CL 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United 4-0 agg.

Devils

D4N0YxAW0Ac-CDg.jpg

FinBarcelonafan

I think we'll play like vs Lyon. On the front foot most of the time, but with some periods where we will suffer a bit. I think it's not a totally bad idea to play on the counter as long as United need more than 1 goal. It's defending slim leads I have a big problem with, because the margins are so damn small that any mistake in defense can ruin our CL campaign.

If we don't have Malcom or Dembele on the side/sides we shouldn't play counter. We are too slow for it.

jairzinho

Valverde: "Manchester United have won three of four away games this season, and we have to be careful. The first leg result is not definitive." Time to park the bus.

:valverde2:

Neymessi

Valverde: "Manchester United have won three of four away games this season, and we have to be careful. The first leg result is not definitive." Time to park the bus.

:valverde2:

Also talked about ET qualities of manu and how they should be cautious and all.

Not feeling too positive about tomorrow. Haven't gone past quarters for so long it is tough to reckon us going past quarters.

serghei

Wouldn't read too much into it. Valverde always says the opponent is dangerous, even when he plays Levante.

Joan

The last time ter Stegen partnered Valverde in the conference was that famous Roma match :lol:

clemente

I know that we are 100% capable of trashing them 5-0 because they are a straight up just bad. But I know we will play this sorry conservative football, hope we get one goal and make sure they don't get two...

jairzinho

Bayern vs Real Madrid 2017/2018
Zidane Pre Match: "We are not going to s**t in our pants, there is no such thing," he said to reporters at his pre-match press conference. "We like to play these games, are emotionally well, and we are prepared to play a great game." "More than thinking about winning the Champions League, we think about playing a good match,"

Winning CL requires a winning mentality. Zidane knows a thing or two about that. You have to set the mood in the dressing room and in the presser. Let everyone know we're not here to fuck around.

serghei

Bayern vs Real Madrid 2017/2018
Zidane Pre Match: "We are not going to s**t in our pants, there is no such thing," he said to reporters at his pre-match press conference. "We like to play these games, are emotionally well, and we are prepared to play a great game." "More than thinking about winning the Champions League, we think about playing a good match,"

Winning CL requires a winning mentality. Zidane knows a thing or two about that. You have to set the mood in the dressing room and in the presser. Let everyone know we're not here to fuck around.

Funny enough, they did shit their pants and if not for a kind referee they would've probably been kicked out by Juve. It is true though that Valverde could express more confidence. But as long as we show it on the field, I don't have a problem with his tame pressers.

Barcilliant

Utd clearly have a fragile mindset and we should be able to take advantage of that. I mean all Ogs does is talk about the Psg win and the spirit of 99.
If we lose this it will be even more of an epic fuck up then Roma. There should be no question of Valverde walking.

We are a strong elite team. We will aim directly to win the game, no matter who the opponent is, with all the respect we have.
Our players are born to be great Champions, they are clearly driven to put everything together to produce an excellent performance. Our fans too will be there in the Camp to support the team. I'm confident. Visca el Barça ! :barcascarf: :barcascarf:

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Utd clearly have a fragile mindset and we should be able to take advantage of that. I mean all Ogs does is talk about the Psg win and the spirit of 99.
If we lose this it will be even more of an epic fuck up then Roma. There should be no question of Valverde walking.

It's true. Valverde loses this one and the season loses its purpose again. He needs the semifinal to survive.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Today is the day Barca qualifies for Champions League semi-final. :)

I am well aware anything beyond this exceeds Valverde's capabilities but it's a good feelinf nonetheless.

raskolnikov

Today is the day Barca qualifies for Champions League semi-final. :)

I am well aware anything beyond this exceeds Valverde's capabilities but it's a good feelinf nonetheless.
After Roma im not saying anything like this anymore.
Just that its most likely at this point.

Home of Barca Fans