F1

Yannik

bit of a bitchmove from Hamilton to somehow get Nico screwed, but I can't blame him for trying everything he could. I'm still glad it didn't work out though. Seb could've probably overtaken him in the last 2 laps but even then I don't believe that VES had the tyres to get the podium.

On another note: I would've actually loved had Lewis' tactic backfired that much that Vettel would've managed to overtake them both. He was clearly flying the last 10 laps.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
bit of a bitchmove from Hamilton to somehow get Nico screwed, but I can't blame him for trying everything he could. I'm still glad it didn't work out though. Seb could've probably overtaken him in the last 2 laps but even then I don't believe that VES had the tyres to get the podium.

On another note: I would've actually loved had Lewis' tactic backfired that much that Vettel would've managed to overtake them both. He was clearly flying the last 10 laps.

I'm not a fan of Lewis either but I can't really hold anything against him. He obviously did slow down his tempo but who stopped Nico from pushing harder? In the end he didn't resort to anything worse like some drivers from the past ;)

What I don't like is a bias in McLaren towards Lewis and F1 boos himself being unfair on Nico.

Yannik

I'm not a fan of Lewis either but I can't really hold anything against him. He obviously did slow down his tempo but who stopped Nico from pushing harder? In the end he didn't resort to anything worse like some drivers from the past ;)

What I don't like is a bias in McLaren towards Lewis and F1 boos himself being unfair on Nico.

Yeah, I can absolutely understand Hamiltons intention there and I also don't see it as something unsportsmanlike even though it wasn't exactly a teamplayer thing either. Without his maneuver this race would've probably bored me to death. Hamilton is clearly the more 'popular' racer and the prefered out of the two. He's also normally the actual better racer, I mean we all know without previous car issues he might have walked away with the championship. But I'm glad Nico also had his day in the sun this year and unlike some british papers I believe he deserved it.

But still, I'm having enough of Mercedes' dominance for now. It's bad enough that we have to count on one of their cars to slow down to get exciting races. Hopefully next season it gets competetive again.

snowy

zerro eye contact in the post-race lounge. Bet they won't be holidaying together in Ibiza anytime soon :thinking:
Flash Flesh 4 fantasy no eye in meat but there is an m n e
So long Herbie, it's been a gas!
zb774ae

MagIX

Lucky win of Rosberg (only hoping in a engine failure or a bad day of Hamilton, Rosberg can win a title). Hamilton is clearly the better driver.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Hamilton is clearly superior to Rosberg in ALL aspects of Motor Racing. If Mercedes didn't fuck up Hamilton's car in the early part of the year he'd have easily retained the title.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hamilton would fight with Alonso for 8th places if it wasn't for Mercedes.
He was silver spooned from the start of his career.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No better way than going out at the top

Bring Alonso to Merc now!

Last edited:

Cule Finn

I believe it's gonna be either Wehrlein or Bottas to Mercedes. My guess is Bottas, and I'm not only saying this because he's my compatriot. Wehrlein is too inexperienced.
They are never gonna be stupid enough at Merc to get Alonso as Hamilton's teammate. As for Max or Vettel, Red Bull and Ferrari wont let their drivers join their biggest rival.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans