Jasper Cillessen

behindbrowneyes

Yeah he's way too good to be a bench keeper.

Should offer him to Liverpool in relation to the Coutinho deal. He's easily better than what they have.

That or we can sell him elsewhere and make a good profit off of him.

Don't think we could make a good profit off of him. We shouldn't forget that Bravo was our 1A keeper when we sold him to City.

xXKonan

Don't know Bravo was starting to go down hill early on during the second half of the 2015/16 season.

But the whole team was starting to look tired and complacent during that time despite us going on that crazy undefeated streak. His problems got worse as his new born daughter got really sick and it affected his performances bar the Copa America final.

then you had all the drama with Mats vs Bravo behind the scenes during the summer with City trying to force us to sell either one of them. Bravo decided to leave which IMO was the right time. It took him awhile to recover from some of the problems he had as he had a dismal season for City.

He looked good yesterday but I still think it was the perfect time to sell him.

Windhook

I noticed he was smiling after the game. Guess he's content to be at the club at this point, with no World Cup squad place to fight for.

xXKonan

To be fair even before Holland were eliminated he was their number 1 keeper despite being backup here.

I mean for all the crap he gets for his poor penalty saving record, he's still far away the best Dutch GK they have.

Windhook

I mean for all the crap he gets for his poor penalty saving record, he's still far away the best Dutch GK they have.

There are other good goalkeepers, primarily in Eredivisie and also few in Premier League, but the void Edwin van der Sar left is beyond words.

Horatio

You're welcome
There are other good goalkeepers, primarily in Eredivisie and also few in Premier League, but the void Edwin van der Sar left is beyond words.

There may be other good Dutch goalkeepers but I still rate Cillessen as clearly the best one.

Sorin

Too good to warm our bench. He deserves to start for another team. Though really glad that we have him.

Horatio

You're welcome
Too good to warm our bench. He deserves to start for another team. Though really glad that we have him.

Maybe too good to warm our bench but from what I read he genuinly seems happy here. He and his girlfriend seem to enjoy living in Barcelona. His salary probably doesn't hurt too.

Sorin

Maybe too good to warm our bench but from what I read he genuinly seems happy here. He and his girlfriend seem to enjoy living in Barcelona. His salary probably doesn't hurt too.

Didn t know this. If true, here's to many more years at Barca! God forbid something happens to Stegen, at least we have someone like Jasper. I trust him against any team out there.

Horatio

You're welcome
Didn t know this. If true, here's to many more years at Barca! God forbid something happens to Stegen, at least we have someone like Jasper. I trust him against any team out there.

Don't quote me on it, but I do remember reading an interview of him stating he loves the city and such.

Joan

Very solid, didn't put a foot wrong. I'm really happy for him. There are a lot of great keepers used as reserves such as Romero or Ulreich who used to be very good but I dare to say Jasper surpasses all of them.

Horatio

You're welcome
Very solid, didn't put a foot wrong. I'm really happy for him. There are a lot of great keepers used as reserves such as Romero or Ulreich who used to be very good but I dare to say Jasper surpasses all of them.

Ulreich did outperform himself tonight though

Home of Barca Fans