6 - Carles Alena

God Serena

If he was a 35m signing at his current skill level he'd walk into our XI. The likes of Gomes, Rafinha, Arda, and even Denis can't compare to the level of composure, distribution, and presence of Carles Alena.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
In these two games of 45 minutes each, he's looked more comfortable and played more like a Barcelona midfielder than almost all of our midfielders last season. :lol:

Still just turned 19 this year and can improve a lot, but the level and maturity he's showing already is good!

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I see that every body is all praise for the lad...... Is there a video compilation of him in the pre-season that one watch?

Last edited:

Androutsos

This match was the first time where I was convinced by his ability to be a future fixture in this Barca side. Pleasantly surprised.

gasgas

I like him,don't sign Coutinho. They may but it's not necessary

DM: Busquets, Roberto

CMs: Samper Alena Roberto Iniesta Rakitic

Forward: MN, Deulofeu, Plaque, Denis

I consider the remaining players sold

Leong157

He was very good in the match. So comfortable with all the seniors around him.
We should let him play more on the first team against some weaker opponents next season.

Can't we just demote Gomes to B team and promote this guy instead hahahahahaha.

Neimax

The truth is that if our coaches and our board would have 'huevos grandes' it wouldn't even be necessary to spend millions and millions on midfielder. We would have Busquets for DM and Samper as a backup, Sergi Roberto and Rakitic for RCM, and now we would have Aleña as a backup for Iniesta (Aleña could easily play and develop against most teams in La Liga, Iniesta for the big games, I'm sure he still has some magical performances in his feet if we give him the breaks he needs). Maybe we wouldn't win the treble, but we would stand firm to our philosophy and would for sure play some entertaining football.

But instead of that we buy players like Gomes and Arda and are interested in signing Paulinho or are chasing players like Coutinho who wouldn't even fit into our system. Can't understand this, only because some other teams go crazy on the market doesn't mean we have to do that as well. Of course, if we could have signed a player like Verratti who would have made our team better, then of course we can do that, but i don't understand why we buy some medicore players instead of giving a chance to our homegrown players.

dakt

I'm just watching the game, 10 minutes in and I'm joining the "hype". He looks so confident.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
That was a real test game for Alena. ManUtd played like they meant business and our kid coped well. Easily better than Gomes so, Valverde, please, don't send him back to B team.

ManusXavi

What Combo's would you like to see him with this season? I would like to have -
For the Lesser games: Samper, Alena and Rafinha combo. Iniesta on the bench.
For the Big games: Busquets, Rakitic and Roberto for the big games. Iniesta on the bench.

Home of Barca Fans