21 - Frenkie de Jong

El Barcelona

A better question is how QSG can even afford him in the first place knowing their FFP situation? Is the corrupt fool Infantino and UEFA sleeping again? It is a joke. They should not even be in the race.

Not only is Paris not what it once was, BCN is the more beautiful city with a much better climate and much more beautiful landscapes and a much more beautiful neighborhood.

Of course that is without saying that a comparison between Barça and QSG is an insult to Barça. If de Jong has any sanity he would not doubt even for a moment which club to choose.
You basically answered your own question, they're all corrupt and filled their pockets with some Qatari money. Btw Neymar and Tuchel just won a camel race in Doha..

Leo_Messi

Apart from Neymar and Mbappe (which of course are big exclusions), arent their net spending quite low in the last few years?

I highly doubt so. They have had problems with FFP before and for ages. I don't recall them selling many players with great profit in the past 7.5 years. However I do know, as do the rest of the world, how corrupt and disgusting QSG is. Not to mention their ridiculously inflated sponsorship deals etc. that saved them from being banned from the CL ages ago. It's quite a joke what smelly gas money from that tiny, backward and dictatorial desert fiefdom of Qatar can do. I would never have thought that the corrupt elite in France (Sarkozy etc.) would have stepped that low and that they would be prostituting themselves like this. FIFA was not surprising, UEFA of the old nether but after apparently "cleaning the mess up", they are continuing with the same pathetic spineless line of sucking up to some backward Bedouins that are helping destroy football and who are protected from the law that everyone is supposed to be following.

You basically answered your own question, they're all corrupt and filled their pockets with some Qatari oil money. Btw Neymar and Tuchel just won a camel race in Doha..

A link, or I won't believe it. Bloody hell.:lol:

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

:lol:

For a second I thought it could have been a different type of "camel race" but then I remembered that it is Qatar that we are talking about.:lol:

Their soundtrack during the race.

[youtube]uUqcBwQjj4k[/youtube]

papier-3.jpg

:lol:

BBZ8800

Just like yours? Takes one to know i guess.....

Meanwhile keep ignoring my requests for replies in multiple threads (Arthur, Dembele etc. etc.)

Regarding those replies, for example, I had 57 notifications today. (I am not clicking on it daily).
When I clicked on Notifications to see mentions and quotes, if I click on Quotes, whenever I open the last quote, all other quotes are gone. (Is there other way to see all quotes again once when you have opened that link?)
And this is on a laptop.
Is there even a way to see quotes on a mobile phone version of Barcaforum?

So, I see only the last 2-3 quotes and others are gone forever.
So, unless if I go manually and read all topics and all posts which I have missed, there is a huge chance that a lot of posts will be unanswered.

In some cases, I am not replying if a player whom I hated started to play well, so no pint in arguing currently.
In other cases, if I haven't replies, there is a high possibility that I haven't seen your post from the reasons explained above.

I could open a new tab with 57 notifications and reply 1 by 1.
But highly unlikely, lol.

EdmondDantes

Regarding those replies, for example, I had 57 notifications today. (I am not clicking on it daily).
When I clicked on Notifications to see mentions and quotes, if I click on Quotes, whenever I open the last quote, all other quotes are gone. (Is there other way to see all quotes again once when you have opened that link?)
And this is on a laptop.
Is there even a way to see quotes on a mobile phone version of Barcaforum?

So, I see only the last 2-3 quotes and others are gone forever.
So, unless if I go manually and read all topics and all posts which I have missed, there is a huge chance that a lot of posts will be unanswered.

In some cases, I am not replying if a player whom I hated started to play well, so no pint in arguing currently.
In other cases, if I haven't replies, there is a high possibility that I haven't seen your post from the reasons explained above.

I could open a new tab with 57 notifications and reply 1 by 1.
But highly unlikely, lol.

tumblr_penr9wo62s1sgterlo2_250.gif

Arizona Scott

He chose PSG, its his personal call, he didn't promise anything beforehand, he liked Barca posts maybe because he liked us. Maybe he knew it would be easy to break into PSG first team, play in a relatively easier league, which might act as a platform to showcase him at the world stage in the best possible way.

He is 21, still young, bit unproven, bit of a gamble. Who knows what the future holds. Maybe he flops, maybe he becomes a WC player, and does a Rabiot 2.0, or maybe just moves to Barca later.

We should focus on other targets rather than focusing on the lost cause.

Agreed. I do hope for his sake he has elements in contract that gives him some freedom, like a buyout in the 150-180 range, or a player option year after year 3 or 4 that is his decision to renew or not. Not sure how common they are in PSG or Ligue 1, but I would have my agent says if you want me this is the deal. If I were him maybe PSG is the smart move for now (more $, assured starting, a step up from Dutch league but not the 3 step ups that is La Liga), though I would want more control to leave if I wanted to a new challenge (Bara, Real, EPL, Bayern, Juve) than Verratti and three star Brazillians likely have had (Neymar, Thiago, Marquihos).

Newcomer

Agreed. I do hope for his sake he has elements in contract that gives him some freedom, like a buyout in the 150-180 range, or a player option year after year 3 or 4 that is his decision to renew or not. Not sure how common they are in PSG or Ligue 1, but I would have my agent says if you want me this is the deal. If I were him maybe PSG is the smart move for now (more $, assured starting, a step up from Dutch league but not the 3 step ups that is La Liga), though I would want more control to leave if I wanted to a new challenge (Bara, Real, EPL, Bayern, Juve) than Verratti and three star Brazillians likely have had (Neymar, Thiago, Marquihos).

Any kind of clauses like that is prohibited by the LFP (and then can't be enforced). However, sometimes you can see some players doing some side contracts with such clauses. Problem is they are non legally binding, it is more like verbal agreement at this point.

PSG is not a prison. Verratti and the brazilians extended their contracts. That means they were happy to stay. Rabiot did not extend and is leaving. Pretty simple equation : you sign a contract, you should expect to complete it.

Cule4life

The Culest

Just go on your profile page and there are tabs for mentions and quotes

Ladies and gentleman let this day be remembered when BBZ finally admitted that he disappears when the players he hates play well but is always back to spew his agenda as soon as they have one bad game.

No wonder you like Valverde. BS artists look out for each other. :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The fact that the likes of Griezmann and De Jong had to take that much time to make a decision is a testament to the following three things, in my opinion:

(1) How much we have fallen in terms of overall and relative attractiveness
(2) How poor our so-called "sporting project" has looked like. With Valverde being hell bent on playing the likes of Busquets and Rakitic game in game out and giving up on signings like Malcolm, it does look like younger and newer players might not fare well
(3) How money-crazed players have become. Money is becoming more and more important in terms of how players evaluate where they are signing, if not already the outright No.1 factor

Givenchy

The fact that the likes of Griezmann and De Jong had to take that much time to make a decision is a testament to the following three things, in my opinion:

(2) How poor our so-called "sporting project" has looked like. With Valverde being hell bent on playing the likes of Busquets and Rakitic game in game out and giving up on signings like Malcolm, it does look like younger and newer players might not fare well
(3) How money-crazed players have become. Money is becoming more and more important in terms of how players evaluate where they are signing, if not already the outright No.1 factor

(3) answers your (1) mostly but our sporting project is really hit n miss. Griezmann is just a fanny so i wouldn't really take much from his la decision bs. the weird thing is, you check other forums and they are still talking about Raki, Busi etc being world class players and the same goes for alot of commentators, its like the elephant in the room

soul24rage

All the factors that you mentioned could be contributing factors, but I want to add another contributing factor for Griezmann as he wanted to be "the man" of the team and he's not gonna get that with Messi playing

"[And] subconsciously, being Messi's lieutenant may have played a part." https://en.as.com/en/2018/11/19/football/1542617794_089264.html

For De Jong, I really think it's the fact that there is competition for his position in Barca while in PSG, he could just slot right in to the starting line up (I really do believe that no player [except Messi] should be guaranteed as a starter and that you have to fight for your place). If De Jong joins PSG, good luck to him. If he joins us, that's great.

Raketa10

Farmer De Drama Queen. And we all thought Rabiot is the one who seeks attention all of the time. :facepalm: Griezmann saga 2.0! At least Griezmann is a world class player while De Jong is just a very talented player. I am not even sure what to think about him anymore. He looked lika a decent kid but after this I am not sure anymore. It looks like money and fame are the ONLY important things for youngsters today.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans