Paul Pogba

Joan

#pogfeelings? :facepalm: Terrible match yesterday, losing the ball for fun, playing hot and cold for the club, disputes with the manager, Raiola... all in all, not something I'd like to see here.

Vilarrubi

#pogfeelings? :facepalm: Terrible match yesterday, losing the ball for fun, playing hot and cold for the club, disputes with the manager, Raiola... all in all, not something I'd like to see here.

+1 Take away the penalty and he was one of the worst players on the pitch yesterday.. it's funny how he's got this hype around him and United fans think he's so good. Also had that guy in another thread saying he's top 5 midfielder in the world............. :lol: :lol: He's played like he did yesterday 2 years for United with the odd great game here and there.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If Paul Scholes was still playing fotball he would probably be worth 500mil. if this clown is valued at 200.

Falcao

He is a fantastic player.

A few embarrassing comments here, he won the World Cup 3 weeks ago and has been in party mode since yet still put himself forward for the team to play 80 minutes last night. By the end he was shattered.

Joan

+1 Take away the penalty and he was one of the worst players on the pitch yesterday.. it's funny how he's got this hype around him and United fans think he's so good. Also had that guy in another thread saying he's top 5 midfielder in the world............. :lol: :lol: He's played like he did yesterday 2 years for United with the odd great game here and there.
Hype around him is unreal. One good WC and he's a top 5 midfielder in the world. Worked his ass off for France, but pundits have been moaning all year Mou's misusing him and he can't shine in a double pivot setup. He can't my ass, he's just lazy and entitled diva. Who guarantees us it's all about Mou, not Pogba himself? Always plays like that. Anyways, can't break our hype train if your eyes bleed watching us play. :mou:

Vilarrubi

He is a fantastic player.

A few embarrassing comments here, he won the World Cup 3 weeks ago and has been in party mode since yet still put himself forward for the team to play 80 minutes last night. By the end he was shattered.

Remember we have no reason to hate the guy... if a player is good generally people say they are good. You're a united fan so you're likely to defend him and maybe not see things like others.

I don't care about what he did at the World Cup when he's been average and inconsistent for United since he went back.. that can't be the answer as soon as he gets criticised.. "but he won the World Cup".

The difference in quality/consistency between him and City midfielders for example is huge.. you keep thinking he's fantastic though ;)

Falcao

Remember we have no reason to hate the guy... if a player is good generally people say they are good. You're a united fan so you're likely to defend him and maybe not see things like others.

I don't care about what he did at the World Cup when he's been average and inconsistent for United since he went back.. that can't be the answer as soon as he gets criticised.. "but he won the World Cup".

The difference in quality/consistency between him and City midfielders for example is huge.. you keep thinking he's fantastic though ;)
Don’t compare to City, it’s a very different style. They are hugely dominant all over the field so each individual players weakness is rarely exposed.

I remember Pogba turning it on in the second half at the Etihad last season, dismantling them and postponing their title party. City midfielders couldn’t live with him that day.

Pogba had a good first season back at United, an excellent first half of last season then a poor second half.

Vilarrubi

Don’t compare to City, it’s a very different style. They are hugely dominant all over the field so each individual players weakness is rarely exposed.

I remember Pogba turning it on in the second half at the Etihad last season, dismantling them and postponing their title party. City midfielders couldn’t live with him that day.

Pogba had a good first season back at United, an excellent first half of last season then a poor second half.

Why can’t I... I can compare him to whoever I want.. and your nearest rivals are City with truly fantastic players.

Actually it’s funny you mention that game.. City absolutely dominated you and should have been 5-0 at half time. You were extremely lucky and Pogba was in the right place at the right time twice.. but in terms of consistent performences where he doesn’t lose the ball.. controls the midfield.. doesn’t make mistakes.. he doesn’t do that enough.

Genuinely... as a United fan.. were you happy with his midfield performence last night and the midfield in general at OLD TRAFFORD. Leicester controlled most of the game but lacked that quality in the final third like a top side would have.. this isn’t a “tactical masterclass” by Mourinho either.. those days are gone.. this is getting dominated by a mid table club at home and do it over a number of games and it won’t work out well (see last season)

BenRobbins

Why can’t I... I can compare him to whoever I want.. and your nearest rivals are City with truly fantastic players.

Actually it’s funny you mention that game.. City absolutely dominated you and should have been 5-0 at half time. You were extremely lucky and Pogba was in the right place at the right time twice.. but in terms of consistent performences where he doesn’t lose the ball.. controls the midfield.. doesn’t make mistakes.. he doesn’t do that enough.

Genuinely... as a United fan.. were you happy with his midfield performence last night and the midfield in general at OLD TRAFFORD. Leicester controlled most of the game but lacked that quality in the final third like a top side would have.. this isn’t a “tactical masterclass” by Mourinho either.. those days are gone.. this is getting dominated by a mid table club at home and do it over a number of games and it won’t work out well (see last season)

Thats not his job though, he is in the team to be the creative player, playing risky passes and dribbling past players he is going to lose the ball alot.

If you think Pogba is average then you are quite frankly stupid or a liverpool fan :lol:

serghei

United is using Pogba wrong. He is a skilled player as long as he is not asked to play a lot of balls. He is not a controlling player, and not a full time play maker either. He has a high risk type of game, and the more balls he sees the more he'll lose because he'll try fancy, complex things with it even in situations where simpler solutions work best. He needs to play in a position similar with Coutinho's. Between midfield and attack, having license to drift forward and try more intricate plays because they have the boldness and the skill to try those solutions.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
United is using Pogba wrong. He is a skilled player as long as he is not asked to play a lot of balls. He is not a controlling player, and not a full time play maker either. He has a high risk type of game, and the more balls he sees the more he'll lose because he'll try fancy, complex things with it even in situations where simpler solutions work best. He doesn't have the brain to choose the safest better options to advance the plays, but he has the technique to be an attacking AM with a lot of creativity and flair. Someone who can produce the occasional brilliant play that could unlock a game.

United will see the best of Pogba when they'll have a world class midfielder next to him. That's probably not going to happen.

United will see the best of Pogba and most of their attacking players and midfielders when they have an attacking game plan.

serghei

United will see the best of Pogba and most of their attacking players and midfielders when they have an attacking game plan.

Not just any plan, but the right plan. Because they have a plan, hoof ball to Lukaku and use his power in 1 vs 1 aerial duels or go hard trying to win the 2nd ball. Then repeat. Boring turgid stuff small teams play.

Home of Barca Fans