11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Raketa10

No.
It is not as if I don't have ANY faith in young players.
I have faith, but very low faith.
And I am extremely cautious.

Based on 100s of youngsters seen in lots of clubs which I have loved and followed over years.
And lots of real footballers from my city and region whom I knew personally and who's career I have followed since the age of 12-13 till the insane failures aged 25 or 30.
I have some friends who were youth NT players in my country and were hyped for the greatest things, and ended playing in a German or Austrian 3rd division aged 30, lol.
And even worse, if you want to play for Barca, the bar is set 100s times higher than that.

It's just a simple maths.
Less than 0,01% of footballers in the world are good enough for Barca.
Less than 1% footballers in top leagues are good enough for Barca.
Usually around 70% of all transfers by Barca are failures (players of all ages).
And between 80-90% of best La Masia kids and best world's prospects like Dembele, Malcom and Arthur end as not good enough for Barca.

I have "gave up" and accepted this over years and I don't want to fight against stats, numbers and history.
I see that you and majority of guys haven't reached that level yet.

I can stop writing bad things about our youngsters, but that won't make them any good.
Dembele and Malcom will still be equally as good. Or, more precisely: equally as average.

If you'll mention Arthur, well, 1 out of 5 or 1 out of 10 youngsters will make it here.
The problem is that you guys have faith in more or less any highly rated youngster, while 1-2 out of 10 of those will make it here.

A hint for the future: De Jong and De Light are far from safe bets.
Especially far from current high expectations where people think that they are no brainers and certain best players in their positions in the future.
It doesn't work that way.

Or, to say it: it works that way. But roughly in 1 out 5 cases.

So, I could change my opinion about youngsters being able to make it at Barca and Real ONLY if a percentage of successful stories will significantly rise in upcoming years.
But with current cases of Dembele, Malcom, Vinicius Jr and similar, it seems highly unlikely.
They will fit perfectly in a pattern seen over and over in the last 30 years.

But as I have said, feel free to fight against numbers and stats, and feel free to hope that it will magically change (for no apparent reason) in 2019' and 2020' and onwards.

Ok BBZ so far you were right and I was wrong regarding Dembele, that's fair to say but can you teach us a formula for implementing young players in the squad? Since you don't believe in Dembele, Malcom, Arthur, Alena, De Jong and De Light what would you do? Sign Rabiot? What's your recipe for the future? Also name ONE young player you like and who would strengthen our team apart from obviously Mbappe? Things you are saying are obvious but not taking a risk with young players and giving up on them immediately after few games is not the way to go.

ronniecro

he seems to me like he doesn't give a fuck,like someone said earlier,he's already multimilionaire and is set for life,also world cup winner by the age of 21 and member of one of the biggest clubs in the world...he reached the top in literally couple of years,is there any motive left for him?as it seems,clearly not

puri

I feel sorry that such a talented Player will Most likely never reach his Full potential with such an attitude, but it seems like karma for barca to me. Telling a player to go on strike to lower the asking price is dirty. This outcome feels deserved

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I feel sorry that such a talented Player will Most likely never reach his Full potential with such an attitude, but it seems like karma for barca to me. Telling a player to go on strike to lower the asking price is dirty. This outcome feels deserved

Let's for the sake of argument agree Barca told him to do that.

You do realize he went on a strike to go to Borussia Dortmund right?

You do realize Jadon Sancho went AWOL with Man City not able to contact him for weeks while he still was in their academy and youth team right? And he did that to force a move to Borussia Dortmund.

If this is karma, then the same will strike you when Sancho repeats what Dembele did, but perhaps this time he will go to Bayern Munchen instead of somewhere else, and light it up there.

Now that will be karma.

Givenchy

is it 100% confirmed that Barca told him to strike though? looking at how hes behaving here i won't be suprised if he came up with that 'genius' idea himself. we paid 120mil so its not like it worked anyway

FCB1987

Banned
he seems to me like he doesn't give a fuck,like someone said earlier,he's already multimilionaire and is set for life,also world cup winner by the age of 21 and member of one of the biggest clubs in the world...he reached the top in literally couple of years,is there any motive left for him?as it seems,clearly not

how has he reached the top? He's achieved less than Lucas Digne ffs

puri

Let's for the sake of argument agree Barca told him to do that.

You do realize he went on a strike to go to Borussia Dortmund right?

You do realize Jadon Sancho went AWOL with Man City not able to contact him for weeks while he still was in their academy and youth team right? And he did that to force a move to Borussia Dortmund.

If this is karma, then the same will strike you when Sancho repeats what Dembele did, but perhaps this time he will go to Bayern Munchen instead of somewhere else, and light it up there.

Now that will be karma.

I‘m Not going to argue on those points with you. Even thougj I feel in Both instances it went a little different. But the way it went with dembele i think we got enough bad karma last season. I would name mkhitaryan as a similar Situation though. That didnt Go well for Dortmund either. I dont condone that though.

raki

I would fell sorry if there was a injury causing that. It´s his own fault. You´re a professional in FC Barcelona. Start behaving like one. The fat check is arriving at the end of each month.

BBZ8800

Sport says that if we sell Dembele, we need to pay ALL addons to Borussia (40M), lol.
So, if we sell him, we need to pay full 145M to Borussia.
https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/the-fee-which-could-stop-barca-from-selling-dembele-in-january-7158713

Also, Sport says that Arsenal and Liverpool are interested in him, but are willing to pay only 80M.
That means:
65M loss on a transfer fee (145 to 80M).
Wages 13+13M for 2 years=26M.
Taxes paid for Dembele's wages=13+13=26M.

Spent in 2 years: 197M.
Money returned: 80M.
Loss in 2 years=117M.

So, when some of you guys are selling a story next time about "a good resell value" of young players, remember this case.
We lost 117 Millions in 24 Months, lol.

Home of Barca Fans