David Beckham

T

The Kingslayer

I wish little kids would stop commenting on times in football that they can't even remember, Beckham was regarded more highly than Scholes/Giggs/Keane and every other United player, he was amazing and that good.

Vision/Crossing/Freekicks/Finishing/Workrate, the best English player there's been in the last 20 years, his long range passing (whether he played on the wing or in the middle) is unmatched even today by any player on any continent, i would say he's quite possibly the greatest long range passer of the ball ever.

Kerrybai

I wish little kids would stop commenting on times in football that they can't even remember, Beckham was regarded more highly than Scholes/Giggs/Keane and every other United player, he was amazing and that good.

Vision/Crossing/Freekicks/Finishing/Workrate, the best English player there's been in the last 20 years, his long range passing (whether he played on the wing or in the middle) is unmatched even today by any player on any continent, i would say he's quite possibly the greatest long range passer of the ball ever.

I wouldn't agree with that at all, he was rated as highly as many of his playing partners but to say he was above Keane/Giggs etc? I wouldn't say so. He had the media spotlight but in terms of on field talent/importance he was an integral part of the team for sure, but not above the players you mentioned. I'm sure Fergie would agree.

T

The Kingslayer

I wouldn't agree with that at all, he was rated as highly as many of his playing partners but to say he was above Keane/Giggs etc? I wouldn't say so. He had the media spotlight but in terms of on field talent/importance he was an integral part of the team for sure, but not above the players you mentioned. I'm sure Fergie would agree.

Your bound to say he was behind Keane because your Irish, Beckham was United's and England's golden boy tho, he wasn't just this by looks.

Shame what's happened to him tbh in how people view him, it's like when he went to Madrid people forgot about him in this country and then people started going 'Scholes is the most naturally gifted player England/Manchester United have produced recent years' - When it wasn't this case at all when both players was at United and playing for England and in their primes.

It's like Beckham's legacy as been diminished in some way due to his lifestyle, but I've never seen anyone more naturally gifted than Beckham from Britain in my life, only Scholes could compare in vision and long range passing, but Beckham offered much more than Scholes in other things and Scholes couldn't do Beckham's long passing at pinpoint accuracy at the angles Beckham used to, only other long range pass master last 15-20 years to compare to Beckham and Scholes is Pirlo really, but again behind Beckham and before that they used an iron ball, so you can't really compare Beckham to passing maestro's pre-1980's.

Little kids? most of the peeps in the forum are old enough to remember Beckham very well and he was one the most overrated players of all time he had great vision, passing and freekick ability as aknowledged by most here anyway but was unable to beat the first man and could not adapt himself as his style of play was getting outdated. Plus hardworking ethic does not make someone a great, Milner rounds around like a dog does that make him WC. Scholes was for more valuable to Club and country than the 'golden boy' there is a reason that after Scholes called time on his Intl Career after the Euro 2004 that England went from becoming a good competitive team to a overrated mediocre team

T

The Kingslayer

Little kids? most of the peeps in the forum are old enough to remember Beckham very well and he was one the most overrated players of all time he had great vision, passing and freekick ability as aknowledged by most here anyway but was unable to beat the first man and could not adapt himself as his style of play was getting outdated. Plus hardworking ethic does not make someone a great, Milner rounds around like a dog does that make him WC. Scholes was for more valuable to Club and country than the 'golden boy' there is a reason that after Scholes called time on his Intl Career after the Euro 2004 that England went from becoming a good competitive team to a overrated mediocre team

So wait a minute, your dismissing Beckham 'the player' and ALL his quality's which you've just acknowledged because he couldn't beat the first man? What a load of :shit:

Is Xavi's game about beating a man (who you named your username after), no? Then what would you say if i dismissed Xavi's quality's because 'he couldn't beat the first man?' ridcoulous? Well that's exactly how you sound to me. Style of play outdated? Is that why he was the face of football for a decade, there was no one like him for his style of play to be outdated, one of the biggest clubs in the world (Milan) took him on loan mid 30's and he finished his career late 30's playing for the biggest team in France, so that says to me his style of play wasn't outdated at all and i don't agree he couldn't beat a player either, Beckham was renowned for his fitness/all action and giving his all for the course ASWELL as his superior technical ability.

Andrew M

Beckham was a good player, not a great player, with excellent marketability.

Obscenely overrated. Feels like he has been retired since he left Real in 07 to play in the mickey mouse league

Kerrybai

Your bound to say he was behind Keane because your Irish, Beckham was United's and England's golden boy tho, he wasn't just this by looks.

Shame what's happened to him tbh in how people view him, it's like when he went to Madrid people forgot about him in this country and then people started going 'Scholes is the most naturally gifted player England/Manchester United have produced recent years' - When it wasn't this case at all when both players was at United and playing for England and in their primes.

It's like Beckham's legacy as been diminished in some way due to his lifestyle, but I've never seen anyone more naturally gifted than Beckham from Britain in my life, only Scholes could compare in vision and long range passing, but Beckham offered much more than Scholes in other things and Scholes couldn't do Beckham's long passing at pinpoint accuracy at the angles Beckham used to, only other long range pass master last 15-20 years to compare to Beckham and Scholes is Pirlo really, but again behind Beckham and before that they used an iron ball, so you can't really compare Beckham to passing maestro's pre-1980's.

I agree fully that he was a very talented player, his long passing was superb. I just wouldn't put him above Keane, Scholes, Giggs etc from that United team. In fact that was one of the most balanced teams United ever had with several very talented players as opposed to any single stand out individual.

Ronaldinho

IMO he is a great player, not a World Class and no doubt Scholes is rated more highly than Beckham by other footballer like Xavi, Zidane, Viera , even Beckham said so himself when he was came to madrid he was asked by his new teammates how it's feel to play alongside Paul Scholes,nevertheless i started to respect Beckham more as footballer when he is being included again to rm squad after being frozen out by Capello and play for England NT again after Steve Mclaren said he wouldn't call Beckham again

Meitux

522417_408271235936619_1468183211_n.jpg
the future beckham,for barcelona maybe? :pep:

pEllee

We are talking about one of the best long passers of all time here. How can some people actually say he was only a good player?

Obviously he was never the best midfielder of all time as the video suggest but he sure as hell was a great one.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
David Beckham has allegedly been injured in a car crash when picking up his son Brooklyn at Arsenal training ground. Don't know if it true or not. Hopefully not.

Home of Barca Fans