1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

xXKonan

C7exa9OXwAET3xV.jpg

A snippet says City will make an offer for Stegen. (Probably just MD re-posting a Daily Mail rumor) I mean if there's a chance the rumor has any truth to it I would just laugh really. This time around it would be a harder sell since Stegen is our number #1 now and I seriously doubt he would consider City's offer this time.

xXKonan

Out of the two Pep wanted Stegen the most. Both were good options for Pep in general at the time (Before Bravo's meltdown). Stegen was younger and had a lot of potential thanks to his technical qualities that were better than Bravo's despite him not being a slouch himself either.

When it was clear we wouldn't budge from our 80 Million asking price (Stegen's buyout) Pep decided to go for Bravo instead which like I said wasn't a bad option at all at time time before it all went to hell for him this season.

I think out of all the young GK's out there that suits his system, Mats was very likely his number 1 choice and for good reasons. But at this point it's more or less a dream now for Pep since there's no way we will consider selling him now that he's our number 1 GK.

At this point I think he will go for Benfica's Ederson Moraes, who himself also fits what Pep wants out of a GK and he's also young and talented.

Messi983

Sociedad have bought Rulli in January but City have an option to buy him back for 14M€. Don't know all details but maybe there are some clauses preventing City to buy him this summer already. If Txiki was negotiating for City then anything is possible. :)

JamDav1982

Sociedad have bought Rulli in January but City have an option to buy him back for 14M€. Don't know all details but maybe there are some clauses preventing City to buy him this summer already. If Txiki was negotiating for City then anything is possible. :)

Speaking of Txiki... he has been fucking horrendous at his job at Man City.

Almost all the good players were there before he got there. Very lucky man to still be in that job and probably have just kept him as aided getting and keeping Pep.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Almost all the good players were there before he got there. Very lucky man to still be in that job and probably have just kept him as aided getting and keeping Pep.

He got them De Bryune, Sane and Gabriel Jesus after all, not bad at all, right?

xXKonan

A lot of City fans don't seem to like Txiki because he spends a lot of money but with few good results.

Seems like to them at least Txiki could keep spending loads of money without real repercussions and he wouldn't get the axe due to it and it's frustrating to City fans because of it. the main reason he's probably being kept around is he had a hand in bring in Pep.

Home of Barca Fans