Luka Modric

Givenchy

Xavi >>> Modric

with a world cup win, Modric would be level with Iniesta for me, one of the all time greats. so so frustrating knowing we could of signed him yet we ended up with fucking Song

Last edited:

serghei

Modric is a level below Iniesta as well. There's just no comparison with Xavi and Iniesta for me. Clearly a cut above the likes of Modric, Kroos etc. Modric is about as great as Busquets, Pirlo, Scholes, players like that (although I think Pirlo is a bit greater for the time being).

Xavi >>> Modric

with a world cup win, Modric would be level with Iniesta for me, one of the all time greats. so so frustrating knowing we could of signed him yet we ended up with fucking Song

So Modric need a WC to become a better player ? Are you comparing Spain with Croatia ? Then Messi cant be the GOAT cause he hasnt got a WC. :lol:

For me, Xavi and Iniesta are a bit better than Modric but your argumentation is bullshit

vlad

Modric winning it with Croatia surely has to be rated higher then winning it with Spain which had great generation

vlad

So Modric need a WC to become a better player ? Are you comparing Spain with Croatia ? Then Messi cant be the GOAT cause he hasnt got a WC. :lol:

For me, Xavi and Iniesta are a bit better than Modric but your argumentation is bullshit

I think after this WC debate about messi being GOAT is over

JamDav1982

Modric winning it with Croatia surely has to be rated higher then winning it with Spain which had great generation

Not really as Modric has been nowhere near the level of performance of likes of Xavi when Spain won the WC.

Two penalty shoot outs and ET wins against modest teams in which Modric has been good but not outstanding.

Would Rakitic winning it be more impressive than Xavi/Iniesta? He has been more or less on same level as Modric this World Cup if not just a bit below.

malvolio

The possible WC win doesn't matter here. Apart from pure natural ability, both Xavi and Iniesta had the la masia upbringing, which I think counts alot. Furthermore each of them had something special. Xavi had the ability to read the game and find/open spaces like no other player. Iniesta was a big game player, winning man of the match in several big finals.
Modric is an exceptional player, but Xavi and Iniesta are legendary.

PS: and as some people here pointed out, Croatia had a pretty easy run to the final. Maybe second to what England had. But I guess it is easier to get on the underdog bandwagon...

Last edited:

Lomar1o

Modric on the same level as Iniesta? =) Remind me of a 'Ini vs Modric Clasico' where the Croatian dominated over the Spaniard and his team. Ini's prime is a class above Modric's. and Xavi stands above both of them. It's not an opinion, it's an axiom.

However, Modric is a world class midfielder indeed and I wish we got him when we had the chance. Wish him all the best in the final

OMG Just think if Argentinia would have been first in their group. Theire oppenents would have been Denmark, Russia and England, easy route to final.

JerseyAddict

I don't know has this been posted yet but folks should see where Luka Modrić started and where he is now.... You know all the stories about poor Brazilian or African players. Well, Luka Modrić worked his share of hard work.

[youtube]xvbd-ye3U9E[/youtube]

Givenchy

first of all, you assume I consider Messi is the GOAT, so no, your argumentation is bullshit but then again most of your posts come across as a troll.

Iniesta scored the winner in a world cup final, couldn't give a shit about comparing teams, that was then, this is now.

Home of Barca Fans