Yerry Mina

messi010

Lenglet is a better option than Mina based on his European and La Liga experience alone. If he doesn't succeed we can try again. Mina is good for set pieces but his footwork and positioning are still not at the level required for Barca.

He's not good enough for Barca or not good enough in general? Because you have clearly stated in the past that the guy was garbage. Keep that same energy

Cule4life

The Culest
But like what the actual fuck does that have to do with any single thing I've said about him? Every single thing I've said about Mina is in reference to him as a player for us. I couldn't care less about if he goes elsewhere.

That's exactly why he was asking what you think of him in general not just as a Barca player. And the sentence after that answers his question--You seem to be only interested in bashing him and not in trying to debate if he maybe would be better in other teams.

He has no argument, he has no merit, and he has no reason to be respected as if he does. 4 posts and he wants to talk shit to me like he knows me or something? Get real :lol:

That's like a politician saying to his constituents that they can't question him cos they haven't been elected like him. That's generally a sign of when you have lost the argument and throwing temper tantrums to divert from the issue.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
As for Mina then he would probably do a lot better in a team like Juve or Atletico. Kinda made to play for such teams with his size and strength. He's a good guy. I like the passion he plays with and his fun personality, but if we get a very good offer we should probably sell him.

Last edited:

Nothanks

i don't think he would fit in atletico all that much tbh, atletico's center backs are primarily limited defenders whose sole job is to reduce goals, (which comes with being great in the air whether it's defending or attacking a goal)

mina in the other hands gets a bit carried away and plays like a defensive / center mid when in possession, but his defending seems to be his weak point.. and for a centerback that's a bit crucial

i still like the option of keeping him as 4th cb, especially if it keeps william away from the club

cro-man

The importance of having someone who is strong in the air and can score from corners etc... makes me realize that it would be a mistake to sell him especially after watching wc. Even if he is just on the bench he could be a weapon. 25m is nothing these days and he deserves atleast a chance to prove himself. If he doesnt work out we can still sell him and get some money maybe not 25+ but it would be worth a try....

Barcilliant

What is wrong with keeping him as 3rd or 4th cb next season?

At least he is a threat in an area we are notoriously deficient in. Other teams score from set pieces or aerielly for fun while we only have one way to get the ball into the net.

Felipetonelo

Keep him to use in special moments, like in CL hard games or against parked buses. Knowing that Barca lacks so much in the air, both offensive and in defense, it would be a weird decision to let him go.

Not saying that he have lots of quality as a center back, but he adds a different dimension to Barca's team.

God Serena

His usefulness in the air doesn't provide us with anything because our style of play doesn't involve relying on crosses to score goals. Even in the dark days of Alves and Alba crossing every time they got the ball, those crosses were never intended to actually do anything.

serghei

His usefulness in the air doesn't provide us with anything because our style of play doesn't involve relying on crosses to score goals. Even in the dark days of Alves and Alba crossing every time they got the ball, those crosses were never intended to actually do anything.

Hmm... maybe instead of keeping the ball for 75% and creating 3 chances in 90 mins, we should actually use our possession to create more danger in the box. Crossing is a good weapon. Madrid won 3 CLs with crosses and set pieces mostly.

gasgas

so you are a proponent of one dimensional football :thinking:

Home of Barca Fans