Ernesto Valverde - V1

KingLeo10

Messi stopped playing RW in 2015. This myth is still ongoing? We perform best with Messi in his drifting role, Suarez as a left forward and Dembouz on the right with Semedo behind him. But Valgreen won't ever use that, because that might actually win us big CL games.

Messigician

Messi plays in the middle 80% of the time. That's why Roberto and Semedo suffer. It's not too hard to see that right?

Fake news https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHtr_EVTYNbDpej9Xfn1gGUxPg51ZMSjvH53q6u_Y7lMFSX-T7u-HUs7dcDQ

You can clearly see he likes to sit on the right and drift centrally. Playing him in the middle means we would need to play 4231 as messi can't play on the left and Coutinho is dreadful there plus a midfielder would have to be sacrificed.

Irony when ppl think they know better than the coach and can't see obvious problems

FCBfan22

Fake news https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...9Xfn1gGUxPg51ZMSjvH53q6u_Y7lMFSX-T7u-HUs7dcDQ

You can clearly see he likes to sit on the right and drift centrally. Playing him in the middle means we would need to play 4231 as messi can't play on the left and Coutinho is dreadful there plus a midfielder would have to be sacrificed.

Irony when ppl think they know better than the coach and can't see obvious problems

Exactly.

5oggqgzut9j21.jpg

Gnidrologist

Fake news https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...9Xfn1gGUxPg51ZMSjvH53q6u_Y7lMFSX-T7u-HUs7dcDQ

You can clearly see he likes to sit on the right and drift centrally.
That's the thing. He 'sits' on the right. He and our whole right flank severely lacks any movement, because Messi only uses right hand side of the field to beeline his runs and passes from as he is more comfortable coming from that side given how incredible his left foot is. He doesn't really occupy the right side tho and after he drifts to the middle, there is only one passing lane for him, mostly Alba's way. When Demebele and/or Semedo is there, he has more options and it also stretches opposite defense a lot. We always seem more dynamic with Demb there with our without Messi on the field. Quit copy pasting stupid talking points from reddit or smth, bro.

FCBfan22

What you mean exactly?

If you want to play Dembele on the right a midfielder would need to be dropped, so who do you have in mind?

Your point is that Messi plays on the right. I have proven you that it's only on paper.

The solution? Suarez as a LST with Leo CF/CAM and Dembele RWF. A hybrid formation mainly because of Alba's qualities. No swaps in the midfield.

Messigician

Your point is that Messi plays on the right. I have proven you that it's only on paper.

The solution? Suarez as a LST with Leo CF/CAM and Dembele RWF. A hybrid formation mainly because of Alba's qualities. No swaps in the midfield.

Did u even check the heatmap? You posted ONE convenient picture from a game which had BOTH Semedo and Roberto covering the right flank as extra support for Messi. Mate who do you think you're fooling? And you didn't ask the question of which midfielder you would drop to play messi centrally and Dembele on the right...

soul24rage

Something like this would be my lineup as it's balanced in attack and defence imo.

(4231) Mats---Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba---Busi, Arthur---Dembele, Messi, Bob---Suarez

-Alba and Dembele provides the attacking width from the wings.
-I think that Dembele is not that great in the half space and so needs to play in the wings. Alba dominates the left wing so Dembele moves to the right.
-S. Roberto has the engine to ensure that our midfield does not get overrun and provide cover for Alba. Play Bob in the left half space.
-Messi gets to work in his favorite half right space.

The only worry for me is that S.Roberto might not have enough attacking skills against the big clubs, but this is my ideal lineup

FCBfan22

Did u even check the heatmap? You posted ONE convenient picture from a game which had BOTH Semedo and Roberto covering the right flank as extra support for Messi. Mate who do you think you're fooling? And you didn't ask the question of which midfielder you would drop to play messi centrally and Dembele on the right...

Dzj_gzeXQAE6rmO.jpg

(That Valverde patented vertical midfield trio)

pup3ot9brqm11.jpg

2019-03-02-Barcelona-Passing-plot-Real-Madrid-Barcelona.jpg

2018-11-11-Barcelona-Passing-plot-Barcelona-Real-Betis.jpg

DwUWE9pX4AMWNoT.jpg:large

For comparasion, last year:

vYIKL5h.jpg

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Messi is leaning slightly to the right in all these pics...

Ooooh... leaning slightly... He is leaning slightly to the left in Madrid passmap. So was he a LW in that game?
Leaning slightly to the right from dead center = RW.

*Sarcastic applause*

Valverde was building a good system last year. He managed to fuck it up this year and went for old Lucho's setup for the front 3.

Patiently waiting for next season when R. Valverde brings out the Lucho special Pitchfork formation, since we won this 6-1 at the time. But a lot more defensive.
PCruxK6.png

Last edited:

Havesaks

I agree with this almost metaphysical approach to Barca and it's football. I became a fan solely because of this overwhelming awe of how Barca always tries to play even when failing. But returning to more pragmatic reasoning, which at this time, with aging squad and losing once legendary players one by one, i think Valverde has SOME useful qualities. I imagine that with more adventurous and super ambitious coach current team could collapse like were already signs under Lucho with 0:4 and 0:3 loses away n CL to not so great teams. Currently we are sort of reforming, young inexperienced blood infusing and the old one getting weaker day by day. Maybe the proverbial 'balance' is really needed at this point and even though i still think some of the V's decisions are retarded, he sort of glues this old shit with new shit together in a way that makes this team competitive in all fronts. I just hope that, if he says, he is able to take more proactive approach as we are getting more young and dynamic players in. I will be devastated, if we continue to play this current static keepball with likes of Arthur, De Jong, Dembele and hopefully, more hungry Suarez replacement in the next season. I can get that we play slow, because triangles and constant pressing throughout the game just wont fly with our granpas, but i've strong suspicion that Valdo will play the same shit tactics with rejuvinated squad too. Let's hope i'm wrong and he is actually flexible or/and is a learning creature.

This, so well-written and a really nice post. But for now I think its okay to give V the benefit of doubt and applaud him for his results till now. Myndigheder hope is that Valverde is a slow - but safe developer - and that it gradually will get better. And at some point he will reach our hopes astetic wise. He is a manager known to be a long-term solution, and if we didnt grab him from AB, he would prob still manage the Team, and btw look hos far they have fallen after his exit. People will prob hunt me down for saying it, but a lot of times I have had the feeling he could be a manager staying here for 7-8 seasons. But he needs to play more barca-like and with arthur, de jong and alena he has the pieces to make it happen starting from next season. On another note, people should also calm down regarding hia future, if he doesnt deliver, he will go on his own will - thats why he hesitated with the extension and would have prefered to wait till the season is done.

And on a tottaly different note, the disrespect he gets from people om this board is so cringe and sad. You can see that he cares a lot and that itself should be enough. He is well-liked by our players because they see he has a good plan and he is really involved for the best outcome in The club. Unlike Lucho he has also watched Games for the B-team. IF he can add more barca-like identity to our game, I would love to see him be Barcas Ferguson. Wont happen, but personally im not against it IF mg creteria is met. He is a long-termanager by nature tho.

Home of Barca Fans