Xavi Hernández

khaled_a_d

Qualifications. . . ? In my experience the best head coaches are police officers, Mental health doctors, people who work with animals (horse whisperers, dog trainers) and teachers. I am unsure about Xavi as head coach but definately a skills/Tactics coach or La Masia.
Being a head manager requires people skills. I honestly have no clue what his future holds as far as success as a head coach. What I am afraid of is if he was to come back and be a failure, he would not do anymore with Barcelona. My ideal dream is for him to be in charge of the tactics for the first team.

You do know he needs a licence to coach in Spain and that license need those qualification. It is why Zidane was "officially" assistant manager for RM B team and his real assistant was "officially" the coach for them.

El Flaco

From Xavi's interview with Eurosport

Some few quotes taken from twitteraccount BarcaNewsForum

- Xavi: Seri linked with Barca? "When I was told that a player from Nice was called the 'African Xavi', I followed him very closely."

- Xavi: "I didn't know [Seri] and I was entranced. I'm not used to seeing such talent in midfield any more."

- Xavi: "The short game, long game, tactical intelligence, long-range shooting, personality, organisation of the play... Madre mia!"

- Xavi: "Seri would do so well at Barca. He can play anywhere in the middle. He is fantastic. He has what they call the Barca DNA. No doubt."

- Xavi: Will Neymar's departure affect Barca? "No - Barca will always be one of the favourites to win all possible trophies."

- Xavi: "We have Messi, the best player in the world; Suarez, the best striker; Pique, Busquets, Iniesta, the best in their positions."

- Xavi: "[Ernesto] Valverde is a good choice, too. If Barca spend well this summer, they can win everything."

- Xavi: "It was Neymar's decision and you have to respect it. It's a personal choice. Players today move to where they're wanted the most."

- Xavi: "But nobody could have imagined that Neymar would leave Barca. It's bizarre that a player doesn't want to stay at Barca."

- Xavi: "It's very rare. It's been 17 years since Luis Figo left for Real Madrid. As with Ney, it was his choice at the time."

- Xavi: "I don't know how it happened, if there were meetings, conversations... there are many interpretations of this record transfer."

- Xavi:"Barca fans are upset because Neymar gave no explanation. He left Barca without a press conference or anything...but, that's how it is"

- Xavi: "We'll see what he can give to PSG. I'm sure Barca did not expect a club to pay the €222m clause. Now they have to manage that money."

- Xavi: Dembele to replace Neymar? "He's a versatile player with a lot of physical and technical qualities, plus he's very fast."

- Xavi: "Dembele's 20, his whole future is ahead of him but he has to show that he has the mental strength for a club as demanding as Barca"

- Xavi: "Any good player today is worth millions."

- Xavi: "This is my last season as a player, here in Qatar. I'm 38 and, even though I feel good physically, it's time to say goodbye."

- Xavi: "I'm going to be a coach; that's what attracts me the most."

Vilarrubi

Is it just me or does anyone find his Instagram posts rather odd. The whole Qatar thing I do not understand either but his latest photo is 6 dffferent pictures of him in the same suit. It's like someone who's just discovered the internet.

Devils

If he's not thinking of coming until the board leaves, then he needs to speak the fuck up and be vocal about the criminals running our club.

The problem with this club is nobody speaks up anymore. Cruyff was the only one to do and since he's not here anymore, everyone just remains in silence.

Someone needs to show some balls around here.

Raketa10

If he's not thinking of coming until the board leaves, then he needs to speak the fuck up and be vocal about the criminals running our club.

The problem with this club is nobody speaks up anymore. Cruyff was the only one to do and since he's not here anymore, everyone just remains in silence.

Someone needs to show some balls around here.

100% true

Arkk

can't believe hes 37 already.. such a shame he went to that shithole of a country in Qatar, would of loved to see him in MLS with Pirlo and David Villa

Home of Barca Fans