Adrien Rabiot

JamDav1982

As an established midfield signing meant to be a starter which I believe Rabiot is supposed to be in their eyes, while Arthur is a talent that can grow on to potentially be one, and I really hope he does.

But I wish we could be a bit more ambitious and sign a proper, very good or WC MF to start alongside Coutinho. Then have Rakitic, Arthur and Alena behind them which could be a very talented good depth group.

Rabiot is a potential 40-50m transfer that could be put on another midfielder with additional funds, that can challenge Rakitic to start right now when the first official game of the season kicks off.

Rabiot simply isn't that IMO, he doesn't even play in the same position or want to play in that position, and have the same mobility issues and lack of creativity that we need to improve IMO.

Rabiot doesnt lack mobility. He actually looks quite quick and mobile for his size.

Dont think he wants to play a 6 either. Fairly sure that is where he didnt want to play and wants to play further forward.

A player like him brings something others dont have. Good signing if happens in my opinion but doesnt feel like will.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Rabiot doesnt lack mobility. He actually looks quite quick and mobile for his size.

Dont think he wants to play a 6 either. Fairly sure that is where he didnt want to play and wants to play further forward.

A player like him brings something others dont have. Good signing if happens in my opinion but doesnt feel like will.

Ah well, I won't wish for him to fail, but don't think it's a good signing, and a one we will look forward to move on from in a couple of years due to his attitude issues and diva attitude. Should sign a starter instead of adding more depth IMO. Signing a starter pushes Rakitic down the ladder so you have better depth.

Trickykid

As an established midfield signing meant to be a starter which I believe Rabiot is supposed to be in their eyes, while Arthur is a talent that can grow on to potentially be one, and I really hope he does.

But I wish we could be a bit more ambitious and sign a proper, very good or WC MF to start alongside Coutinho. Then have Rakitic, Arthur and Alena behind them which could be a very talented good depth group.

Rabiot is a potential 40-50m transfer that could be put on another midfielder with additional funds, that can challenge Rakitic to start right now when the first official game of the season kicks off.

Rabiot simply isn't that IMO, he doesn't even play in the same position or want to play in that position, and have the same mobility issues and lack of creativity that we need to improve IMO.

I don't disagree man, it was only your wording that made it sound like you forgot poor Arthur.

I don't really know enough to pass judgment on Rabiot, so I'll refrain from commenting too much on his possible transfer.

JamDav1982

Ah well, I won't wish for him to fail, but don't think it's a good signing, and a one we will look forward to move on from in a couple of years due to his attitude issues and diva attitude. Should sign a starter instead of adding more depth IMO. Signing a starter pushes Rakitic down the ladder so you have better depth.

The midfield also needs something different as even Paulinho showed last season.

Without going all BBZ the midfield can be bullied and out worked.

The Barca team also lacks height at times so it all helps.

Think he would be good if signed. Can see how it pans out.

Rabiot comes across as a prick but as long as not too bad quite like a bit of swagger back in the team not a bunch of choir boys who wouldnt say boo to a goose and come across as been and seen it all.

God Serena

The main problem I have with signing Rabiot is the very real possibility that he'll be forced into the lineup for the next 7-10 years no matter how well or poorly he performs, and Arthur, Alena, and any other talented young midfielder we have coming through will we walled off. Especially with Valverde in charge.

This could potentially cripple our midfield right when it looked like it could start to develop into something.

Trickykid

The main problem I have with signing Rabiot is the very real possibility that he'll be forced into the lineup for the next 7-10 years no matter how well or poorly he performs, and Arthur, Alena, and any other talented young midfielder we have coming through will we walled off. Especially with Valverde in charge.

This could potentially cripple our midfield right when it looked like it could start to develop into something.

7 to 10 years?! Really? I honestly couldn't name a single modern day player who's been in the lineup for that long not on merit. Why would it be that extreme with Rabiot? I mean, 1 to 3 years or so, sure, as he would need a decent amount of time to prove his worth, but 7-9 years sounds absurd. Besides, if he's such a brat as he's being made out to be, there's no chance he would ever accept a situation like that of Gomes' who never plays under EV.

Nah man, if Rabiot comes and sticks around for 7-9 years, it's most definitely because he turned out a succes.

Birdy

It's a detrimental move if it happens:

i) They are selling him because they (and first of all Tuchel) think they can replace him with better players. We will be doing them a favor especially if the price they want to sell is around 40m

ii) We have players better than him. Whatever he can do with the ball can be done by Sergio, Rakitic and of course Arthur. Let alone that Frankie De Jong, who is a much better prospect, is better than him in terms of movement and handling the ball

iii) He canNOT do what we are in desperate need of: players that cover fast ground and provide a lot of interceptions,players that can play next to Sergio by complementing his lack of mobility and defensive skill.
Some sane mind must direct our transfer policy.
We have the no1 player in providing all the above (Kante) that might be available for around 80-100m this summer, and we are looking elsewhere at other low tier directions

God Serena

7 to 10 years?! Really? I honestly couldn't name a single modern day player who's been in the lineup for that long not on merit. Why would it be that extreme with Rabiot? I mean, 1 to 3 years or so, sure, as he would need a decent amount of time to prove his worth, but 7-9 years sounds absurd. Besides, if he's such a brat as he's being made out to be, there's no chance he would ever accept a situation like that of Gomes' who never plays under EV.

Nah man, if Rabiot comes and sticks around for 7-9 years, it's most definitely because he turned out a succes.

That was an exaggeration, I won't deny that. Honestly not sure why I looked at the shelf life of his entire career and considered him staying that long a possibility. My main worry is just him blocking Alena and Arthur and I went a bit over the top.

But Gomes doesn't *never* play under Valverde. He was the one player Valverde counted on to save the day when we were bowing out of the CL in spectacular fashion. He's our secret weapon. I'm sure Rabiot would love that. *shrug*

Trickykid

That was an exaggeration, I won't deny that. Honestly not sure why I looked at the shelf life of his entire career and considered him staying that long a possibility. My main worry is just him blocking Alena and Arthur and I went a bit over the top.

But Gomes doesn't *never* play under Valverde. He was the one player Valverde counted on to save the day when we were bowing out of the CL in spectacular fashion. He's our secret weapon. I'm sure Rabiot would love that. *shrug*

Fair enough.

About Gomes, I think he was our out-field squad player with the fewest minutes last season. But yeah, that CL game was as odd a decision as EV's ever made. I have no doubt that it won't have helped Gomes' case in regards to winning over EV for the up coming season, though.

Donatello

RIP Arthur and Alena.

It was a good one day and month.

I give this two years before everyone on this forum wants him out.

Its not happening, unless its official.

He isn't the best we could get, but definitely not a bad bu if its around 30-35M.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

France may well win the WC Sunday. I doubt Rabiot is itching to leave Paris. His mother, however? I'm sure she's ready to move on.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
France may well win the WC Sunday. I doubt Rabiot is itching to leave Paris. His mother, however? I'm sure she's ready to move on.

This doesn't make any sense whatsoever. So if France wins the WC , Rabiot will decide to stay in PSG ? Huh ?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans