Ernesto Valverde - V1

xXKonan

I don't know if Tata had a better squad than this current version of Barcelona.

The only ones I would take from that squad are.

Alves
Mascherano
Younger Messi
Younger Iniesta
Younger Pique
Younger Busi
And probably that Neymar as well. There's Xavi but like Puyol, his career as a starter was winding down and he didn't have the legs to play in and out like he did but he wouldn't have been a bad option off the bench.

But that's about it. Guys like Roberto and Alba have massively improved since that time and that Roberto was basically your standard B team player who was promoted just to fill out the squad like JDS was. I'd take both Semedo and Roberto over the likes of a Montoya who was bascially a vanilla RB who was completely unremarkable that failed to live up to the massive hype he had.

The likes of Umtiti and I'd argue even Lenglet were superior talents to the likes of Bartra. There's also Adriano but he was pretty close to declining around that time as well. Rakitic even at this age was the much better player than Song ever was. Wasn't really a fan of Cesc but that one would be more useful than Denis would and Rafinha had more use than guys like JDS and that version for Roberto ever did. And Arthur alone is a really good talent as well.

Forward options While Sanchez was good in his final season he was a pretty frustrating player for a good amount of time he was with us. The likes of Dembele, Coutinho, Malcom and even this current Suarez were still better options than Cuenca who was ruined by Injuries, Tello who was basically a one trick pony.

But I forgot about that version of Pedro, he would have definately been really useful for Valverde. Both squads had some pluses and Minuses but overall I wouldn't say Valverde had that much worse of a squad than Tata tbh.

God Serena

What exactly makes you think EV is worse manager than Tata? the later had probably a better squad , played worse football, ignored La Masia, won nothing. There isn't a single thing you can take on EV that you can't say Tata wasn't as bad or even worse.

Martino's football was better than sitting back and defending a lead every time you got it in a panic. He was plagued with injuries, primarily to Messi and Valdes, that costed most of his success. Watching Barca play now is a chore, I only do it because I feel obligated to at this point as a supporter. Even when Tata was at his worst, I never hated watching the team. Not sure how you could say Martino's football was worse than whatever it is we're getting now.

Horatio

You're welcome

Alves
Mascherano
Younger Messi
Younger Iniesta
Younger Pique
Younger Busi
And probably that Neymar as well. There's Xavi but like Puyol, his career as a starter was winding down and he didn't have the legs to play in and out like he did but he wouldn't have been a bad option off the bench.

That's close to you naming the whole squad.

Messigician

Not a bad coach but like Valverde, he's going to struggle with the egos in the locker room like what happened at PSG.

Hahaha are you serious? Blanc managed to keep Zlatan happy something Pep was unable to do.

Blanc's football is better than all the managers we have had since Pep except for maybe Lucho in his first season.

Blanc would get the most out of Messi and the squad while playing some amazing stuff and I think hes kewn on coming here.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Hahaha are you serious? Blanc managed to keep Zlatan happy something Pep was unable to do.

Blanc's football is better than all the managers we have had since Pep except for maybe Lucho in his first season.

Blanc would get the most out of Messi and the squad while playing some amazing stuff and I think hes kewn on coming here.

All true - Except that he has been out of job for over 2 years now!

He does get the best out of his mid fielders and trequartista - Remember Gourcuff?

khaled_a_d

Alves
Mascherano
Younger Messi
Younger Iniesta
Younger Pique
Younger Busi

So basically, a much better squad as I said

Martino's football was better than sitting back and defending a lead every time you got it in a panic. He was plagued with injuries, primarily to Messi and Valdes, that costed most of his success. Watching Barca play now is a chore, I only do it because I feel obligated to at this point as a supporter. Even when Tata was at his worst, I never hated watching the team. Not sure how you could say Martino's football was worse than whatever it is we're getting now.

I respectfully disagree, Tata's football is probably even worse than last month EV, guy was dreadful and lost the dressing room in few weeks of the season. We weren't attacking team either with him

I think we will find out soon, I think he will be one of the frontrunners to succeed Ernesto

George_Costanza

It's a matter of preference I guess, for some here their brain kicks into overdrive when they watch a slow defensive style football and thinks it's attractive. For me, Tata's football was more attractive by a considerable margin, and we were unfortunate with injuries or we could have easily won the double.

God Serena

Tata was out of his depth. No excuse for not winning the double with the squad he had.

The trophies we lost can be pinned to an exact moment where Pinto had a nightmare in goal. Getting beaten from 50 yards out in CL vs Atletico and getting beaten near post by Bale in the Copa. In the league he was the rightful winner but a goal from Messi was wrongfully disallowed.

clemente

I don't think he is bad coach but I think he lacks the charisma he would need for this job. He is too humble as well. This is Barcelona, not Athletic club. I don't see how BCN players respect him. They have won way more than him in football and especially when you talk like Valrverde, It's tough to respect him.

I think he needs more courage and balls.

And what manager has won more than our players?

wisconsincule

I want to be excited watching this team again. This guy gives me no excitement. He clearly is in over his head and it’s sad watching this ship sink.

Home of Barca Fans