11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Coutinho has no business playing as one of the two CMs in 4-3-3

arthur-rakitic-roberto are the candidates there.

It doesn't need to be tried. It's already ridiculous.
like trying messi at LB, Roberto at CF

Thats why he is playing as a Midfielder for Brazil because it's so ridiculous. Only rdiculous thing here is the way your ideal lineup changes every 45 minutes.

gasgas

Thats why he is playing as a Midfielder for Brazil because it's so ridiculous. Only rdiculous thing here is the way your ideal lineup changes every 45 minutes.

And we are not brazil.
we play differently and we have different kind of players

Who said those lineups i post are my ideal lineups?

BBZ8800

How are you so certain about it when we never even tried to play Arthur-Coutinho as midfielders ? And again this midfield is working so well is because Arthur is doing amazing work there , Im fairly confident a midfield of Arthur- Busi/Vidal-Cou would work just aswell or even better.

When Coutinho plays as a Cm, we are closer to 424 than 433.
And yet, a current trend (to regain midfield control) is to have 4 Cms, not 2.

Also, Arthur alone can't babysit for 3 attackers, Messi and a RB.
Arthur has only 2 legs.

This is why Rakitic-Arthur works good.
2 babysitters plus Busi.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
When Coutinho plays as a Cm, we are closer to 424 than 433.
And yet, a current trend (to regain midfield control) is to have 4 Cms, not 2.

Also, Arthur alone can't babysit for 3 attackers, Messi and a RB.
Arthur has only 2 legs.

This is why Rakitic-Arthur works good.
2 babysitters plus Busi.

Are you talking about the trend that got us through Roma ? :coffee:

raki

All this Dembelé nonsense in the papers is the main reason Pep left. Daily nonsense and insidious shit thrown at you, by Barcelona media.

Obnoxious.

Nothanks

when dembele dedicates a celebration to his "haters" of course they'll come out when he is under performing.. he isn't doing himself any favors in that regard.

El Flaco

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/oebyo/pfltap" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

[MENTION=23081]Bulgroz[/MENTION] (or any French speaker)

Can someone please summarize on what they're saying about Dembele?

Givenchy

we fucked up buying both Coutinho AND Dembele.. it should of been one or the other. now we have to shoehorn Coutinho in midfield while Arthur needs to play there, Busi also and then possibly Frankie?

---------------MaTS
Semedo-Lenglet-Umtiti-Alba
---------------Busi
--------Frankie-Arthur
-----Messi-Suarez-Dembele

is what i want to see under a decent manager. where does Coutinho play? not enough pace to be a winger yet not disciplined enough for midfield?

Dembele needs to get his shit together, he has something we seriously lack right now; pace

khaled_a_d

How are you so certain about it when we never even tried to play Arthur-Coutinho as midfielders ? And again this midfield is working so well is because Arthur is doing amazing work there , Im fairly confident a midfield of Arthur- Busi/Vidal-Cou would work just aswell or even better.

Because Coutinho hasn't been performing well as CM here, and him and Dembele themselves had a lot of problem playing together as they both goes left and move a bit into the middle, and both has their work rate questionable at best.
It doesn't need to be tested, it has failure written all over it.
And please, don't come with that "he plays in midfield with Brazil" because they are facing inferior opponents, he has to play beside Neymar and their midfield is totally different. We don't have Casimiro here and the rest of their attacking do better job defensively. It isn't even comparable to the slightest.
Never mind, he is more or less AM with Brazil, both raki and Arthur are CM.

MTL_Barca

All this Dembelé nonsense in the papers is the main reason Pep left. Daily nonsense and insidious shit thrown at you, by Barcelona media.

Obnoxious.

Seeing this forum thats the way barca fans love it tho lol. Some bad games everybody is "sell", "terrible" "waste of money" etc and after some decent games like Suarez and Pique had recently its back to "how could anyone ever doubt him". Some fans just love to change their whole opinion based on 1-2 games so these papers deliver perfect food for that.

El Trencaxarxes

Coman and Di Maria are not as good as Dembele. Coman is faster, but that's about it. He's less versatile, can't dribble as well, scores less, gives less assists. And Di Maria is even more inconsistent than Dembele, even though he's 10 years older. Mane, Hazard, Insigne and Mane are better, yes, but as you pointed out they're also 5 years older than Dembele (at least). Messigician's list doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, I agree. Since Messigician hasn't responded, I did a simple comparison between Dembélé and the wingers he mentioned, plus a couple of other ones. I realise that the sample size for Dembélé is quite small - the same can be said about Mbappé - but it still nicely highlights how much talent he has shown throughout his still very short career. Bear in mind that some of the players he is compared to here are way older than him. What I did was to look at their appearances in the top five leagues - for this reason, Lozano is not included - since 2009/2010, looking at goals, assists, chances created and dribbles all of which are usually the main things you look for in a winger. Here's what I found:

3dzyGsi.png

Hopefully, this can also help dispel the oft-repeated myth that Dembélé is not a very effective or very good dribbler. I've heard it said several times that Mbappé is clearly a better dribbler, which is ludicrous and very clearly not true. Once again, the sample size is still relatively small for Dembélé but not only does he have more successful dribbles per 90 minutes than everyone else on the list, he is also the most efficient one there, which is no small feat when you're up against Hazard.

Home of Barca Fans