10 - Lionel Messi - v5

JamDav1982

I noticed something against leganes, many of messi passes were misplaced or intercepted

All the front three were terrible for it. For the most part they tried too many risky passes or dribbles and barely ever looked to build the game up and let midfield or full backs get up pitch.

Said it before but looks to me that those front three dont have any trust in the midfield players or the sytem to provide for them and try to do to much on their own too early.

BBZ8800

I could buy a story that Messi is sad and that he might leave.

He won everything with Barca and on an individual level.
He played 60+ matches since the age of 18.
He is surely mentally and physically drained.
He gave up from winning anything with Argentina already. He has only Barca left.
If a team wasn't in mess, he wouldn't go.
But this way, anything is possible.

People may say: why leaving a ship in tough times?
Well, our ship is in problems for some time and he isn't leaving now.
He will stay for at least 18 Months.
But if we will look at long term future of Barca, there are very high chances that we will be in mess for at least 2-3 seasons until we find a new coach (or another one after him) and after we sell and buy who knows how many players.

As others said, he is a family man, maybe he is tired of this kind of a life.
Plus, if his wife wants a move back home...

Also, we never found out which disease he had for years when he was vomiting during matches.
So, maybe his body is already too tired. Maybe his brain is tired of football and everything around it. Plus, maybe he is tired of Barto and everything around our club.

I can see it happening in 1-2 years.
Further, this will sound somewhat cruel towards Messi, but I always thought that he will either stay here until the age 35 or we will sell him for 100-150 Millions aged 30-31-32 to City, Chelsea or Psg, when he will want to move on (a win-win situation for both a club and a player in the end).
With a sale in his last years, we (Barca) would at least earn some money for the future (for years after Messi).

Imo, Messi should do what he wants, he deserves it for everything.
But this scenario would be a worst scenario for Barca as a club:
1. we would lose Messi as a player and a leader soon
2. we wouldn't get any money for selling (like in the option with selling him one day to Psg/Chelsea/City)

** Just a horror idea for our fans:
Imagine if we lose Messi (to Argentina) in a summer of 2018 or something.
And that we need to both overhaul our midfield, and we would be left with Neymar (who is not a leader), 31 years old Suarez, without Messi, without Iniesta and with a horrible midfield.

Let's hope that it won't happen, but we have to be prepared for absolutely any option (with Barto as a guy who is planning our future, lol).

Last edited:

kilian

Although it is not completely the same as with for example musicians, one could say that footballers are also performers. They are performing on a grand stage and are being extremelly well compensated for that, with money from tickets that people pay to see them (among other ways of financing the club). If those performers continuosly dissapoint the crowd, they are going to get booed. It is completely normal and for me okay. Who cares if the players or the coach are dissapointed with the whistles? We are dissapointed by them almost every week this season. Maybe those whistles will wake them up.

Neymessi

Although it is not completely the same as with for example musicians, one could say that footballers are also performers. They are performing on a grand stage and are being extremelly well compensated for that, with money from tickets that people pay to see them (among other ways of financing the club). If those performers continuosly dissapoint the crowd, they are going to get booed. It is completely normal and for me okay. Who cares if the players or the coach are dissapointed with the whistles? We are dissapointed by them almost every week this season. Maybe those whistles will wake them up.

You can't expect everyone to alway be running riot every match. We will be shit sometimes, and when that happens a silent criticism would be better than booing players who are usually great performers.

kilian

You can't expect everyone to alway be running riot every match. We will be shit sometimes, and when that happens a silent criticism would be better than booing players who are usually great performers.

I definitely disagree with the idea to whistle at your players after a bad game or two, we are not like retarded Madrid fans. But we are having a bad season, not a bad game. Also, I`m not saying that we should whistle at Messi or Iniesta after a few bad games, they are the last ones to deserve it. The crowd should whistle at Enrique and the board. They are the guilty ones. My earlier post was a general opinion that football players are not sacred cows. They should be whistled at and criticized if they don`t do their ridiculously well payed job as they are expected to do.

Players are justified in saying booing doesn't help. But that's avoiding the elephant in the room: no fans boo to "help" the team. Accordingly I don't expect the whistles to stop.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Frankly, if someone pays for a ticket they have every right to express themselves if they are not happy with performance.

Football is, among other things, a vent for people and players are not above club.

Horatio

You're welcome
I have given it some thought lately: Is booing justified or not?

Reality is, the large majority of fans have little way of communicating with the club. For most this is the only way of expressing their dissatisfaction and the only way to get to the board, their way of giving feedback. But directing the booing towards one specific player is uncalled for in this case.

Home of Barca Fans