Gareth Bale

Icarium

Lifestealer
If Wales win Euro I won't be even be mad if he wins Ballon D'or. CR doesn't deserve it one bit. Yes he was good against Roma and Wolfsburg. But those are Roma and Wolfsburg ffs. Even statistically he is not the best Suarez is. Plus awful Euro performances. Messi also has a chance if Argentina claims copa America. Don't want neymar and cristiano on the podium this time. Messi Suarez and bale would be nice that is of course if bale continues to inspire Wales and win them matches.

Pablo Escobar

Aaron Ramsey for Ballon D'Or!

Aaron_Ramsey-leg-break-600x352.jpg

Likancic

I must admit I was always against Bale and when we were in for the winger I was rooting for Neymar :blush:

But it seems he's finally finding his place (although he did had good spells before) in the team. I just like the way he runs with the ball, he's the closest we have to those Messi's runs :cool:

Morten

I must admit I was always against Bale and when we were in for the winger I was rooting for Neymar :blush:

But it seems he's finally finding his place (although he did had good spells before) in the team. I just like the way he runs with the ball, he's the closest we have to those Messi's runs :cool:

Except his runs are nothing like Messis.

Likancic

Except his runs are nothing like Messis.

Of course not, but he's the only player (bar Marcelo) that could surge from the center to the 16 yard box while dribbling past players and make it look smooth and effortless

It's good enough for me

Last edited:

Morten

Of course not, but he's the only player (bar Marcelo) that could surge from the center to the 16 yard box while dribbling past players and make it look smooth and effortless

It's good enough for me
Bales dribbling is of a different nature. The ball isnt glued to his feets like they are with Messi, Iniesta etc. He uses more power and pace, and if he is allowed to run he is very difficult to stop as well. But he is not great in tight spaces like certain others are.

Ekul

He's becoming the new Cristiano. Possibly the most overrated player in World Football, perhaps even more than CR7. Maybe not.

He just runs fast and shoots hard. There's no pausa, no intelligence, no craft, no guile, no elegance. Football is being hijacked by athletes. And, for a Football purist like myself, it breaks my heart.

barcafan161

He's becoming the new Cristiano. Possibly the most overrated player in World Football, perhaps even more than CR7. Maybe not.

He just runs fast and shoots hard. There's no pausa, no intelligence, no craft, no guile, no elegance. Football is being hijacked by athletes. And, for a Football purist like myself, it breaks my heart.
You rather he run slow and shoot slow?

Ekul

No. Messi's fast and has a hard shot - a lot of the world class players in years gone by have these 2 attributes - but they have so much more than that as well. He's not a world class footballer, no way. He'll be finished by the time he's 30 because he's completely reliant on his physical attributes. For a "world class player", it's funny how he can't do anything without space. He's just lucky that he's blessed with speed, strength, power etc. He's been rubbish in 3 of the 4 games at this tournament, as well, so the talk of him being the Player of the Tournament and *gulps* potentially winning the Ballon D'or... Ludicrous.

barcafan161

No. Messi's fast and has a hard shot - a lot of the world class players in years gone by have these 2 attributes - but they have so much more than that as well. He's not a world class footballer, no way. He'll be finished by the time he's 30 because he's completely reliant on his physical attributes. For a "world class player", it's funny how he can't do anything without space. He's just lucky that he's blessed with speed, strength, power etc. He's been rubbish in 3 of the 4 games at this tournament, as well, so the talk of him being the Player of the Tournament and *gulps* potentially winning the Ballon D'or... Ludicrous.
Yes he is world class, only a blind hater would think otherwise

You can't compare every class player with maybe the best ever

All great players apart from messi depend on the things you mentioned.

gasgas

You sound very salty.
Anything the cause?

Home of Barca Fans