Paulinho

God Serena

Now some one will come here and say he was the reason behind our loss today :D

I mean, we did lose control of the midfield in the first leg immediately after he came on, which was shortly followed by the away goal that ultimately sent us home.

But you brought it up, not me...

Messi91

Now some one will come here and say he was the reason behind our loss today :D

No but signings like his and too many players of his ability being at the club is behind the loss.

Barca should have a world class midfield. We have a very average midfield.

MTL_Barca

I don't think this guy should be a Barca player but the game yesterday was one where he could've been very useful

clemente

Should have played yesterday, would have probably have caught some of these long balls our defence was smashing all game long.

abiabi

We signed Paulinho because we obviously lacked muscle and grit in away games @ Europe last year. Following the example of Casemiro, Kante etc.

But we play him against parked bus teams at Camp Nou where he is at his weakest, and IN THE GAME WE NEEDED this type of player, we bench him. Wtf.

Senador Romario

Some here are still living with this delusion about "Barca DNA". Its 2018. You will not win he champions league with "Barca DNA" anymore, not even with Pep Guardiola in the bench. You need at least one midfielder with muscles and able to score goals.

Barcelona had generational talents like Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, and THIS is the reason why the club is winning in the last decades.

In some years Messi will retire.Then lets see how many titles Barca can win with that rondo of midgets.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Paulinho is not that midfielder so I don't see the point of you posting that in this thread. He has absolutely no positional awareness.

Paulinho is not that midfielder so I don't see the point of you posting that in this thread. He has absolutely no positional awareness.
Our biggest problem against roma was that our midfield was being man handled physically by the roma players. everytime we got the ball they pushed our players of the ball, dont you think Paulinho would have beenn useful in this case? he has a physical presence in the midfield that no other player in our squad has.. the tactics valverde implemented in the game against roma which was to basically park the bus needs a player in the midfield who can hold the ball using his body, do the dirty work of the team, something iniesta, roberto, busquets and rakitic cant do. It also needed a fast forward in order to get something out of the long balls and counter attacks, if only we had a fast forward in our squad.. maybe sommeone like dembele..

BTW i cant believe im talking about barca parking the bus, never thought i would be doing this, specially againnst a team like roma

Jombi

Our biggest problem against roma was that our midfield was being man handled physically by the roma players. everytime we got the ball they pushed our players of the ball, dont you think Paulinho would have beenn useful in this case? he has a physical presence in the midfield that no other player in our squad has.. the tactics valverde implemented in the game against roma which was to basically park the bus needs a player in the midfield who can hold the ball using his body, do the dirty work of the team, something iniesta, roberto, busquets and rakitic cant do. It also needed a fast forward in order to get something out of the long balls and counter attacks, if only we had a fast forward in our squad.. maybe sommeone like dembele..

BTW i cant believe im talking about barca parking the bus, never thought i would be doing this, specially againnst a team like roma

If Valverde actually believed we needed a physical donkey in the lineup, I'm sure he would start him. Paulinho is a very erratic midfielder and isnt disciplined enough so its understandable that he's not used.

If Valverde actually believed we needed a physical donkey in the lineup, I'm sure he would start him. Paulinho is a very erratic midfielder and isnt disciplined enough so its understandable that he's not used.
quick question, if you were the barcelona coach, you had a choice to sub in either gomes or paulinho being down 2-0 against roma which would you bring on?

JamDav1982

Paulinho should have played and been there to press up closer to Messi and Suarez.

Barca have probably played strongest games like that this season.

He could not have been worse than any of the midfielders and can press off ball at least.

Jombi

quick question, if you were the barcelona coach, you had a choice to sub in either gomes or paulinho being down 2-0 against roma which would you bring on?

Its embarrassing that a club like Barca even have to be in that position to be honest. But yeah, Paulinho is better than Gomes if that is what you are asking, but it was a defensive substitution by Valverde most likely, as Paulinho is very undisciplined.

People overrating him now that we lost.

Happens every time we get dominated. People speculate about how subbing in one shit player was a mistake (Gomes) and another shit player (Paulinho) should've been subbed on instead.

The truth is shit players are shit players any way you break it down.

Paulinho is a clueless box camper hiding under the guise of CM due to his physical appearance and that alone. He is clueless positionally, is good for committing reckless fouls, loses almost every duel he's involved in and rarely uses his physicality.

We saw how useful he is in CL away matches when he was the worst player on the pitch by far at Stamford bridge.

Get real, he would've changed nothing and was a horrible purchase in the summer.

If we had subbed him on instead of Gomes we would've faced the exact same fate and people would be in Gomes thread right now talking about how he's so much better than Paulinho and could've provided us control.

In reality it was the other way around so people are in here talking about how we need his so called "physicality" and athletic ability.

Get real, he's shit. So is Gomes.

Cule4life

The Culest
Can't believe im saying this but he should have played against Roma. He couldn't have been worse than others in ball retention and his physicality would have helped. Valverde abandoned his workhorse in crunch time. Says it all really.

He might not have changed anything but couldnt have been worse than Gomes.

Home of Barca Fans