Antoine Griezmann

serghei

Must be signed for 100m. Rare opportunity these days... Good age at 27. Can give us 5 great years.

Riordon

Must be signed for 100m. Rare opportunity these days... Good age at 27. Can give us 5 great years.

The 5 great years argument was used when we brought Suarez, he's been shit since middle of last season. Have in mind he was far superior to Griezmann when we brought him. Griezmann will probably decline at 30, actually he is having a very underwhelming season. We should look at Malcom before a big club signs him. Mikel Oyarzabal reminds a lot of Griezmann when he was at Sociedad, could be an option.

Last edited:

serghei

The 5 great years argument was used when we brought Suarez, he's been shit since middle of last season. Have in mind he was far superior to Griezmann when we brought him. Griezmann will probably decline at 30, actually he is having a very underwhelming season. We should look at Malcom before a big club signs him. Mikel Oyarzabal reminds a lot of Griezmann when he was at Sociedad, could be an option.

Griezmann is not like Suarez. He relies more on his football brain rather than his body, and is more technical.

Riordon

Its hypothetical but i doubt Griezmann would give us five good years. Its normal for strikers to decline fast when they hit 30. In terms of quality he is the best option available and I think we will sign him.

Devils

I think 5 years is asking a lot, but while we still have Messi as the best player in the world, I cannot think of a better player to purchase for our attacking line than Griezmann. Finished product, still in his prime and available.

Nothanks

Suarez gave us 3 good years, and before we gave him a contract extension to 2021 (which was a dumb idea) his original contract was going to end in 2019 (so a 5 year contract deal that we'll probably give Antoine)
IF i were manager in this hypothetical where we never gave suarez a contract, I would of attempted to sell him in summer of 2018 with 1 year left to either MLS, China or wherever will give maybe 1/4th the price we paid for him. (20ish million)

which is what we should do with griezman... will we make a loss? sure but the point is to get a prime player ready to improve the team.. would we have won the treble without Suarez? probably not.
clearly it's not an easy decision but this idea of people being scared of giving a 27/28 y/o a 5 year contract isn't a one sided bad solution.

also this is worth case scenario not all plays start declining massively straight at 30/31

Last edited:

SeloBarca

One thing I am sure of is that there is no way we are going to buy Coutinho, Arthur, a CB and Griezmann.

There's a lot of concrete transfer speculation to Barca for each of these players, but no way we get all of them.

Neymar money + sales + transfer budget SHOULD be able to cover it. IF the board doesnt screw up again.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Griezmann will get the opportunity to unlock his full potential in an attacking system too. Played in the rigid, defensive setup of Simeone and the braindead one of Deschamps.

In theory he should be able to do better.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Isn't the Independent a shit source?

Not sure, but Miguel Delaney is quite decent. It's still too early though. For all we know we might decide against signing Griezmann to sign Andre Gomes' cousin or something. The longer it goes, the higher the chances of the Barca Board and management's potential for brainfarts.

Home of Barca Fans