Luis Suárez

Richard.H

i think valverde keeps him on to show that he's still confident in his abilities. It's important to keep a striker confident, you never know when he'll get back to his goal scoring form. It's a double edged sword to play him or bench him. I understand Ernesto's perspective.

Cool

Or it could be a coach learning from Lucho's mistake of rotating heavily in an away game, four points clear of Madrid, a day before Madrid have a game against a Sociedad team in form...

It made sense to go all in for a win to keep the pressure on RM.

I'm sure we'll see rotations on Tuesday at home.

Bingo, had we started with a Lucho esque midfield we would of dropped three points and confidence would of then shifted to Madrid.

Ritchie

The man is a joke. Not good enough for Barcelona B. Only so long he can live off being Messi's friend. He's not even MLS standard. David Villa would put him to shame even now.

Last edited:

gatsu

Suarez is the one than should have been sold not Neymar. I've been saying the same thing for more than a year Suarez is absolute garbage, he can't even offer simple basic football (pass and control). worst thing is we will not sell him easily. his value is at rock bottom.

Just another big fat salary who doesn't offer the slightest addition.

I think Villa would do a better job than Suarez right now

My little sister would do a better job, Villa is galaxies ahead of the current thing playing as our 9

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Suarez is the one than should have been sold not Neymar. I've been saying the same thing for more than a year Suarez is absolute garbage, he can't even offer simple basic football (pass and control). worst thing is we will not sell him easily. his value is at rock bottom.

Just another big fat salary who doesn't offer the slightest addition.

Neymar wasnt sold.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Problem is that we got no quality backup to bench him either so gotta roll with him for now or change the system.

Whatever his problem is, if he doesn't turn it around we're not winning many major trophies.

He has to turn it around, not just for the team, but himself too as I see people vying for a new starting CF if he keep playing the same way.

If he's overweight, injured, not focused, complacent, whatever it is, fix it and preferably before our difficult games start again.

gatsu

Suarez has been poor but he deserved more from some fans here.

Sorry [MENTION=2]Bojan[/MENTION], but we've been patient for more than a season and he doesn't show any improvements, It's not like he is wearing the barça shirt for charity, he is highly paid and we have the right to ask a lot more from him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He scored 37 goals and had 20 assists last season. More than a season?

He always earned his paycheck (isn't paid closely to Messi or even what Neymar was getting) on the field with his work-rate and as shown above - he delivered.

He is now playing in uncomfortable position and he will need time. He has the class and determination to make it happen.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Neysnake had 105 goals and 59 assists in 186 games.

Most people would say those stats are extraordinary, but many here will still claim his overall play was mostly underwhelming in those four years he was here.

Suarez had great stats like Cristiano for a number of years, but that doesn't mean his overall play was up to par.

He's playing slightly different now, but that doesn't excuse him looking completely out of depth which is shocking to say the least.

serghei

Suarez will come good. Just needs to get a run of good games. Sadly, the position doesn't help him though. He's playing less central and the farthest away from the goal he is, the hardest it is for him. He needs to play on the shoulder of the other teams' CBs. Not in a David Villa role, but in a Samuel Eto'o role.

Home of Barca Fans