Xavi Hernández

F

FlaFCB

He has 0 coaching experience. Great players dont make great managers. He would be tactically outsmarted every game by experienced managers and we would be calling for his head in a few seasons time. We should stay away from former players such as him when selecting a new manager. We need an established manager who can actually make a difference on and off the field.

Pep was a great player and is now a great manager... That is not any kind of fact. There's no way to know if he'll be a good coach or not. Xavi understands football very well, that indicates he has a very good shot at it.

SocalBarcaFan

Count me in as a Xavi supporter for future coach. Not yet (although he could probably already do a better job than what Lucho is currently doing) but I'd say as soon as 3 years but probably closer to 5

opjeoff

Pep was a great player and is now a great manager... That is not any kind of fact. There's no way to know if he'll be a good coach or not. Xavi understands football very well, that indicates he has a very good shot at it.

Pep had managerial experience. And for every Pep there is a Maradona, Voller , Gullit or Van Basten. And right now is not the time to be experimenting with managers, we need a stable and proven managers or else we could very well end up getting worse.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I suspect he may also want o come in in a few years,when the last remnants of our golden era will be gone and expectations won't be so high.

Everyone knows he's just wasting time there.
Maybe he isn't really that into coaching. It's his right. I am still disappointed that he and other legends aren't more involved.

Galning

Lots of recent legendary local players are indeed heavily linked with Laporta's Barça. I can see Xavi coming back in a few years time. No worries.

Horatio

You're welcome
Everyone knows he's just wasting time there.
Maybe he isn't really that into coaching. It's his right. I am still disappointed that he and other legends aren't more involved.

Nah...not really. Great low-stress environment for him to get his coaching licenses.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nah...not really. Great low-stress environment for him to get his coaching licenses.

Qatar a great environment? :facepalm:

Licence is one thing. Anyone can get one. Getting experience is something else. What pep, Cholo or others did is much different than Xavi is doing now.

Horatio

You're welcome
Qatar a great environment? :facepalm:

Licence is one thing. Anyone can get one. Getting experience is something else. What pep, Cholo or others did is much different than Xavi is doing now.

Xavi is just doing his thing on the field without exerting much, level is too low. One big holiday for him.
And what is wrong with Qatar? He is situated in the capital Doha, classed as a super safe place.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Qatar = prison, are you really suggesting that

I am not. Learn to read.
It's not that far from a shithole though. Toilets can be golden but they are nontheless shitholes.

Sharia law is the main source of Qatari legislation according to Qatar's constitution. Flogging and stoning are legal in Qatar due to Sharia law.

Home of Barca Fans