Dele Alli

BarçaBarça

Good player, but would cost 100 M, plus not sure that he would switch a top-club in PL and a great manager for us, right now?

gasgas

Messi could be AM or RW.

I am saying Messi is not a player who is constant presence of pace, strength on pitch he picks and chooses his moments and almost never does he show those things in defence. So it is still needed even if he is there.

You are thiking Messi being those things in final third when ball at his feet covers all those areas of weakness I dont agree at all.

The point is Dele Ali plays in those positions that Messi likes to play.

They both play between the lines behind the striker same as Coutinho and other CAMs people want

We don't need a player who plays in the same zone of the field but has different traits, because when it comes to it
One will play and one will be benched

JamDav1982

The point is Dele Ali plays in those positions that Messi likes to play.

They both play between the lines behind the striker same as Coutinho and other CAMs people want

We don't need a player who plays in the same zone of the field but has different traits, because when it comes to it
One will play and one will be benched

Alli is playing there for Spurs just now but can easily play deeper while Messi may well go back to RW anyway if team set up properly.

gasgas

Alli is playing there for Spurs just now but can easily play deeper while Messi may well go back to RW anyway if team set up properly.

What makes you think Messi is interested in going back to RW?

What makes you think Dele Ali would be equally good when moved from his current successful role to a deeper role?

If we sign him but then move him deeper, wouldn't it be wiser to buy a player who actually plays in that role?

JamDav1982

What makes you think Messi is interested in going back to RW?

What makes you think Dele Ali would be equally good when moved from his current successful role to a deeper role?

If we sign him but then move him deeper, wouldn't it be wiser to buy a player who actually plays in that role?

Have answered all that already but Messi will play RW or AM not definite he is an AM going forward yet.

Not even pushing for Barca to sign him just that he would provide a lot of things that CM lacks and Messi makes no difference to that as he doesnt cover all of it.

gasgas

Have answered all that already but Messi will play RW or AM not definite he is an AM going forward yet.

Not even pushing for Barca to sign him just that he would provide a lot of things that CM lacks and Messi makes no difference to that as he doesnt cover all of it.

No you haven't

Messi will play a free role, which on pitch is closer to a CAM than RW

He would not provide things a Barca CM needs, because he is not a CM himself and doesn't play anything like one

The things he has will be useful as a CAM, but we have The best player in the world who plays that role in his own improvised way

So NO for me :D

Windhook

With all due respect, during his Madrid spell Beckham was never that player who made the difference for the mighty Man Utd squad in 1999-2002. On the pitch he was obscured by the great Zidane, Figo, Raul and Ronaldo. It was a marketing strategy by Real Madrid with the Asian market in focus, he was a worldwide fashion icon, women in Japan were fainting, c'mon, you all remember that.:lol: His 4 seasons at Real Madrid marked a trophyless era (just two) and he started to show that old brilliance only after he announced midseason 2006-2007 that he'll be leaving Madrid for Los Angeles Galaxy.

At the moment I think Dele Alli is on the level of Rakitic as a midfielder, they both possess good passing and long range shooting. Of course the Englishman is in much better form this season. But as I said in my previous comment Tottenham sell their star players to Real Madrid, so the chances of Deli Alli ending up at Bernabeu are much higher.

Horatio

You're welcome
He looked tremendous today. Aside from the goals he is also strong at winning the ball in duels and sprints.

Gilberto

This guy is 10x better player than Eriksen. Great game today from him.

U wot m8? Eriksen is class. I didn't see Spurs-Madrid today but one single game wouldn't have changed my opinion of Eriksen anyway. It's hard to compare the two anyway. Both players are great.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This guy is 10x better player than Eriksen. Great game today from him.

Not the same kind of player. In fact I wouldn't even rate Alli as a midfielder considering how advanced up the field he usually is. More like a second striker with a free role.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Suarez' level dropping so much means we'll have to sign Coutinho + Griezmann or someone like Werner which will both cost 200m in total. 100m for each of them. For anyone talking about 150m for Coutinho it was confirmed that our highest offer to Liverpool was 80m + 20/30m in a lot of clauses related to Balon D'Or and CL wins.

Now we are going to get a lot more money from our Nike deal kicking in from this summer and could make some by offloading all the deadweight in the squad too, but had not Suarez been on such a decline right now, you could have considered spending 200m on Coutinho and Eriksen instead... One playing as an AM, the other as a CM and then have Alenya as next in line with Iniesta playing a lesser role.

Imagine that midfield.

Home of Barca Fans