Xavi Hernández

BerkeleyBernie

The funny thing is they are clearly playing crowd noises through the speakers on that stadium.:lol: The opposite camera shows there are no more than 100 people in the stadium.

According to a Xavi interview, the league is followed on TV, even though few show up to watch in the stadiums. Which begs the question- why? They could practically give away tickets if they wanted to. Looks like it's set up to be a command performance for royals.

Windhook

According to a Xavi interview, the league is followed on TV, even though few show up to watch in the stadiums. Which begs the question- why? They could practically give away tickets if they wanted to. Looks like it's set up to be a command performance for royals.
The bigger question is why FIFA awarded Qatar with hosting the 2022 World Cup. Absolutely ridiculous, there is zero interest in the population for their domestic football league. To promote football they say... to promote some bank accounts I say.:angry:

Morten

The bigger question is why FIFA awarded Qatar with hosting the 2022 World Cup. Absolutely ridiculous, there is zero interest in the population for their domestic league. To promote football they say... to promote some bank accounts I say.:angry:

I dont count Qatar is a world cup, so whatever happens in 2022, it doesnt really count.
Thats how everyone should look at it.

El Flaco

During this week ahead of El Clásico (tomorrow), Moviestar+ broadcasted a program of when Xavi and Michael Laudrup shared a table in a restaurant at Doha to talk about the great moments of their respective Clásicos.

Unfortunaly, it's only available in Spanish with no subtitles and I've yet to find any translated quotes (will post these of course I get some).

But for users who understand Spanish, hope you enjoy it.

Windhook

Well, this video is the beginning of all rumours linking Michael Laudrup with the soon to be vacant Barca manager position.:lol: Thanks, El Flaco! It's apparent they are in Qatari restaurant, being served water and orange juice in wine glasses... oh, boy!

Garrus

Geeh, I didn't know he spoke english this well, This guy is perfect in everything.
This might sound unpopular, But i want Xavi to come after messi retires, Hopefully to 'wean' and transition us from the dependency of the greatest player for the past 17 years, Lead us through a Post-Messi era.
The qatar 2022 news, Gives me hope that my vision will happen.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He fell a level in my eyes for staying there and staying so long. He had better options for developing his future coaching career but he obviously picked money instead.

Messi

He fell a level in my eyes for staying there and staying so long. He had better options for developing his future coaching career but he obviously picked money instead.

Well I´m a big fan of his so I am not impartial :) Anyway just want to point out that maybe it is just that he likes it there.
I like to think that at this point money is not the prime motivation.

Windhook

Xavi spent 25 years of his life at La Masia, he knows everything about Barcelona as club, he went through all the tutoring available during this time. In other words - he doesn't need and want to go through the ranks again. We know his ultimate goal is to coach Barcelona, but obviously that will be in the post-Messi era. I don't see Xavi returning to the club in the next few years (as much as I want to) just to coach the cadet teams. He needs greater experience, the least being at helm of Barca B squad.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Well I´m a big fan of his so I am not impartial :) Anyway just want to point out that maybe it is just that he likes it there.
I like to think that at this point money is not the prime motivation.

Bojan is convinced Doha is close to a shithole lol. Probably a safer place to be than Paris at this point.

Home of Barca Fans