Xavi Hernández

Bojan is convinced Doha is close to a shithole lol. Probably a safer place to be than Paris at this point.

I know a woman who worked at the UN there. She left early and depressed. 90% of people aren't even citizens.
Qatari citizenry stands at about 250,000, and deserves a fair amount of praise for being able to accomplish so many things with such small numbers.
Financing worldwide islamism, destabilizing the middle-east, buying FIFA, buying toy clubs, building phallic skyscrapers.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bojan is convinced Doha is close to a shithole lol. Probably a safer place to be than Paris at this point.

lol What's "safe" got to do with anything? Prisons are safe too.

It's a social, cultural, natural shithole. You know everything that makes us humans. And it's everything opposite what Barca and Xavi used to standard for.

Horatio

You're welcome
I know a woman who worked at the UN there. She left early and depressed. 90% of people aren't even citizens.
Qatari citizenry stands at about 250,000, and deserves a fair amount of praise for being able to accomplish so many things with such small numbers.
Financing worldwide islamism, destabilizing the middle-east, buying FIFA, buying toy clubs, building phallic skyscrapers.

I am pretty sure social economy is a mess and corruption is an issue. But as a western tourist or expat, how much danger are you exposed to?
I am hearing a lot of positive stories from western expats and tourists(including their wives).

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
lol What's "safe" got to do with anything? Prisons are safe too.

It's a social, cultural, natural shithole. You know everything that makes us humans. And it's everything opposite what Barca and Xavi used to standard for.

Go two pages back where you criticized my post for calling it a safe place for Xavi.

If you have issues with Xavi being there from a moral standpoint, then sure you have a case. But you would have for most of the options Xavi could pick from.

Windhook

Xavi is a celebrity in Qatar, he is safe. Also the Qatari local population is rich enough not to think about doing some terrorist act in their own country. Other than that it is a shithole. :D

The main problem is Saudi Arabia with it's filthy rich royal family and absolutely poor and uneducated population, now that's easy to brainwash.

I am pretty sure social economy is a mess and corruption is an issue. But as a western tourist or expat, how much danger are you exposed to?
I am hearing a lot of positive stories from western expats and tourists(including their wives).
Oh, given the population disparity, I suppose the qataris have done a good job at insulating themselves from the plebeians. Just don't get ***** if you're a woman, you might get punished for it.

If you're a plebeian though ? Better sleep with one eye open.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's not about being safe. He is in a country that finances extremism and terrorism across the globe. Hundred miles from my city too. It's serious stuff.

Horatio

You're welcome
It's not about being safe. He is in a country that finances extremism and terrorism across the globe. Hundred miles from my city too. It's serious stuff.

Then your comment makes more sense because figuratively as well literally it hits much closer to home for you.

Devils

Managing Qatar is such a waster of time. They won't even qualify for the world cup and will never be relevant in world football.

He should finish his playing career and then go manage Barca youth. At least there he would be able to show some managerial abilities.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lots of money and only need to play like it's practice. No pressure too.

That's why Xavi is loving it there.

Alik

Managing Qatar is such a waster of time. They won't even qualify for the world cup and will never be relevant in world football.

He should finish his playing career and then go manage Barca youth. At least there he would be able to show some managerial abilities.

They don't need to qualify.

xXKonan

[tw]859842104159326209[/tw]

Says we offered him a chance to coach the B team, but he rejected as he feels he's not ready yet.

Home of Barca Fans