CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

LeeRomeno

This is the first time you have made a point about lucho apart from trophies after like 20 posts. Yes you could argue he dispensed tiki taka and made it more direct but that stayed for like one year when we played efficiently under him, apart from that there were really bad tactics all around. Bad lineups, bad buildup play bad everything. If one player plays shit then the player is shit, but when the team is shit as a unit then the coach is to blame. So yes when we used to play shit with such a good team, he was definitely responsible. We played great under him for like a year in the second half of treble season and the next 6 months after that. Apart from that we were worse than a team of our caliber would be expected to play. With a great squad like us he still made us play like shit with his terrible lineups and bad gameplay. We could have EASILY won the la liga last year had he not started such insanse lineups consistently not once but all season long. His juventus tactics and lineups weren't on point either. He gave a total of one year of consistently good football. Even in the treble season he was horrible in the first 6 months. As I said, he wasn't shit, he was average, nothing more than that at all.

The thing is when you are a good coach chances are you will win big so there aren't many examples there but simeone, sampaoli, tuchel and klopp are some cases off the top of my head. When you talk about coaches who won a lot but aren't that great then lucho and zidane come to mind. You say it is impossible to know if lucho was average? Create a poll here with 3 options as special, okayish and shit and see it for yourself. I can't get over the fact that you gave me the link of the shedend forum where like 90% of the fans there did not want him at all and you tried to quote the 10% who were naive. Literally no fan of a big team would want him as a coach. Its only your delusion thinking he is special. Pep had a bit of tiki taka to its bayern style and hence it became a bit less visually pleasing but it was still very very good, just like it is in manc now. Why don't you ask your 3 bayern friends if they would have taken lucho after ancelotti left had jupp not been available?

You keep dodging the point that you are a minority when it comes to thinking he was a great coach, you are someone who thinks scolari was a brilliant coach because of his WC trophy (LOL) and you don't answer why you are even arguing against me if you believe this is a subjective opinion.

Rofl, way to twist words again, I seriously have hard time understanding what kind of medical condition you are suffering from, but that is just weird. Where exactly have I claimed that Lucho was "special" or perfect in any sense? My claim was that average coaches do not win trebles and they dont. Your mention of Zidane being "average" after guy turned Benitez's horrible performing squad to CL champs and then giving CL their most successful season ever just shows what a fcking moron you are. Spoiled idiot, who cannot see the big picture but instead keeps focusing on subjective "i did not like his subs" "barcelona should win all trophies every season while playing perfectly" theme. We played terribly (while losing La Liga with 1 point), yet won an average of 2 major trophies per year with Lucho. Yes massive underachievement.
I did ask my Bayern fan friends who they wanted as coach, Jupp was massively favored as they gave them their only treble in history, yet also failing to win even Bundesliga in his first season. Being great coach does not mean u have to be great at all times without doing any mistakes, that is just plain stupid thinking.
I asked you to give me coaches WHO HAVE NOT WON ANYTHING, but you consider them great. Simeone has won 5 trophies with Europa League, La Liga and Copa Del Rey being major ones. That is quite an achievement from coach leading Atletico Madrid considering everyhing. Sampaoli has won Copa America, but as a club coach he has not really been impressive. Another example of how different club and international coach tasks are. Tuchel also won DFB Pokal, but compared to Klopp I do not think he is as great coach and as far as I remember, most of fans see his time with quite mixed reviews in Dortmund. Klopp fcking won Bundesliga twice ahead of Bayern + other trophies.
So still waiting for trophyless "great coaches".
How bloody hard is it to understand the fact that the achievement of winning something makes one great. It is not the only thing, but how can you claim that a great coach in charge of great club or nation is truly great if he does not perform what he is hired for and that is winning trophies. There are other cases, like turning an average squad into winning squad or improving position of the squad massively etc, but we are talking about the top of the top and Lucho definitely delivered what he was asked for and his mistakes do not raise that from history.
I can't get over the fact that you gave me the link of the shedend forum where like 90% of the fans there did not want him at all
Not surprised as you are an idiot. You gave me task that you claimed was not possible and I delivered that task in couple of minutes. That is it, i honestly dont give a shit about Chelsea or what their fans think.
You keep dodging the point that you are a minority when it comes to thinking he was a great coach, you are someone who thinks scolari was a brilliant coach because of his WC trophy (LOL) and you don't answer why you are even arguing against me if you believe this is a subjective opinion.
Really, a minority? There are around 160 million supporters for Barcelona, please find me a way how to determine fair and square how they think about Lucho lol. Forums like this do no matter at all as they consist of hardcore fans who most often want player sold after couple of bad games, would change coach with a blink of an eye if they dont play their favored players in their favored lineup and always know best right.
Also where exactly did I say Scolari is a brilliant coach. Wtf are you on? I said he is great national team coach in early 00s because he delivered WC to Brazil and was close with Portugal in Euros. Thats it, he sucked in Chelsea and although doing fine in WC in Brazil had that humiliating loss against Germany. Dont know anything else about him, never cared for Brazil football to dig more into it.

Neymessi

Rofl, way to twist words again, I seriously have hard time understanding what kind of medical condition you are suffering from, but that is just weird. Where exactly have I claimed that Lucho was "special" or perfect in any sense? My claim was that average coaches do not win trebles and they dont. Your mention of Zidane being "average" after guy turned Benitez's horrible performing squad to CL champs and then giving CL their most successful season ever just shows what a fcking moron you are. Spoiled idiot, who cannot see the big picture but instead keeps focusing on subjective "i did not like his subs" "barcelona should win all trophies every season while playing perfectly" theme. We played terribly (while losing La Liga with 1 point), yet won an average of 2 major trophies per year with Lucho. Yes massive underachievement.
I did ask my Bayern fan friends who they wanted as coach, Jupp was massively favored as they gave them their only treble in history, yet also failing to win even Bundesliga in his first season. Being great coach does not mean u have to be great at all times without doing any mistakes, that is just plain stupid thinking.
I asked you to give me coaches WHO HAVE NOT WON ANYTHING, but you consider them great. Simeone has won 5 trophies with Europa League, La Liga and Copa Del Rey being major ones. That is quite an achievement from coach leading Atletico Madrid considering everyhing. Sampaoli has won Copa America, but as a club coach he has not really been impressive. Another example of how different club and international coach tasks are. Tuchel also won DFB Pokal, but compared to Klopp I do not think he is as great coach and as far as I remember, most of fans see his time with quite mixed reviews in Dortmund. Klopp fcking won Bundesliga twice ahead of Bayern + other trophies.
So still waiting for trophyless "great coaches".
How bloody hard is it to understand the fact that the achievement of winning something makes one great. It is not the only thing, but how can you claim that a great coach in charge of great club or nation is truly great if he does not perform what he is hired for and that is winning trophies. There are other cases, like turning an average squad into winning squad or improving position of the squad massively etc, but we are talking about the top of the top and Lucho definitely delivered what he was asked for and his mistakes do not raise that from history.

Not surprised as you are an idiot. You gave me task that you claimed was not possible and I delivered that task in couple of minutes. That is it, i honestly dont give a shit about Chelsea or what their fans think.

Really, a minority? There are around 160 million supporters for Barcelona, please find me a way how to determine fair and square how they think about Lucho lol. Forums like this do no matter at all as they consist of hardcore fans who most often want player sold after couple of bad games, would change coach with a blink of an eye if they dont play their favored players in their favored lineup and always know best right.
Also where exactly did I say Scolari is a brilliant coach. Wtf are you on? I said he is great national team coach in early 00s because he delivered WC to Brazil and was close with Portugal in Euros. Thats it, he sucked in Chelsea and although doing fine in WC in Brazil had that humiliating loss against Germany. Dont know anything else about him, never cared for Brazil football to dig more into it.

You are an idiot and honestly its getting tiring now. I never claimed that you claimed lucho was perfect but you did imply he was special since you quoted me calling him average and debated for pages over it. So why are you arguing with me over it if you don't think he isn't special? You think he is just a bit better than average or what? In my opinion zidane isn't special by any means. He is just way better than benitez and knows how to effectively play to RM's strength and thats it. RM haven't been that great anyway under him considering the fact that they won 2 back to back cl's. But yet again you provided no other argument in favor of zidane apart from that he "won a lot". You can bet my hairy left nut that if zidane was the coach of manu or chelsea which aren't small clubs mind you he would have been lucky to win the epl. Not calling him shit though, just nothing great. Also its pretty hypocritical that you say I am twisting words and then proceed to do so yourself. I never claimed we should win all 3 trophies all season you dumbfuck. If we win a domestic double by playing satisfactorily no one would be unhappy just like under pep when we did it but playing like shit definitely invites criticism. We lost by 1 point isn't something to be praised about you moron. It just shows that if lucho hadn't consistently started such shitty lineups all season long la liga would have been a piece of cake. Lineups was his dumbest weakeness but his tactics sucked too. We looked so horribly clueless so often.

I didn't ask you to ask your friends that, I told you to ask them if they would have taken lucho if jupp wasn't available. You aren't even reading things properly now. If he was such a great manager because he was a big reason for winning so much he would be all over the media like hot cakes with fans from big clubs desperate to get their hands on him. No one is, and no one cares honestly. And they are all right not to.

Which coach is great but has not won a single trophy? What are you? Stupid? Please don't ask me such questions. Any good coach will have something. When did I claim otherwise? I feel like you just spin the wheel and throw a retarded question at me. Simeone has only won one big trophy in la liga. No cl even though he deserves it and look at their team quality and tactics in general. He is a top coach who hasn't won a lot of silverware. Its not fitting your narrative of good coaches winning big things as a rule so now you are claiming he has won a lot by including copa and europa. Same goes with sampaoli, his teams have played good in general apart from the current argie. He lives and breathes football and his tactics are on point yet he didn't win much. Yes lucho delievered some trophies but that doesn't necessarily mean he did that because he was amazing. He was bang average, our amazing squad is why we won so much, he was just an average manager who was there to not make things worse for us in a nutshell.

You still have a shitty logic of, if he wins trophies ---> automatically a great coach. Look at his shitty lineups, look at our overall gameplay. Our overall game play was ten times better under pep than under lucho. And thats why I consider pep ten times a better manager as lucho, even though they had more or less the same trophies. You get it now?

I never claimed that you can't find a single post out of hundreds of thousands of posts scatterred on the internet that claimed lucho was great but since you have a brain of the size of my hairy left nut you didn't understood that what I meant was that MOST fans of top teams don't want him as the coach. And you gave a link of a thread which had 5 pages where like except 2 guys everyone said lucho is average and that winning trophies is easy at barca because of the squad. You just proved my point my friend. You keep claiming top coaches are judged by their trophy count, but what if the coach is average in actuality but he wins trophies because the squad is great? Does that possibility not even exist in your head?

So basically you can't know what majority of barca fans think because 160 mil is a large number? How do you know most fans hate the current board? How do you know most fans love messi? A general consensus can definitely be made out. You did claim scolari was a great NT coach. He sucked ass in brazil, you keep making me repeat my stance. He delivered a WC because of a godly team and was atrocious when he had a good set of players, not even average but good. So he is a good example how shit coaches can win with a good team. Had he been a coach of that godly brazil team playing club football for 3 years, you can bet my hairy left nut he would have probably won a a lot of trophies too. And you would be claiming that he is a great coach just because he won trophies.

You are really wasting my precious time. All your post is based on that same faulty logic. A treble can also be won with a great squad with an okayish manager. Never happened before lucho but that doesn't mean its impossible.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Willian is in a great form. He looked very good vs United as well. We need to make sure he doesn't have space to make those runs. I wish our midfield was faster..

LeeRomeno

You are an idiot and honestly its getting tiring now. I never claimed that you claimed lucho was perfect but you did imply he was special since you quoted me calling him average and debated for pages over it.

Okey, so you must be one of those people who live in a world where things are either totally crap and awful or average or special and brilliant. Nothing in between. There is a big gap between special and average. Im arguing with you because achievement of winning treble is not fcking average thing an average Joe does more or less every other year. Im not claiming Lucho is the best coach ever or even best coach Barca has had in recent times, but he certainly is not average.

In my opinion zidane isn't special by any means.
Great keep your opinion, his reputation and achievements speak for everyone else involved. Not that I would expect anyone to think highly of RM coaches in Barcelona forum lol.

We lost by 1 point isn't something to be praised about you moron.
Rofl, who did praise him for that? You just claimed that if we win domestic double, that is totally fine with you, yet Lucho "The Average" delivered not only that in 2 years but also won CL and lost the double in last season by just 1 point.

I didn't ask you to ask your friends that, I told you to ask them if they would have taken lucho if jupp wasn't available. You aren't even reading things properly now. If he was such a great manager because he was a big reason for winning so much he would be all over the media like hot cakes with fans from big clubs desperate to get their hands on him. No one is, and no one cares honestly. And they are all right not to.

We can return to this topic when his hiatus is actually over and he is on the market. What you talk now is media not talking about him being linked (although he actually has) with clubs while he has declared he will take a break for a year. That is just dumb.

Which coach is great but has not won a single trophy? What are you? Stupid? Please don't ask me such questions.
Uh, your entire argument is based on trophies not being important to be a good coach, but instead a subjective opinion of some random whiner, now suddenly it is a stupid question. Man, feels like i'm arguing with a minor here.

Its not fitting your narrative of good coaches winning big things as a rule so now you are claiming he has won a lot by including copa and europa. Same goes with sampaoli, his teams have played good in general apart from the current argie. He lives and breathes football and his tactics are on point yet he didn't win much.
No it is perfectly fitting my narrative, before Simeone took over Atletico, they were not even considered a top club. Fact that he turned a mid-table very hectic club into European top club and has actually won La Liga in a period where Barca and Real have dominated it, is massive achievement. Same thing with Klopp pushing Bayern from throne. Neither coaches would be considered great if they didnt actually pull those things. Sampaoli has not won anything as a club coach, his Sevilla was fine until his "fun tactics" were totally found out he crashed spectaculary in second half of last season.

Yes lucho delievered some trophies
No he did not deliver just some trophies, but treble, massively hard achievement in club football in Europe.

You still have a shitty logic of, if he wins trophies ---> automatically a great coach. Look at his shitty lineups, look at our overall gameplay. Our overall game play was ten times better under pep than under lucho. And thats why I consider pep ten times a better manager as lucho, even though they had more or less the same trophies. You get it now?

Nothing shitty about it as it is actually based on something else than random opinion of a random stranger. What you talk about is some shitty lineups in some games, just as Pep struggled in several games and had weird calls, for example entire Ibra saga. Like I have stated many times, for me personally Luchos treble season football was by far more enjoyable and majority of my friends agree with me. Was not as static and boring and more direct. Last season we had of course several issues, which does not raise the good times from history. Yes i get it, you are a biased fanboy, who cannot be reasoned with.

So basically you can't know what majority of barca fans think because 160 mil is a large number? How do you know most fans hate the current board? How do you know most fans love messi? A general consensus can definitely be made out. You did claim scolari was a great NT coach. He sucked ass in brazil, you keep making me repeat my stance. He delivered a WC because of a godly team and was atrocious when he had a good set of players, not even average but good. So he is a good example how shit coaches can win with a good team. Had he been a coach of that godly brazil team playing club football for 3 years, you can bet my hairy left nut he would have probably won a a lot of trophies too. And you would be claiming that he is a great coach just because he won trophies.

If you would have absolutely any idea on how statistics and finding general consensus out works, you would not claim that. Obviously you do not. Most fans hate current board? No most fans do not give a shit about who is in board. Remember what happened last time when someone tried to challenge the board? Most fans dont give a shit. Most loves fans Messi because he is the best player in the squad that they are fans of. Just simple logic here gives you the answer. Also I would argue that most of Messi fans are Messi fans more than Barcelona fans, this is how it usually goes in modern days. When exactly was he atrocious? In 1 game vs Germany? Everything went wrong there + he had no Neymar + it was WC semifinal lol. Are you hating him only because of 1 game?Bwahahah. Are you from Brazil? That would explain alot lol. Also stop talking about Scolari, I have said many times, I dont care about him or Brazil or achievements, but i will until someone else does it remember him as a coach who won the last WC

I still miss Tito! May he rest in peace :(

Just to make it clear if Ernersto delivers a third treble and an undefeated league season he play Vidal, Gomes and Paulinho in the starting eleven for all I care.

booge

Just to make it clear if Ernersto delivers a third treble and an undefeated league season he play Vidal, Gomes and Paulinho in the starting eleven for all I care.

That conte's a bastard. The tactics he used against city was a practise for what will be used against Barca.
I swear down that's what he was doing.

He is going to play for 0-0 beleive it or not and just hope for counter.

Barca need to get lot's of bodies in the box or a messi freekick.

Neeraj

It's crazy how lethal Messi's free kicks are now. If they concede free kicks near the box, it's going to be a hold your breath for everyone.

vlad

That conte's a bastard. The tactics he used against city was a practise for what will be used against Barca.
I swear down that's what he was doing.

He is going to play for 0-0 beleive it or not and just hope for counter.

Barca need to get lot's of bodies in the box or a messi freekick.

Alot of bodys in chelsea box? Thats all conte is hoping for, valverde is smart enough not to make that mistake

Edit: what barca needs to do is go for that first goal but not at all costs, as match will go further chelsea will have to open more and more, but you just cant allow them to score first, then its gonna be though, still have flashbacks from 2012

Last edited:

booge

Alot of bodys in chelsea box? Thats all conte is hoping for, valverde is smart enough not to make that mistake

Edit: what barca needs to do is go for that first goal but not at all costs, as match will go further chelsea will have to open more and more, but you just cant allow them to score first, then its gonna be though, still have flashbacks from 2012

Well I'm not confident because Chelsea will be restricting Barca to long shots. I thought having bodies in the box, getting the cross in, letting chelsea try and clear it and then hit them when the Chelsea players are out of position.

In a way try to "hurry" them abit. I cannot seem to think of a tactic other than that. That's is a tactic Barca don't use!

Barca always struggle against "catenaccio"

Let's hope for three freekicks. Messi could score 1 from three chances.

Home of Barca Fans