khelaifi get any win over him

Im so over de Ligt at this point. Even if he came Id give zero fucks.

Like Cruyff said "if you're hesitant about coming to Barça, we dont need you"

Sorin

We already have enough problems with our wage structure as it is. Giving in into his demands fucks us up even more and for a position that is not crucial for us at this moment. Stick with the offer and if he decides that he'd rather chose PSG's offer then that's life.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Ding, ding ding !

De Jong 2.0, anybody ?

All according to plan as predicted.

Well, i don't see why PSG fan would have any problem with that. Barça had to cough up 10 + 6 to get de Jong. For PSG, it is a win win. Either Barça coughs up the cash, either the player comes to PSG.

Of course, the better would be the latter outcome. Once the player has a contract, it doesn't matter if he wants to go to Barça afterwards. He will serve his years unless PSG want to sell. And during those years, PSG will get (hopefully) a quality player and maybe a profit like Chelsea did with Hazard.

In the end, i see what de Jong was really talking about when he said "de Ligt knows what he has to do". He is just following the steps of his buddy and is receiving so much hatred from Barça fanbase.

If we have a player flirting with us not because he really wants to join us, rather it is because he wants to use us to get a higher offer somewhere, I'd be very pissed. But once again, what do I know. PSG fans are a different breed.

You are trying to protect that delicate heart of yours, not wanting to get hurt again so you refuse to believe anything until he is made official by PSG.

tenor.gif

xXKonan

We would need to sell some players in order to tame our bloated wage bill. Cat Radio etc talked about how the Club needing to make over 60 Million in sales by the end of June in order to balance the books and wanting to make at least over 300 Million in sales to help finance some of these signings.

Which I find kinda funny with these rumors that Valverde will tell the board not to sell Rakitic who is old and on higher wages himself just like a number of dudes in this team. Yet he wants De Ligt yet I don't think we can straight up afford to give him 10 Million right now.

If we didn't have such a messed up wage structure this really wouldn't be that big of a problem but we do and yeah....

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We would need to sell some players in order to tame our bloated wage bill. Cat Radio etc talked about how the Club needing to make over 60 Million in sales by the end of June in order to balance the books and wanting to make at least over 300 Million in sales to help finance some of these signings.

Which I find kinda funny with these rumors that Valverde will tell the board not to sell Rakitic who is old and on higher wages himself just like a number of dudes in this team. Yet he wants De Ligt yet I don't think we can straight up afford to give him 10 Million right now.

If we didn't have such a messed up wage structure this really wouldn't be that big of a problem but we do and yeah....

300m? What are they smoking? We would be extremely lucky if we can salvage 100m this summer from player sales. 300m? hahahahaha, the Catalan media is so damn out of touch.

I kind of doubt the rumored figures, eg 10m promised by PSG and 7.5m offered by us. Didn't they say last week that PSG's offer doubled ours and we offered De Ligt what we offered to De Jong? If we believe the reported wage figure circulated for De Jong (10+6m gross), then I don't think we are offering De Ligt much less than that and PSG's offer would be much more than 10m a year.

Newcomer

If we have a player flirting with us not because he really wants to join us, rather it is because he wants to use us to get a higher offer somewhere, I'd be very pissed. But once again, what do I know. PSG fans are a different breed.

You are trying to protect that delicate heart of yours, not wanting to get hurt again so you refuse to believe anything until he is made official by PSG.

tenor.gif

Nope.

It is just that there is always that narrative around PSG players after all. So we are kinda used to it.

Thiago Silva was supposed not to leave Milan because he loved the club => end up at PSG, reject Barça some years later and has spent a lot of year at PSG
Marquinhos => wanted by Barcelona, keeps renewing at PSG (6 years already at the club) and his brother is even crazier than the ultras or other PSG die hard fans
Verratti => already 8/9 years at PSG
Ibrahimovic => did all his great years at PSG before leaving for MU
Cavani => the Napoli idol is now the PSG idol, don't want to leave (even if some would want him to)
Neymar wasn't even at PSG that there were theories he was using PSG to go to Real Madrid the following year. Turns out he did do a second year at PSG.
Etc.
Etc.

So, we are kinda cool with it. We know that it will always be "evil PSG seduced innocent player with fuck you money and turned him away from pure < insert a club that is liked by people > with much more history, and ended up wasting his career".
We know how modern players are and there is no illusion or delusion about the fact that money and playing time are the first factors nowadays.

Last edited:

Newcomer

300m? What are they smoking? We would be extremely lucky if we can salvage 100m this summer from player sales. 300m? hahahahaha, the Catalan media is so damn out of touch.

I kind of doubt the rumored figures, eg 10m promised by PSG and 7.5m offered by us. Didn't they say last week that PSG's offer doubled ours and we offered De Ligt what we offered to De Jong? If we believe the reported wage figure circulated for De Jong (10+6m gross), then I don't think we are offering De Ligt much less than that and PSG's offer would be much more than 10m a year.
Some reliable people from Paris are saying it is 10 M net + 5 bonus.

[tw]1138568071420010496[/tw]

20 M fee for Raiola.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Some reliable people from Paris are saying it is 10 M net + 5 bonus.

[tw]1138568071420010496[/tw]

20 M fee for Raiola.

10m net plus 5m bonus? Wow, that is crazy. Considering the income tax bracket for top earners in France is at 45%, PSG is offering De Ligt almost 19m gross plus bonus, no wonder it doubled ours. Yeah, we can't and won't pay that kind of money. There is no way we will match that.

Congratulations. He is yours. All but announced at this point.

Messigician

For a 19 year old? Football has gone mad. We need to have principles here and not join the circus.

Plenty of great centre backs around but not that many generational midfielders like De Jong.

Tackle

10m net plus 5m bonus? Wow, that is crazy. Considering the income tax bracket for top earners in France is at 45%, PSG is offering De Ligt almost 19m gross plus bonus, no wonder it doubled ours. Yeah, we can't and won't pay that kind of money. There is no way we will match that.

Congratulations. He is yours. All but announced at this point.

It's not that outrageous. The income tax in Spain is very similar to that of France and Frenkie is on 10m net + 6m in possible bonuses as well.

He is not asking for anything more than De Jong's salary so let's not go around shaming PSG for offering that much and De Ligt for being enticed by it.

According to Football Leaks Dembele is on 12m net + 8m in possible bonuses. That was two years ago as well so this high range of wages for the top young talents in world football shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. De Ligt is considered a generational CB talent and Raiola is perfectly within his rights to be asking for as much as he is.

Mate you sound so extremely shocked by these figures like the wages PSG are offering to De Ligt is something groundbreaking. It simply isn't and if we were in more dire need of another CB and our wage bill wasn't so inflated already we would've caved into to his demands just like we did with De Jong.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's not that outrageous. The income tax in Spain is very similar to that of France and Frenkie is on 10m net + 6m in possible bonuses as well.

He is not asking for anything more than De Jong's salary so let's not go around shaming PSG for offering that much and De Ligt for being enticed by it.

According to Football Leaks Dembele is on 12m net + 8m in possible bonuses. That was two years ago as well so this high range of wages for the top young talents in world football shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. De Ligt is considered a generational CB talent and Raiola is perfectly within his rights to be asking for as much as he is.

Mate you sound so extremely shocked by these figures like the wages PSG are offering to De Ligt is something groundbreaking. It simply isn't and if we were in more dire need of another CB we would've caved into to his demands just like we did with De Ligt.

Where did this 10+6m figure and it is net for De Jong come from? According to the wage figures that I have seen from sillyseason.com and I think those numbers are quite believable, Busquets is making about 19m gross and Pique is at 17.5m gross, and now De Jong is going to make 19m gross? I refuse to believe it.

Plus, Catalan media claimed that we offered the same terms we gave to De Jong to De Ligt and he balked at it. If De Jong is at 10m net, that is essentially the same offer PSG gave to De Ligt. So we offered De Ligt 19m gross too? So where does the disconnect come from?

How much does football leaks say Busquets and Pique makes a year net?

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

Marcus Rashford? I can't seriously think we were interested but the more MU has to pay they more they can't compete for players we might really want. I get it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Marcus Rashford? I can't seriously think we were interested but the more MU has to pay they more they can't compete for players we might really want. I get it.

Did he really flirt with us? Did he use us to get more money from ManU? I think it was more of our wishful thinking, not even that, just some silly rumor linking him to us.

Arizona Scott

FYI Coutinho, Busi and Vidal are higher wages than Rakitic, if we are really looking to dent wages. Demeble, Suarez, Pique and of course messi higher too.

Home of Barca Fans