World Cup 2018

Morten

I can't see Croatia with their tired legs withstanding Mbappe's pace and Kante's energy . would be glad if they prove me wrong . Deschamps is a donkey ,but have kante and Pogba in their engine room to stifle any attack . Since 1998 Golden ball has been awarded to the best player of the losing team . So congrats Lukita . It would be a travesty if that donkey Griezmann wins it for 3 fluke goals just like in last Euro's , were Pepe was robbed off

As long as Mbappe and Griez keeps passing it to the lamp post upfront, they should survive, Giroud is where counter attacks goes to die.

RMU ReBorn

These EPL Fanboys are literally made up.

I have never seen any of these on here or redcafe. Nearly all of us are reasonable, the only deluded fans from EPL are liverpool fans.

There is such things as Messi Fanboys how ever and they wouldn't even care about Barca if he left. Its embarrasing.
yeah that's why Messi is getting trolled everytime Argentina loses . England is no different . They will be getting their share of hate and trolls for all the shit they have been spouting across social media .

RMU ReBorn

As long as Mbappe and Griez keeps passing it to the lamp post upfront, they should survive, Giroud is where counter attacks goes to die.
But they have enough fire power to score one even if Giroud misses back to back sitters . Modric was dead tired ,i wonder if he can withstand relentless pressing from Kante .

Joan

I'm sorry but we really don't have one of the best squads in the world. We've got Kane, who is the only world-class player (and even he is a Ronaldo-type finisher rather than a creative player, so he goes missing when there's no service), and then some decent-to-good players around him. The media were saying this was the "worst England squad for decades", precisely because of the lack of Gerrard, Rooney, Terry, Ferdinand, Scholes, Lampard, Cole, Owen, Beckham - genuinely world-class players we had from 2000-2012 (incidentally those guys achieved nothing for England). Our squad now simply can't compete on a personnel level with Spain, France, Brazil, Belgium, Germany, and so on.

:lol: Ok, you are right, not one of the best, but close. Kane, Alli, Stones, Trippier, Sterling, Walker are all great players. And others did well, you have a team, nothing worse than our (Croatian) squad.

Anyways, not important right now. Believe you'll do good in the future, they're a team, not bunch of individuals.

Love! :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
I'm sorry but we really don't have one of the best squads in the world. We've got Kane, who is the only world-class player (and even he is a Ronaldo-type finisher rather than a creative player, so he goes missing when there's no service), and then some decent-to-good players around him. The media were saying this was the "worst England squad for decades", precisely because of the lack of Gerrard, Rooney, Terry, Ferdinand, Scholes, Lampard, Cole, Owen, Beckham - genuinely world-class players we had from 2000-2012 (incidentally those guys achieved nothing for England). Our squad now simply can't compete on a personnel level with Spain, France, Brazil, Belgium, Germany, and so on.

They can. This team is far better mentally than the teams of that dreaded 2000-2012 era precisely because they don't think too much of themselves, which is a better groundwork. All they need is a consistent way to score from open play that would make great teams respect your style. Set pieces and aerial play cannot be your main threat.

West Saxon

They can. This team is far better mentally than the teams of that dreaded 2000-2012 era precisely because they don't think too much of themselves, which is a better groundwork. All they need is a consistent way to score from open play that would make great teams respect your style. Set pieces and aerial play cannot be your main threat.
I know, I agree with you. We are a better team now, but the individuals we have now are not even close to the ones we had then.

Kinda makes me sad to think what Southgate might have achieved if he had got his hands on Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard, Owen, Terry, Scholes...

West Saxon

:lol: Ok, you are right, not one of the best, but close. Kane, Alli, Stones, Trippier, Sterling, Walker are all great players. And others did well, you have a team, nothing worse than our (Croatian) squad.

Anyways, not important right now. Believe you'll do good in the future, they're a team, not bunch of individuals.

Love! :lol:
Yep, we have a good team, but not great individuals. I'm proud of everyone involved.

And congrats to your team. You deserved to win tonight and I sincerely hope you win the final. :hooray:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This time I watched at home with my 4 y.o. son. Only thing in this world that can beat watching at main square. What can I say, he is still awake :veryhappy:

Our players are fighters. 3rd time they come back to win! Their spirit and will made me proud.

Thanx everyone for kind words!

Morten

I know, I agree with you. We are a better team now, but the individuals we have now are not even close to the ones we had then.

Kinda makes me sad to think what Southgate might have achieved if he had got his hands on Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard, Owen, Terry, Scholes...

Who is to say he would have achieved anything different in the 2000s with the players you just mentioned?
Part of the beauty in having a "workhorse squad" is that there wont be any big egos, Southgate would have had to deal with the egos of Gerrard, Rooney, Terry etc. if he was coach back then, and probably would have failed like everyone else did.

West Saxon

Who is to say he would have achieved anything different in the 2000s with the players you just mentioned?
Part of the beauty in having a "workhorse squad" is that there wont be any big egos, Southgate would have had to deal with the egos of Gerrard, Rooney, Terry etc. if he was coach back then, and probably would have failed like everyone else did.
True, although the second part of Southgate's success is his faith in the ability of the players to be able to play attacking football. For the whole of that period, we played a rigid 4-4-2 with long balls and defensive football, when we had players capable of playing so much more attractively. I remember in 2010 when Capello had a team with Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney in it playing for a draw vs Algeria, I mean, what the fuck!? There is no way Southgate would play like that with those players. No way.

Stoichkov1

These EPL Fanboys are literally made up.

I have never seen any of these on here or redcafe. Nearly all of us are reasonable, the only deluded fans from EPL are liverpool fans.

There is such things as Messi Fanboys how ever and they wouldn't even care about Barca if he left. Its embarrasing.

Redcafe is a cesspool.

Plenty of people there think that Ronaldo>Messi because Ronaldo played in England and Messi didn't.

Home of Barca Fans