Lucas Digne

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
100%... I keep telling people this deal is not good for us. Thiago is injury prone, left on bad terms... Digne is a SOLID backup. I don't like it.

Jose Maria Bakero and Guillermo Amor(who was in the club in 2013) said today that the only reason Thiago left Barcelona back in 2013 is because the club sold him. I don't really know what they meant, but Amor was clear that Thiago is welcome back and didn't leave on bad terms, or pushed for a move out.

[tw]1004705177855778816[/tw]

Digne is a solid backup, but you can get players that are as good as him and more versatile like Jonny at Celta or even Mario Gaspar who is in Villarreal and has played at LB even though he's firstly a RB.

Neither would cost that much. Digne seem like a good guy who knows the group, but his importance to the team is overstated. He's a backup that only plays when Alba is injured or need a rest against some mid-table opponents. Getting a starting midfielder or two will do more good to the team than keeping a backup LB which we can sign a new one of anyway.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Gerard Romero claims Digne will be one of the players that will leave at the end of the week.

If I had to guess he's probably going to Everton.

Joan

Digne is a very good player. Solid transfer altogether. I hoped he'd stay one more year so Miranda can have all the time needed. Who's supposed to replace him?

xXKonan

Digne probably had no qualms about staying until he missed out on the French Squad for the WC.

If he was livid then, imagine his reaction when they won it. He's a good player but not good enough to overtake Alba and I don't blame him for finding greener pastures.

xXKonan

Digne is a very good player. Solid transfer altogether. I hoped he'd stay one more year so Miranda can have all the time needed. Who's supposed to replace him?
Sport and Rac1 claimed that either Cucu and Miranda will replace him.

Miranda is more talented than Cucu but isn't ready yet for the big leagues just yet. it will probably be Cucu.

Devils

He said two players will leave apparently, both defensive players.

Yerry and Digne.

Looks like Miranda or Cucu will be promoted.

Vilarrubi

Don’t mind as long as Gomes isn’t here by the end of the transfer window.. obviously unrelated but Paulinho and Digne were half decent backups.. something we were after for years when we had no bench. Keeping Gomes and getting rid of those two would be criminal lol

Raketa10

So who will be our new LB alternative if we sell him? FFS what are they doing? We have 100 problems in the midfield and they are selling LB?!?!?!

God Serena

So who will be our new LB alternative if we sell him? FFS what are they doing? We have 100 problems in the midfield and they are selling LB?!?!?!

They'll probably promote Cucu or just use Miranda frequently. Not really a problem if Digne leaves. Like... at all. He was a decent back up but that's about it, his contribution is one of the easiest things to replace on the entire team.

Home of Barca Fans