Luis Suárez

Sorin

With the same amount of points we finished second last year. Finished 14 points ahead. Just shows you how inconsistent the likes of Atleti and especially Real have been this season.

henias

We are what?

Miles behind the top teams of europe.

If the domestic double is what is creating a misleading picture to you about us, I reccomend you wake up. The roma upset wasn't a blip we are just very mediocre for a top team.

That's right, the domestic double is just a facade of all the problems we have. La Liga this season is more of Real and Atleti having a hitch.

Next season when there are less factors of luck, more of sheer competition, let's see how EV can deal with the pressure, and I reckon it would be so much harder for him next season if Real steps on the gas next season.

Anyone would be happy with the double, no doubt, but just because of the temporary silverware, if one decides to ignore the problems we have then go ahead, keep deceiving yourselves and call out on people being pessimists or spoiled fans. And then when the results dont come next season, tell everyone that Valverde has absolutely no fault.

Judging by how EV "the yes man" handles the squad, I honestly dont know how can anyone be optimistic about anything. Griezmann and Arthur coming is obviously a good thing, but any decision that comes after that is very questionable.

Andrew M

With the same amount of points we finished second last year. Finished 14 points ahead. Just shows you how inconsistent the likes of Atleti and especially Real have been this season.

I don't really think it's a useful stat. The Levante game, for example, would never have happened had the title been riding on it.

Givenchy

Miles behind the top teams of europe.

If the domestic double is what is creating a misleading picture to you about us, I reccomend you wake up. The roma upset wasn't a blip we are just very mediocre for a top team.

admittedly we aren't anywhere near where we were but how can we be miles behind top teams in europe. who have betters players than us?
top teams in Europe:

Bayern, Liverpool, City, PSG, Madrid, Juve, Atleti

of those teams only City and Madrid have arguably better players and even then, we are still capable of beating Madrid

Neymessi

admittedly we aren't anywhere near where we were but how can we be miles behind top teams in europe. who have betters players than us?
top teams in Europe:

Bayern, Liverpool, City, PSG, Madrid, Juve, Atleti

of those teams only City and Madrid have arguably better players and even then, we are still capable of beating Madrid

If only better players equated to success.

Liverpool are pretty crap for a top team on paper but watch them play and they do look like a team who can attack. And you watch us and most of the times you will fall asleep only to be woken up the commentrator going crazy for some individual messi beauty changing the game.

Sorin

I don't really think it's a useful stat. The Levante game, for example, would never have happened had the title been riding on it.

Not an useful stat but it does paint a better picture of what really happened in this season. All the media and fans were caught in the hype of the invincible season. You always heard "not even Pep did that" or every other cliched "great team" narrative. The reality was far, far away from that. You could argue that every Lucho season was better or equal to this one. In terms of style that is.

Anyway, this season is over. Let's see if EV can improve the quality of our play in the next season even if we lose the odd game here and there.

Barca83

Banned
I know a lot of people here are writing Suarez off after some of his performances this season but do you think there's a chance he could regain a bit of form if he's rested more this season? He started 49 games last season despite struggling with a knee injury for the first several months. If a forward like Griezmann comes in over the Summer and Suarez's starts are reduced to say 25-30 matches, could that revitalize him a bit?

M

MessiCam

I know a lot of people here are writing Suarez off after some of his performances this season but do you think there's a chance he could regain a bit of form if he's rested more this season? He started 49 games last season despite struggling with a knee injury for the first several months. If a forward like Griezmann comes in over the Summer and Suarez's starts are reduced to say 25-30 matches, could that revitalize him a bit?
More than anything else. The competition for a spot will revitalise him...

Alik

He might get revitalized a bit, but as he gets older the trend is to get worse not better. Also, now would be the best moment to cash in on him.

Messi983

Reducing his starts from 50 to 25-30 won't happen. He'll probably still start around 40 games and be a first sub in most games when he'll be on the bench. But I think he'll be subbed off more often in around 60-70 minute if we'll have someone like Griezmann or Dembele on the bench.

The same should happen with Messi too in games we're leading with 2+ goals.

FinBarcelonafan

You think Valverde would cut minutes from Suarez and Messi? Good luck with that. He doesn't like big squad and he likes to overplay the starting eleven, so we are going to be completely exhausted by February 2019. You can quote me on this 2019 February.

Last season he had so many options to rest players but he never gave them rest and at the end we dropped out of CL because of that(and shitty tactics obv.). Same problem with Enrique. I think the biggest problem is trying to win the 3 competitions. Fuck Copa. Been there done that. Treble is not just going to happen with key players in their thirties. They NEED rest..

Last edited:

GOAT_SUAREZ

You think Valverde would cut minutes from Suarez and Messi? Good luck with that. He doesn't like big squad and he likes to overplay the starting eleven, so we are going to be completely exhausted by February 2019. You can quote me on this 2019 February.

Last season he had so many options to rest players but he never gave them rest and at the end we dropped out of CL because of that(and shitty tactics obv.). Same problem with Enrique. I think the biggest problem is trying to win the 3 competitions. Fuck Copa. Been there done that. Treble is not just going to happen with key players in their thirties. They NEED rest..

BARCA had shit bench last year. If we upgrade more rest will happen. also we need to say fuck Copa

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm no nutritionist or physical trainer, but according to FIFA he weighed in at 85kg at 1.82m.

It looks like that's 4-5 kg more than what he was at Liverpool in 2014. He's gotten older too obviously and most athletes cut weight then rather than add more. That might have something to do with his physical problems.

Home of Barca Fans