Ernesto Valverde - V1

FCBfan22

More and more I think the solution to our current mess is to sack Valverde AND sell 2-3 "key" senior players. Valverde is shite and the second part needs to be done to send the message to the dressing room. Noone is safe here. Kick your complacement or you'll be gone.

Sell Rakitić, sell Suarez and bench Busquets and Pique and you'll destroy the mindset.

Sorin

Messi: The manager is not at fault, we are to blame for the losses.
Pique: The manager is not at fault, we are to blame for the losses.
Suarez: The manager is not at fault, we are to blame for the losses.
Rakitic: The manager is not at fault, we are to blame for the losses.

Etc.

Ok, fair enough. So how about some of you step down since clearly, the manager is the best and it's only your fault? Not the first, last year too.

Cheap talk with no substance. Bunch of weak willed, entitled pricks.

xXKonan

These guys sing his praises and don't blame him for the loss now.

But if he somehow ends up benching one of the sacred cows they will quickly change their tune. These guys look out for their own interests and once that is affected they will be no longer Valverde's allies.

Alba went from being a Lucho supporter to Lucho being his enemy once he got benched for a few games. Rakitic and his entourage started leaking crap to Sport and MD when he rode the bench a bit in Lucho's last season.

This crap is predictable really.

jamrock

We just need to accept we will be managed by a average manager who lacks I imagination and will get exposed at the highest level for 1 more season at least.

Maybe we get super lucky and win the CL some how, but for now between the board the coach and the players, they all think it's perfectly acceptably to go out 2 times in Europe after being up 3 goals, so what can we do.

This is the new Barca.

I miss laporta

snowy

These guys sing his praises and don't blame him for the loss now.

But if he somehow ends up benching one of the sacred cows they will quickly change their tune. These guys look out for their own interests and once that is affected they will be no longer Valverde's allies.

Alba went from being a Lucho supporter to Lucho being his enemy once he got benched for a few games. Rakitic and his entourage started leaking crap to Sport and MD when he rode the bench a bit in Lucho's last season..

His attitude was so cringey when Lucho benched him. I'd have replaced him with Alaba + Lucas Hernández but Bayern is holding on tight to David and they've just signed Lucas from Athletico ..

back to the drawing board \\٩( 'ω' )و ///

xXKonan

His attitude was so cringey when Lucho benched him. I'd have replaced him with Alaba + Lucas Hernández but Bayern is holding on tight to David and they've just signed Lucas from Athletico ..

back to the drawing board \\٩( 'ω' )و ///
Alba does a good job expressing his displeasure out in the open. Rakitic when he's clearly displeased he doesn't show it out in the open but he just has his agents and entourage leak stuff to the press about "Offers and how Rakitic is considering leaving etc" to try and pressure the club/coach.

Once he gets his way he will get an interview claiming that he has no intentions of leaving with a smile. While most fans will shrug it off, the others like myself could easily tell his intentions and his interviews in the last year or so come off as arrogant thinking he's untouchable or so.

snowy

yeah Konnan, that's even more fucked up. I'm telling you guys, we should go full Green Beret mode and give Barca this gladiator appeal.

Some folks think it will repel talents but I think it's the opposite. It will attract the best of the best :cool:

Kinda like a rite of passage.

edit:

This club and team should start from scratch.
Fuck Valverde, Messi, Pique, Busi, Alba, Suarez, Raki, Coutinho, Umtiti.

Da fuck tactic ( -_・) I understand you're hurting, but did you have to include Neo in your bang list???

Last edited:

ini4ever

Messi: The manager is not at fault, we are to blame for the losses.
Pique: The manager is not at fault, we are to blame for the losses.
Suarez: The manager is not at fault, we are to blame for the losses.
Rakitic: The manager is not at fault, we are to blame for the losses.

Etc.

Ok, fair enough. So how about some of you step down since clearly, the manager is the best and it's only your fault? Not the first, last year too.

Cheap talk with no substance. Bunch of weak willed, entitled pricks.

Yeah that's what I don't get. Lets say Board think if players are okay with manager then no action needed, so players think its on themselves but we've been humiliated in CL two years in a row, surely some players should question themselves whether they can perform at top level. But it seems no one wants to leave that's the sad part.

P.s : self-awareness is one thing this squad don't contain. Xavi/Iniesta/Mascherano realized they couldn't perform at top level anymore and they did step down ( Lucho too ), but the current players/manager just want some paycheck I guess.

MTL_Barca

The whole club seems to be in denial about how good they actually are. If the players back Valverde like that, take the blame on themselves while simultaneously thinking they deserve their safe starting spots that either means they care about having it nice and comfortable more than about winning or they really think they are all still best of the best, Valverde is a genius, the season was "magnificent" and these 2 losses were just little accidents and nothing to worry about so let's just forget about it and think about the Copa :)

Nothing will change for another season, hell maybe even until 2021. If that's what Barto and the players want to have it's wasted energy to be mad about it. Just sucks for the fans because it's so boring to watch but "it is what it is". It would need someone new with a vision, and the balls to really shake things up. The opposite of Valverde, like Pep did it when he took over. But i don't think Barto wants this to happen.

Last edited:

Kul_z

This game, as the last game of the season, expecting another shitshow and i hope its the last in a row. In all this denial after liverpool game, although i earned some money still left me wondering and questioning if retardo stays for another season, with de jong coming what could actually change.

1. Is retardo doing his best job with current fuck up of a middlefield. Rakitic is overused, world class but nowhere near the guy who should pull the strings and be 'the best one' as he is using him in our middle trio. Busquets and rakitic together cant coexist, like many of us already know, they should fight for one spot. If its like that, that leaves other two spots for arthur, vidal, alena, coutinho. Alena is simply not good enough, arthur is inconsistent with low stammina, vidal is a reliable one, less tech but lungs and hunger kinda nullify that. Coutinho is too much of a gamble considering our game plan of a patient build up, but only one that can create something.
So, retardo logic is you have six mf players that are hard to mix together to create reliable mf trio. Considering all the flaws of the 4 players above that fight for 2 spots, ev, logical perhaps, gave rakitic and busquets, as the experienced seniors and most 'consistent' players two spots, third spot for in form arthur, but vidal overpowered him with his heart and running, and with dembele out because of injury, tried with coutinho on the wing for more creative firepower.

2.Because of the lack of mobility and creativity in mf, and considering our game plan, is roberto because of that ahead of semedo because he's a middlefielder naturaly, and when we are attacking busquets or rakitic obviously fall back between pique and lenglet so that roberto and alba could go upfront as they're more mobile, faster and 'trickier' to defend against.
So question is, is ev really that bad of a coach or is he trying his best to nullify the flaws of our weakest link of a team that is middlefield? Are we in denial that we have competitive quality mf's for every spot in that department? I think yes and liverpool exposed that, like we all knew even before the nou camp game, which btw only by the pure luck finished without the goal in our net.

So, with de jong coming, who is different then any of them, more mobile and ofcourse faster then any of them, with excellent ball control, is he the puzzle that we are actually missing or would ev play him out of position?

3. Busquets. He became the weakest link. If we play de jong in dm spot, then actually valverde could line up a mf trio with
De jong
?(vidal) coutinho
Or
De jong
Arthur(rakitic) ?(coutinho)

Question marks are because, considering the possible 120m splashing on griezmann, we should instead go for someone like erikssen, pogba, kante, thiago. Depends on the variations and i pray to whoever that thats what players are trying to say with 'no griezmann' appeal.

I could be delusional, but we still have messi in attack, dembele is not that reliable but lets be optimistic that he would be healthy next year, suarez is a liability but he still is capable of banging hattricks against real madrid. I'd rather went to bring back pedro, + one younger promising striker and one quality in prime middlefielder then splash 200m on de ligt and griezmann.

That could leave us with:
Ter stegen(back up goalkeeper)
Semedo(roberto) pique, lenglet(umtiti(30,40m), todibo) alba(we need a left back)
De jong, arthur, alena, coutinho, vidal, rakitic or busquets(sell one, 50m) gomes(20m) and add to that possibility of( erikssen, thiago, pogba, kante)
Messi, suarez, dembele, malcom(30-40m) possible outcome(pedro, piatek, jovic, sane, griezmann(if we dont buy de ligt))

So, optimistic that could be our line up for next season:

Mats
Semedo pique lenglet alba
De jong
Pogba coutinho
Messi suarez dembele

Or

Mats
Semedo pique lenglet alba
De jong
Arthur erikssen
Messi suarez pedro(if dembele injured, we wouldnt suffer watching coutinho on the left wing)

But, lets finish this season, and see next year what should we look like.

Messigician

Rakitic posted on his story "they hate me because they wish they were me." Lmao

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1558789079272.jpg
    FB_IMG_1558789079272.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 20

Home of Barca Fans