Gianluigi Buffon

Jair Ventura

When you have to say that, you know it's not true. French league is a joke for PSG. I would say French league holds PSG back.

I imagine he said it because PSG spent the first half being bossed by a club he'd probably never heard of before Saturday. A club featuring Marcus Thuram on the LW, a 21 year old who owned an international player in Thomas Meunier for 45 minutes and the son of a French legend.

Then again, I'm sure some nobody who didn't even watch the match know's better than a legend like Gigi.

Vilarrubi

I imagine he said it because PSG spent the first half being bossed by a club he'd probably never heard of before Saturday. A club featuring Marcus Thuram on the LW, a 21 year old who owned an international player in Thomas Meunier for 45 minutes and the son of a French legend.

Then again, I'm sure some nobody who didn't even watch the match know's better than a legend like Gigi.

PSG winning the league by 13 points is a much better indicator of how strong the league is rather than a smaller team dominating you in one game. Means nothing.. look at Barca vs Levante last season.

Also the fact that Buffon feels the need to even mention how strong the league is seems a bit overly defensive.. maybe to deflect hate when people say he’s gone to an easier League for nearly double the wages.

Btw you don’t have to defend anything and everything to the death when related to PSG or Ligue 1.. we criticize Barca/La Liga loads on here.. yours seems to be more of a blind love towards it without any rationality.

Jair Ventura

PSG winning the league by 13 points is a much better indicator of how strong the league is rather than a smaller team dominating you in one game. Means nothing.. look at Barca vs Levante last season.

Points gap between first and second, Europes top 5 leagues:

La Liga: 14
EPL: 19
Serie A: 4
Bundesliga: 21
Ligue 1: 13

So, according to your own criteria, Ligue 1 is the second strongest league of Europe's top 5.

Also the fact that Buffon feels the need to even mention how strong the league is seems a bit overly defensive.. maybe to deflect hate when people say he’s gone to an easier League for nearly double the wages.

Or maybe you're a conspiracy theorist that doesn't know as much about football as you think you do.

Btw you don’t have to defend anything and everything to the death when related to PSG or Ligue 1.. we criticize Barca/La Liga loads on here.. yours seems to be more of a blind love towards it without any rationality.

I'm a teacher by profession. I can't help but educate.

Last edited:

serghei

Points gap between first and second, Europes top 5 leagues?

So, according to your own criteria, Ligue 1 is the second strongest league of Europe's top 5.

Or maybe you're a conspiracy theorist that doesn't know as much about football as you think you do.

I'm a teacher by profession. I can't help it but educate.

:lol:

Vilarrubi

Points gap between first and second, Europes top 5 leagues?

Key words: "MUCH BETTER" indicator of how strong the league is than your criteria "Buffon says the level of competition is high in Ligue 1 because they got bossed in one game by a small team" :lol:

Obviously there's LOTS of criteria which indicate how strong the league is and how dominant the top team is.. and you quoting Buffon to try back up your argument of how strong Ligue 1 is, is at the bottom of the list... in fact is meaningless.

Nope, simple psychology really. If the league was strong you don't have to constantly defend it like you do and like Buffon did.

I'm a teacher by profession. I can't help it but educate.

I've never taken anything positive or changed my mind on something from any of your posts, we have heated discussions on here (BBZ, Jamdav) etc and people see each others point of view.

Ahhh yes... the teacher who got literally "taken to school" and educated about Amortisation in football. It only took you about 8 pages to slowly realise you were wrong.

Jair Ventura

Key words: "MUCH BETTER" indicator of how strong the league is than your criteria "Buffon says the level of competition is high in Ligue 1 because they got bossed in one game by a small team" :lol:

Obviously there's LOTS of criteria which indicate how strong the league is and how dominant the top team is.. and you quoting Buffon to try back up your argument of how strong Ligue 1 is, is at the bottom of the list... in fact is meaningless.

Just admit you don't know what you're talking about and move on. You're embarrassing yourself.

Nope, simple psychology really. If the league was strong you don't have to constantly defend it like you do and like Buffon did.

Are you a licensed psychologist or an arm-chair psychologist?

I've never taken anything positive or changed my mind on something from any of your posts, we have heated discussions on here (BBZ, Jamdav) etc and people see each others point of view.

I don't care to change your mind. Thousands of people read these boards without ever contributing, and they can see for themselves that you're clueless.

Ahhh yes... the teacher who got literally "taken to school" and educated about Amortisation in football. It only took you about 8 pages to slowly realise you were wrong.

My contributions to these board speak for themselves. What do you contribute beyond ignorant opinions?

Vilarrubi

Just admit you don't know what you're talking about and move on. You're embarrassing yourself.

You realise we've had this same discussion before? How strong the league is within itself is different to how strong it is vs other leagues.

The only criteria for how strong a league is vs other leagues is in Europe and we've seen Ligue 1 do fairly poorly recently, hence Ligue 1 being 5th in Coefficient.

How strong the league is within itself, how dominant the top team is compared to the rest of the league.. in your case PSG.. over the last 5/6 years PSG have EASILY been the most dominant winning titles by the most points/most often.

Buffon trying to justify the strength of the league is pretty funny honestly :lol:

Are you a licensed psychologist or an arm-chair psychologist?

I didn't know you had to be a licensed psychologist to recognise simple psychology and comment on it. Suppose nobody can ever talk about anything they are not licensed in then... Football included. :lol:

I don't care to change your mind. Thousands of people read these boards without ever contributing, and they can see for themselves that you're clueless.

Good, because you haven't.

My contributions to these board speak for themselves. What do you contribute beyond ignorant opinions?

:lol: :lol: Honestly you are one of the most one sided posters here SO pro-French and pro-Ligue 1. I don't have bias with anything on here, i'm not pro-catalan for example. I'm open minded.

Vilarrubi

Can't believe i've taken the time to do this but oh well I suppose some teachers still need educating [MENTION=19661]Jair Ventura[/MENTION]

The "Strength" of a league can be compared in two ways:

1. Strength VS other leagues.

2. Strength within itself from top to bottom.

The first point we've gone over plenty of times before.. the only way of comparison is through European competitions VS teams from other Leagues and as we've seen over the last few years, Ligue 1 hasn't fared well in that sense. That's why they are 5th in the UEFA coefficient behind PL, La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga based on results and how far you've advanced in the competition.

In terms of the second "strength", a league with different teams winning more often and by a lesser amount of points is seen as a strong league.. its harder to win, in comparison to a league where the same team wins more often and by a bigger points gap which is seen as much easier to win, so a weaker league within itself.

With the stats below we can see that Bundesliga followed by Ligue 1 are very weak leagues within themselves.. theres a standout winner in Bayern and PSG easily winning bar one year for PSG. (You tried to say Monaco winning was a reason the league was competitive a while back but the stats say otherwise)

So PSG - Weakest in Europe of top 5 Leagues and 2nd easiest League for the top team to win.

Back to the original point, Buffon claiming the competition in the league is high (Within itself as Guingamp don't play in Europe) is laughable. He knows he's in an easy league being at PSG and that's why he's defending it.

Ligue 1

12/13 - PSG - 12 points
13/14 - PSG - 9 points
14/15 - PSG - 8 points
15/16 - PSG - 31 points
16/17 - Monaco -
17/18 - PSG - 13 points

La Liga

12/13 - Barca - 15 points
13/14 - Atleti - 3 points
14/15 - Barca - 2 points
15/16 - Barca - 1 point
16/17 - Real - 3 points
17/18 - Barca - 14 points

Serie A

12/13 - Juve - 9 points
13/14 - Juve - 17 points
14/15 - Juve - 17 points
15/16 - Juve - 9 points
16/17 - Juve - 4 points
17/18 - Juve - 4 points

PL

12/13 - United - 13 points
13/14 - City - 2 points
14/15 - Chelsea - 8 points
15/16 - Leicester - 10 points
16/17 - Chelsea - 7 points
17/18 - City - 19 points

Bundesliga

12/13 - Bayern - 25 points
13/14 - Bayern - 19 points
14/15 - Bayern - 10 points
15/16 - Bayern - 10 points
16/17 - Bayern - 15 points
17/18 - Bayern - 12 points

Jair Ventura

Welcome to my sig.

Buffon trying to justify the strength of the league is pretty funny honestly :lol:

You, whose never played and hardly watches football, thinking their opinion weighs as heavily as the experience of a football legend, is even more hilarious.

I didn't know you had to be a licensed psychologist to recognise simple psychology and comment on it. Suppose nobody can ever talk about anything they are not licensed in then... Football included. :lol:

So, you aren't actually a psychologist? And therefore are making assumptions based only on your own biases? That was obvious from the start.

:lol: :lol: Honestly you are one of the most one sided posters here SO pro-French and pro-Ligue 1. I don't have bias with anything on here, i'm not pro-catalan for example. I'm open minded.

I'll never understand why some people are so proud of their ignorance.

Vilarrubi

Welcome to my sig.

You, whose never played and hardly watches football, thinking their opinion weighs as heavily as the experience of a football legend, is even more hilarious.

So, you aren't actually a psychologist? And therefore are making assumptions based only on your own biases? That was obvious from the start.

I'll never understand why some people are so proud of their ignorance.

See stats above, no bias... just facts.

Givenchy

honestly for me, Ligue 1 will overtake Bundesliga soon providing they can keep the talent/prevent them all joining PSG ala Bayern.

Vilarrubi

Stats without context mean nothing. You think your baseless opinions weigh as heavily as the experience of one the worlds most accomplished players. The argument ends there.

That made no sense whatsoever... The context and facts are there to be seen. You just don't like them and can't argue against them.

Jair Ventura - "Opinions of world accomplished players must be the gospel truth"

Buffon after CL Quarter Final - Claimed it shouldn't have been a penalty vs Madrid......... Breaking news: IT WAS

Home of Barca Fans