Premier League 2017/18

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

JamDav1982

I think a lot of that has to due with the fact that the bottom feeders in the PL have a lot more following and get more exposure worldwide which allows fans to familiarize themselves with their players. The matches between the minnow in La Liga don't get nearly as much media coverage so their players go largely unnoticed. People tend to rate players they've heard of and seen over players they don't know. I don't think there's much of a gap in talent at all.

Agree money is the primary reason.

Not about over rating them in EPL but seeing how those players have done at other clubs and other leagues as much as anything.

I think some people actually over estimate the technical quality of La Liga outwith top sides.

vlad

Credits to pep, 11 points lead, and city are playing beautiful, young squad and promising future they have. But i think they are still not there to take CL, they showed that today when they could score more and finish united earlier

Sane is electric player, and how much he cost them? Those arabs are not spending stupid

Vilarrubi

VERY cowardly and un-like pep finish to the game...wasting time by the corner flag etc...i kind of wish united had punished them for it because that was shitty

Utd fan detected????

Absolutely nothing wrong with what city did there.. parking the bus for 90 minutes at home with a 700 million squad is cowardly.

TrueCule

This match pretty much sealed the league for this season. I really doubt that City can lose a 11-point lead. Pep is doing a fantastic job at managing, this City is really dominant in this season. He created a machine that smashed everything that gets in its path. He really is a great tactician.

serghei

Shitty game. City far from their best days, looked very slow, playing a lot of negative possession, which is quite uncharacteristic from Guardiola. I think Pep saw they are not in a very good day, so played it safe which was odd to see. The real letdown though was once again United and their manager. United and Mourinho somehow forgot that too many players in your own box can sometimes lead to unlucky bounces. Not always the most crowded defense is the best. A chaotic bus is the worst kind of defense, and United players were in panic mode every time they had to make a clearance. Such defeatist attitude is rare to see at such a big club like United.

Last edited:

ronniecro

pathetic game from united,but then again nothing new from mourinho,city looked like they playing at home against relegation candidate

Givenchy

Mourinho is a dinosaur these days and his whole 'underdog' bullshit won't work at United seeing as hes spent near enough the same as Pep. City really got some ridiculous bargains it must be said.. Sane, KdB, Gab Jesus.. in this current market god knows how much they'd go for

Yannik

VERY cowardly and un-like pep finish to the game...wasting time by the corner flag etc...i kind of wish united had punished them for it because that was shitty

lol, that was actually one of the most attractive ways of wasting time I've ever seen. They didn't tie their shoes or pretended to have leg cramps, they simply kicked the ball at opponents to go out.Completely legitimate and within the rules. Again and again and again and again for an entirey of 2mins at a single corner flag, it was incredible. Not to mention Mourinho would've probably done the same, this time he got beaten with his own weapons.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
Utd fan detected????

Absolutely nothing wrong with what city did there.. parking the bus for 90 minutes at home with a 700 million squad is cowardly.

For the record, I vastly prefer City to United, and Pep to Mou. I just thought it cowardly that City would finish what was otherwise a great performance by wasting time like that. In fact, whenever United broke out of the corner flag, it usually led to City creating a good chance that Bernardo Silva should have scored. Had they simply ended the game how they played it prior to the 90th minute, it is likely that they would have scored a third. In short, I thought it unnecessary.

barcafan161

P
Credits to pep, 11 points lead, and city are playing beautiful, young squad and promising future they have. But i think they are still not there to take CL, they showed that today when they could score more and finish united earlier

Sane is electric player, and how much he cost them? Those arabs are not spending stupid
Sane was 40 million I think

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

When you lead by one goal, you're not going kami-kaze last few minutes. This is how you're supposed to drain the clock. It's like in the NBA when players use all the playclock to take a shot or in the NFL when they run the ball to keep the clock going.

Nothing cowardly about it.

Just very smart.

JamDav1982

Least competitive league in Europe atm. The British always argued it couldn't be done in the EPL, and yet, here we are.

Haha 'the british' argued no such thing.

Some folk thought Pep couldnt do it to same level without the players had at Barca but not many thought Pep would fail. The 'british' press have been drooling over him for years.

Again you are clueless as to what are speaking about.

Home of Barca Fans