Matthijs de Ligt

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bayern wont pay that and who would chose them over us or City.. Bundesliga isn't exactly ambitious.

as for what the heck are we doing? chasing Rabiot :lol:

if the next question is why.. im afraid i cannot answer that

Bayern has been under pressure and a lot of criticism for not spending big to replenish their squad and both Hoeness and KHR have said that they would spend big next summer, especially if they lose the league to BVB this season. Either way I am sure they will spend big next summer (as well as Real Madrid), and they have A LOT OF cash in hands. Moreover, Robben will be leaving at the end of this season and Ribery most likely will not be renewed either.

We can't go cheap and try to convince the player to play for us when others are offering more money. Our brand is diminishing relatively and if we don't pay up, we will lose the players we want.

Last edited:

Givenchy

Bayern has been under pressure and a lot of criticism for not spending big to replenish their squad and both Hoeness and KHR have said that they would spend big next summer, especially if they lose the league to BVB this season. Either way I am sure they will spend big next summer (as well as Real Madrid), and they have A LOT OF cash in hands. Moreover, Robben will be leaving at the end of this season and Ribery most likely will not be renewed either.

We can't go cheap and try to convince the player to play for us when others are offering more money. Our brand is diminishing relatively and if we don't pay up, we will lose the players we want.

aren't Bayern stacked in midfield though? i thought that was why they let Vidal go so easily, defence i can certainly see them wanting De Ligt. if they have to replace Robben and Ribery this summer that won't be cheap either.

on the bold part, i totally agree. this summer will show where our board want to take us. keep EV, buy Rabiot and some other midtable level player or bust out the big guns and get us the dutch boys. im strangely confident we can land Frankie atleast

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
aren't Bayern stacked in midfield though? i thought that was why they let Vidal go so easily, defence i can certainly see them wanting De Ligt. if they have to replace Robben and Ribery this summer that won't be cheap either.

on the bold part, i totally agree. this summer will show where our board want to take us. keep EV, buy Rabiot and some other midtable level player or bust out the big guns and get us the dutch boys. im strangely confident we can land Frankie atleast

Yes they are stacked with midfielders even after losing Vidal and Rudy. However James might leave (he is an AM anyway), Javi Martinez is old and deteriorating, Thiago is their best midfielder, Goretzka is young but still developing and Tolisso has been injured for the most part of this season. I think having De Jong will not hurt.

Robbery is hard to replace. They are hoping Coman will stay healthy and they are betting big on Gnabry and the Canadian teenger Alphonso Davis. I think they are also looking at that Pepe guy as well.

khaled_a_d

They are getting Pavard (35M) and will need several other reinforcements, they will spend big but won't have the money to pay 150m for those guys ( FDJ & MDL).

MTL_Barca

Considering that source is just as good as sport and mundo daily articles of the 10 players we are going to buy (changing names every few weeks) i wouldn't be too worried here.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
A little backstory:
[tw]1070380626635841536[/tw]

Ajax have been laughing at us on twitter for quite some time now with their Black Friday joke and now this.

Pathetic club Ajax.

What have we done wrong? We showed our interest in De Jong early, so what? Now City and bayern are going all in for him and possibility De Ligt too and Ajax is hell bent on poking fun at us? SO they rather sell them to City and Bayern than us, for what reason? Spite?

Fuck them.

Givenchy

Pathetic club Ajax.

What have we done wrong? We showed our interest in De Jong early, so what? Now City and bayern are going all in for him and possibility De Ligt too and Ajax is hell bent on poking fun at us? SO they rather sell them to City and Bayern than us, for what reason? Spite?

Fuck them.

we lowballed and basically harassed Frankie all summer

soul24rage

There were rumours that we bid them for low amounts of money so I'm not surprised that Ajax took insult from that

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
we lowballed and basically harassed Frankie all summer

Still a small club mentality.

Don't they understand what negotiation means? We started low they can go high or they could refuse to talk. Taking it out on social media is just pathetic.

And I doubt it was because of us low-balling De Jong. Didn't they mock us when we showed some interest in Kluivert jr? They'd rather sell him to someone else than us.

Where does this bad blood with Ajax come from??

Last edited:

Givenchy

Still a small club mentality.

Don't they understand what negotiation means? We started low they can go high or they could refuse to talk. Taking it out on social media is just pathetic.

oh i totally agree its small time but thats the social media world we live in now...

KingLeo10

Pathetic club Ajax.

Fuck them.

Ajax have had an immense contribution to our footballing culture, even outside of Cruyff. They're a brother club and it's really just a bit of harmless banter IMO. Roma twitter is also pretty good at this stuff.

Home of Barca Fans