Eden Hazard

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Hazard would probably do worse(goalscoring-wise, compared to Neymar) at the current Barca just like Neymar would do worse at the current Chelsea. They are both needed for their specific roles at their current clubs, it's not really fair to switch and then hypothesize.

BerkeleyBernie

Messi-esque dribble. Totally because of his ability to keep the ball on his foot at speed in tight spaces. Only a few in the world who can execute like that.

hazard.jpg

Adversus

It's all immaterial. Mourinho will never sell him. It would be like trying to get Ronaldo off Madrid or Messi off Barca.

For the record I think Neymar is currently better but I think Hazard might have a higher ceiling and a big year this year. When Messi and Ronaldo start fading Hazard and Neymar will probably win the Ballon d'or.

btw - That was some goal, he will only score one or two of those in his career so shame it was in pre-season.

Truthist

It's difficult to say who's better between Hazard and Neymar. Hazard is a better dribbler and stronger on the ball but Neymar has better movement and has more off a killer instinct.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He had a ride in between Gumbau, Douglas and Bartra.
Don't think he could do that if Dani,Busquets and Pique were playing there

Galning

When he actually does something on the big stage, Champions League, let's talk. Didn't see him against PSG last season but Belgian media are comparing this goal to Maradona's one (yes, that one.). And I'm not even kidding.
He's a good player but so is Alexis Sanchez.

When he actually does something on the big stage, Champions League, let's talk. Didn't see him against PSG last season but Belgian media are comparing this goal to Maradona's one (yes, that one.). And I'm not even kidding.

Please don't compare Hazard to Bambi. Technically he's several gears above.

And up until last year Suarez did absolutely nothing in the Champions League. Doesn't mean he wasn't a World Class player. Injuries & playing on bad/average teams has limited his effectiveness in the CL. If Boreinho actually tries to attack this year rather than park the bus again he'll destroy virtually any defense.

Morten

Dont know what it is with you barca-fans, always talking down on Hazard. There is no doubt he is a world class player.

Jair Ventura

Dont know what it is with you barca-fans, always talking down on Hazard. There is no doubt he is a world class player.

They may not think him world class because he doesn't show up against world class competition whereas Neymar scores against everyone regardless of the stage. Also, I thought Suarez goal in the same game was better.

Morten

They may not think him world class because he doesn't show up against world class competition whereas Neymar scores against everyone regardless of the stage. Also, I thought Suarez goal in the same game was better.

Seems to be a myth going on that Hazard doesnt show up in big matches. He has on many occasions in fact, just because you dont always see him on the scoring sheets doesnt automatically mean he was poor, as many here seems to think. I admit he could be a better goalscorer, and should improve on that, but the constant bashing just because he doesnt score 30-50 goals a season is ridiculous.

Jair Ventura

Seems to be a myth going on that Hazard doesnt show up in big matches. He has on many occasions in fact, just because you dont always see him on the scoring sheets doesnt automatically mean he was poor, as many here seems to think. I admit he could be a better goalscorer, and should improve on that, but the constant bashing just because he doesnt score 30-50 goals a season is ridiculous.

He didn't perform in last seasons UCL nor has he been big for his national team. 30-50 goals may be much, but asking him not to be shut out by 20 year old Marquinhos playing his secondary position is something else entirely. That isn't to say he isn't a great player, because he is, but it's understandable why some would scoff at the notion of him being world class at this point.

Except he wasn't shut out by Marquinhos at all.

[youtube]DNjRY-Xzvyk[/youtube]

How can anyone watch that video & claim he played poorly? He was by far their best player that night. The rest of the team was just awful.

The previous season he was out injured.

Home of Barca Fans