7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

M

MessiCam

Cristiano was targeted still banged 3

Geez, Ronaldo sees nowhere near the amount of attention from the opposition that Neymar and Messi does. He is not skilful enough to warrant that type of attention. When Portugal played Iceland in the Euro’s they went as far as not even marking him. True story.

Ronaldo scores a hatrick and now he is the next best thing to sliced bread. His performance was outstanding but it certainly doesn’t warrant the attention it’s been getting with comparisons to Maradona vs England in 1986.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Geez, Ronaldo sees nowhere near the amount of attention from the opposition that Neymar and Messi does. He is not skilful enough to warrant that type of attention. When Portugal played Iceland in the Euro’s they went as far as not even marking him. True story.

Ronaldo scores a hatrick and now he is the next best thing to sliced bread. His performance was outstanding but it certainly doesn’t warrant the attention it’s been getting with comparisons to Maradona vs England in 1986.
utter bs

JamDav1982

Ronaldo doesnt receive less attention and Iceland played exactly same way yesterday as did v Portugal and as they do against every team.

The difference is what Ronaldo does is more difficult to stop with 3/4 men as it is more about movement.

Absolutely fuck all to do with him being less a threat it is the type of threat he is.

Isco is not more clutch than Coutinho ffs and that is up there with the claim from MessiCam that Denis is as good a midfielder as Coutinho....

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Yeah, nice way to have a conversation.

He is striker, he is not a creator, sees waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy less of the ball than Messi and Neymar. Why would they mark him in numbers?

Because he is a goal machine and the most likely player to score in every game. Thus why he does get marked in numbers every game, but it does not stop him from scoring.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Because he is a goal machine and the most likely player to score in every game. Thus why he does get marked in numbers every game, but it does not stop him from scoring.

He doesn't get marked in numbers like being triple teamed consistently because he plays a way more advanced position and doing that around the box would be retarded.

Had he still been a winger unable to beat a player 1v1 consistently like right now no team would push players from other positions to him.

Says more about his position and role than him though obviously.

Can praise him, but let's not try to rewrite the narrative here and what actually happens on the pitch.

M

MessiCam

Ronaldo doesnt receive less attention and Iceland played exactly same way yesterday as did v Portugal and as they do against every team.

The difference is what Ronaldo does is more difficult to stop with 3/4 men as it is more about movement.

Absolutely fuck all to do with him being less a threat it is the type of threat he is.

Isco is not more clutch than Coutinho ffs and that is up there with the claim from MessiCam that Denis is as good a midfielder as Coutinho....
You’re talking out your ass... Iceland didn’t mark him specifically at all but he still complained about Iceland after the match.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/14/portugal-iceland-euro-2016-match-report

Cristiano Ronaldo: 4.5/10

Iceland’s tactic of not marking him manually worked to perfection. He missed a couple of headers and wasted a free-kick late on. Otherwise, Iceland defenders did a fabulous job in shutting down the main man. Proceeded to complain about Iceland during a post-match interview.

https://m.sportskeeda.com/football/euro-2016-portugal-1-1-iceland-player-ratings-2

In general he is afforded a lot more space than players like Messi and Neymar. I don’t even know why this is a debate.

Regarding that clutch post. I did it specifically to wind you up and sent Serghei a message about it because you’re Coutinho’s great defender here.

JamDav1982

You’re talking out your ass... Iceland didn’t mark him specifically at all but he still complained about Iceland after the match.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/14/portugal-iceland-euro-2016-match-report

https://m.sportskeeda.com/football/euro-2016-portugal-1-1-iceland-player-ratings-2

In general he is afforded a lot more space than players like Messi and Neymar. I don’t even know why this is a debate.

Regarding that clutch post. I did it specifically to wind you up and sent Serghei a message about it because you’re Coutinho’s great defender here.

You are lying again.... where have I claimed Iceland man marked him? Iceland play their shape and dont man mark anyone for most part and never did with Messi yesterday either.

Ronaldo is not 'afforded more space' he is just not the type of player that looks to get on ball as much when teams like Iceland are sitting that deep he looks to get in the box and be on end of things.

Aye I am Coutinhos great defender from likes of you that claim 'Denis is as good' 'Coutinho is inconsistent and flashy' 'Coutinho is not world class' etc.

You dont have a clue.

M

MessiCam

He doesn't get marked in numbers like being triple teamed consistently because he plays a way more advanced position and doing that around the box would be retarded.

Had he still been a winger unable to beat a player 1v1 consistently like right now no team would push players from other positions to him.

Can praise him, but let's not try to rewrite the narrative here and what actually happens on the pitch.
I really don’t know why this is even debatable but I guess it fits their narrative of shitting on Messi by making Ronaldo look good.

Fuck man, 1 good game in the World Cup and he is the man with the golden gun.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Didn't imply that he has personal markers on him, that is suicide in modern game. He is not nearly as free as people like to think, defenders follow him everywhere, he tends to lose them with anticipation and off the ball feints.

Here is an example, Messi rarely tries something like this, he is often static:
https://streamable.com/pl0r7

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

You are lying again.... where have I claimed Iceland man marked him? Iceland play their shape and dont man mark anyone for most part and never did with Messi yesterday either.
Here...
And no they didn’t man mark Messi they marked him in numbers which is something that they didn’t do against Ronaldo.

Ronaldo is not 'afforded more space' he is just not the type of player that looks to get on ball as much when teams like Iceland are sitting that deep he looks to get in the box and be on end of things.
Thank you. He isn’t taken care of by 3 - 4 players due to him being a striker and not being in the ball as I said in my initial post.

Aye I am Coutinhos great defender from likes of you that claim 'Denis is as good' 'Coutinho is inconsistent and flashy' 'Coutinho is not world class' etc.
I stand by what I said.

You dont have a clue.
Clearly it is you that doesn’t have a clue... You argue for argument sake.

Luckily I’ve learned not to get worked up by the shit you spew every other day.

M

MessiCam

Didn't imply that he has personal markers on him, that is suicide in modern game. He is not nearly as free as people like to think, defenders follow him everywhere, he tends to lose them with anticipation and off the ball feints.

Here is an example, Messi rarely tries something like this, he is often static:
https://streamable.com/pl0r7
They’re not going to assign 3-4 players to take care of him because he is a striker. He doesn’t receive the attention that Neymar and Messi does.

You called it bullshit without thinking it through.

Home of Barca Fans